Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 04:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to Sell Cryptocurrency...  (Read 1029 times)
RainbowCurrency (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:31:00 AM

Hi there!

I recently learned that, ideally, you should only sell cryptocurrency once its value has increased by a factor of 50-1000.

In other words, if I buy $100 worth of TWINKLES (as an investment), I should only consider selling once they're worth $5000-$100000 (50-1000 times the original investment).

Would you say this is fair?

Thanks in advance for your comments! :-)

Michael
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:37:28 AM

Hi there!

I recently learned that, ideally, you should only sell cryptocurrency once its value has increased by a factor of 50-1000.

In other words, if I buy $100 worth of TWINKLES (as an investment), I should only consider selling once they're worth $5000-$100000 (50-1000 times the original investment).

Michael

As you said still there are some investors who invested on bitcoin in the time of 2013 and 2014. By looking for the fast profit everyone are selling their bitcoins and altcoins which has potential for future purposes.
Tokens mentioned is not that much bigger project and which is completely related blockchain.
When the time you buy the tokens or cheap altcoins you have to read their white paper and analyze that coin reach further in future or not bro.
RainbowCurrency (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:44:39 AM

Cheers, much appreciated! Smiley
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:12:08 AM

Not really. This sort of thing is entirely dependent on personal preference. Some people hold and hold and hold and never sell (yet). Some people sell as soon as they have a profit. And there are plenty of people (most people I think) in between.
It's entirely up to you, and depends on whether you think the coin will continue to rise or whether you want to take some profit out Smiley

fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:24:39 PM

Much of it HSS to do with your preferences and targets. If you're dealing with potential shit coins and their value goes lower instead of higher, you will lose greatly while waiting for it to reach that high a target.
I'll suggest that you set your own targets but not unrealistically high or too low. That way you can curtail any great losses.

cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:32:58 PM

That would be a long term investment and you are not sure if the coin can hit a x2 profit,i suggest you look into more valuabe coin to invest.Theres a lot of shitcoins out there that will give you a fast profit.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:33:49 PM

I dint even dare to dream to get 50x profit but I seen some of holdings got 100x growth but I dint sell after it got reduced I sold it it for 50x . It was with only 2 of my holdings remaining all tokens still it’s 2x or more loss . So I am not sure about your statement now I am looking for recover losses.
foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:37:10 PM

Hi there!

Michael

It's a bit fabulous growths. This rarely happens. Unless you want to keep the coins for 10 years.
Many smart investors are buying the coin he shoots at them gives you 50% they sell it and go to another, and don't put your money in a few years it is not clear whether you get your at least X10..

I now decided for myself that I will sell from X3 to X10, and to go to other projects.

sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:37:38 PM

Sell when you are at a profit and feeling euphoric, don't be greedy otherwise you will end up holding for a long time.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

Hi there!

Michael

If you are afraid to sell to early. sell 10% and then when price doubles again 10% and when price double again 10%. This way you will fast repay your investment and never fully sell and miss the moon.

Increase 50-1000 times. LOL   Optimistic.
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:38:23 PM

a profit of x2 or x3 would be good i dont expect x50 for a long term investment especially when the coin or ICO doesnt have much potential than existing coins.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
icochick

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

What would be a longterm type investment?

I saw that BTC will reach $200k at some point.. Huh why would i sell it now?
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:40:42 PM

i agree with you,dont be so greedy if you want to be a successful investor or trader thats the #1 problem with most traders they are getting burned with their greediness.

max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:17:03 PM

following terms of the developer session of market attains with the table as might the use to helps on short of frames to deliver returns with the chance on displacement with the trading on exchange.

Psynthax

Activity: 2352
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:32:23 PM

Sell when you are at a profit and feeling euphoric, don't be greedy otherwise you will end up holding for a long time.
But we can try to put the top price of the altcoin itself. I believe about to sell our coin at the peak seems to be a difficult thing. but i just try to sell them all in the green and then buy back again at the red. This time the price will be bouncing back again.

ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:39:47 PM

It all depends on the market behaviour of the coin. If the market value of the coin is increasing on daily basis then keep that coin and if it is facing some decrements in the market value then sell that coin as early as possible because you never know when it will come down from what you purchased.

Shishir99

Activity: 686
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:46:06 PM

Hi there!

Michael
No this is not fair.
You can not expect that much of gain from the altcoin in current market situation.
It happens very often in market.
If you are very ambitious you should aim for maximum 5X in my opinion.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:46:16 PM

Crypto currency has great potential. If you have no urgent need of money, do not sell your coins. It may grow to any extent. One thing I observed that do not buy or sell coins at once.
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:50:28 PM

Many people do not understand this that exiting from a trade is as much important as entering the trade. To do this correctly and make money in crypto or as a matter of fact in any kind of market, you need to understand how market cycles work. A simple google search for wall street market cycle chart should give you a good idea about it.

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:53:30 PM

Lol 50-10000x with crypto from the current point  Grin

Its better to cashout when you will make quite good profit like 2x or 3x in just few months, if you will not sell crypto at peak point you might get stucked with lots of shitcoins.

Buy coins when they are undervalued, sell them on peak price during huge pump (almost every cryto have one big pump).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print