Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:46:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to Sell Cryptocurrency...  (Read 1014 times)
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:54:27 PM

it depends what you feel about the coin price reaches its peak before people dumping it down but if your holding a coin its best to sell the coin from 1 - 2 years from now because thats how holding works. 50 times of its price before selling the coin would take you more than 2 year plus depending what coin your investing to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:01:05 PM

Based on something to be sure the value of a project can grow to the value you say? It takes a very long time (3-5 years or more). Not to mention many unwanted issues will arise in the future.

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:05:34 PM

As you said one should sell their cryptocurrencies once it has increased by 50 fold the value at which you bought it. I agree with you but sometimes it may take more than a year or two for the value to increase by such a scale, but that would be worth it. Many people bought bitcoins like in 2011 or 2012 and they kept selling them when they felt bitcoin was at the highest price.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 05:18:39 PM

It is always depends on you when you can sell crypto currency. If you can hold good portfolio and invest for huge profitno then hold for long term. But if you want small profit (short term gain) then sell your coins when you will get 3X to 5X profit on your acctual investment. Because crypto market is very volatile. No body what can happen in next minute.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
Saifher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:18:06 PM

The best time to sell depends entirely on what type of investor you are. You have to balance the risk/reward ratio you'd comfortable with and apply it to your trading strategies. Some people like selling 50% of their stack when they get a 100% growth, some other people like it ride it all the way up or back down.. What kind of trader are you?

Proximity Scan

Activity: 172

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:19:57 PM

Make yourself targets here. For example say that this is my target for waves or ethereum and create plans for it as an exit policy. Check my plans for waves and ethereum.

Waves: The exit price is $40 for me.

Ethereum: The exit price is $900 for me.

These are not easy targets, but still possible next years.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:33:57 PM

Hi there!

I recently learned that, ideally, you should only sell cryptocurrency once its value has increased by a factor of 50-1000.

In other words, if I buy $100 worth of TWINKLES (as an investment), I should only consider selling once they're worth $5000-$100000 (50-1000 times the original investment).

Would you say this is fair?

Thanks in advance for your comments! :-)

Michael

As you said still there are some investors who invested on bitcoin in the time of 2013 and 2014. By looking for the fast profit everyone are selling their bitcoins and altcoins which has potential for future purposes.
Tokens mentioned is not that much bigger project and which is completely related blockchain.
When the time you buy the tokens or cheap altcoins you have to read their white paper and analyze that coin reach further in future or not bro.

This is all true. But in my opinion there may be a great potential for a coin, but this does not happen. Alt market relations are different. Probably there are confident predictors and magicians. They easily guess the potential. But we are ordinary people and here there is more faith in success. I think so.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:37:01 PM

Hi there!

I recently learned that, ideally, you should only sell cryptocurrency once its value has increased by a factor of 50-1000.

In other words, if I buy $100 worth of TWINKLES (as an investment), I should only consider selling once they're worth $5000-$100000 (50-1000 times the original investment).

Would you say this is fair?

Thanks in advance for your comments! :-)

Michael
On the current situation of this market long tradings is possible and been worth but most people would really do short tradings specially on alts because as i do observe too that alts wont really able to give you the chance already on hitting up 50-1000x on your initial investment and if it does then it would really require for  how my months or even years which would really depend on the project you did invest on.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:40:54 PM

50x is a rare case nowadays ,because a lot of scam ICOs are being introduced everyday.You should do some good research before joining any ICOs.

chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:26:04 PM

Even with  these many scam ICO,in my own opinion,sell them while the profits are good and reinvest into another short or a project you believe will be good within the years.
BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:39:19 PM

You can miss out on making money if you're too greedy because it can go up, you never sell, and then it goes back down to where you bought it from.  I would rather make some money than nothing.

Schlaumeier

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

I would rather make some money than nothing.

Absolutely true. Another guy mentioned to take out 10% each time it doubles which is also a good thing.

As for myself. The initial investment I like to take out in the midterm. In case crypto would be a complete failure (which I think is highly unlikely as of now) I wouldn't had lost any (fiat) money.
Differentiation is key, not only in crypto, also compared with other asset classes. In case one single coins sucks you will not take a heavy hit.

Before I make an investment in crypto I have a plan when to sell it. This can be "only" 20%, 100% etcetera. If it reaches it i will immediately realize it.

Another option I sometimes apply is: On some exchanges I adjust sell orders when the price keeps going up which gives me additional profit.
cryptousher

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:48:52 PM

As I recently started I am being advised by my introducer to hold it right now. But he advised me to sell whenever I want but to make sure I am in profit. And also yes I agree and I will set a target as it crosses it I will sell them. This only goes for new tokens. And for good alts I will hold no plan of selling, didn't considered and thought about them.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

Everyone decides when to sell. I sell when the profit reaches more than 1000%. for the present there is such profit. In five years, the percentage will be less.

Buddyzle

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:57:57 PM

The number one factor to consider when hodling a cryptocurrency is this...establish your "take profit" whenever the price gets to that level...you should seriously consider selling, despite what the market or news might be indicating.
Try as much as possible to recover your profit as fast as you can..that give u a sense of leverage and relaxation...you can sell some, recover capital then hodl some for further future profits.
Vladimir66

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:00:40 PM

Many beginners sell the  cryptocurrency after entering the market. This is not correct, because in the early days of the cryptocurrency very vulnerable in the market. Offer more than the demand and it and it starts to lose value. Because of this, many new firms can't normally finish your project. So now popular production of a large number of tokens. If the firm holds in the market is good, it allows you to get more profit with their tokens, so early sales are highly undesirable
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:04:17 PM

it depends what you feel about the coin price reaches its peak before people dumping it down but if your holding a coin its best to sell the coin from 1 - 2 years from now because thats how holding works. 50 times of its price before selling the coin would take you more than 2 year plus depending what coin your investing to.
that's called long-term investment, because if we make long-term investments ,, in 1-2-year digital currency is the minimum time period obtained .. because if you want to find your coins to be 20-100x .. 5-10 years will be the best time period you have to do .. that's when you will become one of the successful people from the purchase of digital currency
lamby

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:13:17 PM

Sometimes people sell their coins because they are in need of money desperately.

Otherwise it's best to sell if your coin has made reasonable profits of like 400% and above and you see it beginning to dip.

You sell then so you take some profits and then you can buy back at the lows
arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

To the best of my knowledge, I think cryptocurrency should be sold when the market is stable and not when it is fluctuating.  From previous experiences when people dispose their coin today the next day the value might just go up.The trading price should also be considered, it should not be sold when the price is very low to avoid loss of investment.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:31:20 PM

You have to think first when you want to take back the money you have invested. In my opinion this should be step Nr 1.
For example you could take a 25% back (of the money you've invested)  if your coins make a 3x or 4x gain and continue so on.
If something is going wrong, at least you'll have the fealing you didnt lost everything.
So I suggest you to make a plan and stick to it no matter what...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: