Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🚀 GLOBCOIN - Bringing Stablecoins to the Next Level  (Read 113297 times)
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:59:27 PM

A message from the Globcoin Team:

We hope your 2018 was full of great achievements as it was for us. This year we brought the GLX to the world, a unique global payment digital currency with an unparalleled stability; turning our hopes into clear objectives and our ideas into concrete projects.

It's almost 2019 and we feel strong and optimistic to accept the challenges that lie ahead, as long as we count on your trust and enthusiasm. Thank you for staying close by us, and we look forward to see you next year, as we continue our journey of bringing stablecoins to the next level.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019 to you and your loved ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EvaGC

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 12:41:51 PM

[Taken from the Globcoin Medium blog]

How can the GLX benefit NGOs and international organizations?

Among the many use cases for the GLX stablecoin, we could say the most globally important one is for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other nonprofit organizations.

“Donations in cryptocurrency have been increasing in frequency. Due to their transparency and accountability, non-profit organizations have started to accept contributions in digital currencies, and this is has helped them to raise more funds from a new subset of donors” — Alexander Lielacher
Many causes accept bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies today as a method of donating. However, the blockchain and solutions like the GLX have other important roles to play for NGOs in terms of transparency, speed, convenience and costs. That is why the Blockchain has been adopted by NGOs and will continue to benefit this sector in the future.

✔ Transparency and public trust
The public image of NGOs and charities relies on complete accountability. Working on the Blockchain will ensure that records and remittances cannot be manipulated by third parties, and remain transparent, which can help organizations gain trust from donors and the general public.

✔ Speed and convenience
Blockchain is being used to verify payments and track goods and services to ensure both are reaching their destination, often in more remote parts of the world and usually without a traditional or robust infrastructure.

✔ Low transaction fees
“UK charities, for example, are losing 50 million euros a year in transfer fees and exchange rate” — Ayush Aggarwal
International organizations need to ensure all donations are cost-effectively transmitted to the area of need with minimal transaction or administration costs. This is where the GLX fits in. NGOs and Charities can avoid the high foreign exchange costs in remittances by using the GLX: a stablecoin within the crypto world. Cross-border payments can be done quickly and efficiently at a small cost and without the risk of losing value during the conversion process. So far, the payment service provided by Globcoin and the GLX is the best cost-effective solution for instant and transparent remittances.

✔ Providing global values in a stablecoin format
Even if the advantages of cryptocurrencies are obvious for NGOs and nonprofit organizations, they still have to deal with one last issue: volatility. This is where stablecoins come in as an alternative: sending money across countries with differing levels of inflation can be challenging in terms of ‘holding the value’, and even obtaining stable fiat currencies like USD is not possible in cases like Venezuela, for example. The GLX is the most global stablecoin of all, and represents the perfect solution for the NFP sector.

The GLX is based on the currencies representing the core world economies today, reflecting the diverse components of the global mix with a small overweighting to the key emerging economies across all continents. The GLX provides stability for international organizations dealing with this problem, offering the benefits of fiat and the benefits of crypto all in one.

Moreover, the GLX will provide a transparent, auditable, and secure protocol. The deposits will be held securely at Prime Banks and regularly audited by a reputable auditing firm. All this, backed by the long experience and reputation of an international team.
EvaGC

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:42:04 PM

NEXT GLOBCOIN EVENTS:

NEXT GLOBCOIN EVENT:
➡️ Geneva Annual Blockchain Congress
📍 Palexpo - Geneva
📆 January 21, 2019
💡 https://www.genevablockchaincongress.com/

➡️ World Economic Forum Annual Meeting #WEF2019
📍  Davos - Switzerland
📆 January 22-25, 2019
💡 https://www.weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting/about
EvaGC

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:16:46 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE GLX STABLECOIN

Globcoin customers can now register on Lykke and globcoin.io in order to access the benefits of the GLX payment token. Each 1 GLX Stablecoin is redeemable into all major currencies at any point in time for that stable value, which is denominated in fiat.

GLX is the first stable payment coin based on a basket of the world’s top 15 currencies and gold, acting as the most universal of its kind.

GLX holders also have access to a powerful hedging tool against crypto volatility, protecting purchasing power against global conditions (the basket has outperformed the Swiss Frank as a less volatile option every year since 2010).

The GLX enables high-speed, low-cost, truly global payments.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:50:50 PM

Globcoin customers can now register on Lykke and globcoin.io in order to access the benefits of the GLX payment token. Each 1 GLX Stablecoin is redeemable into all major currencies at any point in time for that stable value, which is denominated in fiat.

GLX is the first stable payment coin based on a basket of the world’s top 15 currencies and gold, acting as the most universal of its kind.

GLX holders also have access to a powerful hedging tool against crypto volatility, protecting purchasing power against global conditions (the basket has outperformed the Swiss Frank as a less volatile option every year since 2010).

I am still confused. How this GLX stable coin will help GCP holders who are Non-Europeans like me. Are we going to be able to swap our GCP with GLX at the ratio of 1:1 on Globcoin platform? If not then please don't tell us to trade with Eth or BTC on Lykke because the GCP price on that exchange is no where near the price of ICO. If there's no swap program for GCP then as an ICO investor I find this situation really bad because all I hear from Globcoin team now is about GLX. It's been months GCP on Lykke which has low volume and very less people know about GCP. Why aren't you doing more for GCP? Why not more exchanges for Globcoin?

EvaGC

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 04:56:06 PM

I am still confused. How this GLX stable coin will help GCP holders who are Non-Europeans like me. Are we going to be able to swap our GCP with GLX at the ratio of 1:1 on Globcoin platform? If not then please don't tell us to trade with Eth or BTC on Lykke because the GCP price on that exchange is no where near the price of ICO. If there's no swap program for GCP then as an ICO investor I find this situation really bad because all I hear from Globcoin team now is about GLX. It's been months GCP on Lykke which has low volume and very less people know about GCP. Why aren't you doing more for GCP? Why not more exchanges for Globcoin?

Hi!

Thanks for your comment. Helie, Globcoin CEO, says:

Remember that the utility of the GCP is a VIP access to the Globcoin Platform in terms of fees and access to liquidity. A certain number of GCP is needed depending on the amount of GLX you want to trade directly on the platform. It is therefore reasonable to say that the more traction GLX gets, the more demand should grow to hold GCPs. This answers your question on what we are doing for GCPs: we're building the main product GLX which benefits the holders of GCP. As is the case for many projects now, I agree with you that the liquidity of GCP on Lykke is currently weak. Apart from the general market conditions which have affected all cryptos, the fact that the underlying platform had not been launched did not help  bring interest from new HODLers, so we've had a period of subdued trading only. That should change soon - we only launched GLX publicly on Friday! Did you leave some orders in Lykke’s GCP orderbook?
Believe me -  we have been working hard in the best interests of the whole community and we will continue to do so.

Fabsquire

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 03:15:27 AM

I think the problem for now is just that Lykke exchange has very low volume (according to coinmarketcap the entire exchange has only 28K of daily volume). I just made an account now to see there is basically no orderbook. I guess thats back to being patient and see if a exchange with more volume will come up in the next weeks or months!

EvaGC

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 12:34:21 PM

I think the problem for now is just that Lykke exchange has very low volume (according to coinmarketcap the entire exchange has only 28K of daily volume). I just made an account now to see there is basically no orderbook. I guess thats back to being patient and see if a exchange with more volume will come up in the next weeks or months!

Hi!

Strategically it made sense for Globcoin to first start listing GLX on Lykke given their headquarters in Switzerland, but we are also in the process of listing GLX into other exchanges too (and this should take days or weeks, not weeks or months!)
Also, technically speaking, trading hasn't started, so orderbook should start building up as of next week if all goes well.

Thank you!
Fabsquire

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2019, 06:17:45 AM

Hi!

Strategically it made sense for Globcoin to first start listing GLX on Lykke given their headquarters in Switzerland, but we are also in the process of listing GLX into other exchanges too (and this should take days or weeks, not weeks or months!)
Also, technically speaking, trading hasn't started, so orderbook should start building up as of next week if all goes well.

Thank you!

Alright that sounds great. Looking forward to see which exchanges the team will be deciding to list on. I truely think Globcoin has a big advantages over the other stable coins being pegged to a whole bunch of currencies and having a proven concept! Lets get the word out!

invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 06:26:05 PM

Thank you!

I really do not care about GLX if it does not give any value to GCP. And as long you are stuck with that horrible Lykke exchange there's no way you could make Globcoin ICO investors happy with all those things you are saying. The team needs a better marketing and partnership so that they can get attracted to this GLX which is backed by many currencies.

EvaGC

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 11:32:31 AM

GLX listed on InstantBitex:

https://medium.com/globcoin-io/glx-stablecoin-listed-on-instant-bitex-626a05cab6a9
Fabsquire

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 04:34:33 AM

I always thought GLX could only be used by persons holding GCP as well? Was I wrong there or what is the acutal utility of GCP and incentitive to buy it? I thought GCP and GLX would always get listed together at new exchanges.

EvaGC

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 12:25:33 PM

Actually the team was always very clear about the GLX being available on EXCHANGES as well as the Globcoin Crypto Platform.
The GCP grants a special access to the GLX via the Globcoin Crypto Platform (which hasn't been launched yet).
Globcoin CEO has made a few interesting comments about this on Telegram: https://t.me/globcoin
Fabsquire

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 05:47:10 AM

Actually the team was always very clear about the GLX being available on EXCHANGES as well as the Globcoin Crypto Platform.
The GCP grants a special access to the GLX via the Globcoin Crypto Platform (which hasn't been launched yet).
Globcoin CEO has made a few interesting comments about this on Telegram: https://t.me/globcoin
Alright I see. When do you plan on launching the Globcoin Crypto Platform and what kind of benefits will the special access function give to GCP holders?

EvaGC

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 12:25:53 PM

The roadmap is being updated right now, along with a few other changes to our website. I'll share it once it's up
About the GCP holders benefits, I invite you to take a look at the whitepaper or the blog with a few posts about GCP, for example:
https://medium.com/globcoin-io/what-do-we-mean-by-utility-token-9e7f17205329

EvaGC

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:57:40 AM

NEW LISTING: The GLX stablecoin is now available at BITKER, a trading platform from Singapore officially listed on CoinMarketCap with more than 300k users and a $188million trading volume and ranked #30 of world’s Exchanges on Coingeko. This partnership aims to push Globcoin’s GLX into the Asian markets, as we are inching closer to becoming a global player in the FinTech space with presence and listings across the globe.

Full announcement: https://medium.com/globcoin-io/hello-asia-glx-listed-on-bitker-2c976dc12cdf
EvaGC

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 01:26:36 PM

GLOBCOIN Update: Q1 2019
https://medium.com/globcoin-io/globcoin-update-q1-2019-c980aece37c8

- Launch of the GLX at the World Economic Forum
- The GLX listed on 3 Exchanges
- The team around the World —Meetings, Conferences and Summits
- What's next for us?
KBEES

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 09:27:42 PM

GLOBCOIN Update: Q1 2019
https://medium.com/globcoin-io/globcoin-update-q1-2019-c980aece37c8

- Launch of the GLX at the World Economic Forum
- The GLX listed on 3 Exchanges
- The team around the World —Meetings, Conferences and Summits
- What's next for us?

So let me understand this and let use layman's terms here.

Initial investors buy GCP, that has no value and cannot be bought or sold (please do not refer to Lykke, there is no volume or value with that rag of an exchange). Once you have the investment, you continue to develop GLX and leave the early investors high and dry.
I cannot swap GCP for GLX anywhere, am I right.

So, what exactly can I do with my GCP. Please provide a walkthrough example.

In other words, I am stuck with a worthless token.

EDIT: to add, should I take notice of the big red banner at the top od this thread?

EvaGC

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 04:22:25 PM

Initial investors buy GCP, that has no value and cannot be bought or sold (please do not refer to Lykke, there is no volume or value with that rag of an exchange). Once you have the investment, you continue to develop GLX and leave the early investors high and dry.

EDIT: to add, should I take notice of the big red banner at the top od this thread?

Hi, why don't you post this on the Telegram channel, you will see that Globcoin CEO has already answered very similar questions and if you still want to ask again, most of the team is there.
KBEES

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 07:45:44 PM

Hi, why don't you post this on the Telegram channel, you will see that Globcoin CEO has already answered very similar questions and if you still want to ask again, most of the team is there.

Are you the same as Eva C from telegram, I would think so with the number of posts in this thread.

I don't want to trawl through the Telegram site but I did see this question today (19/05) at 13:04
Hello any update on the cards? Does anyone know the GCP price? It looks like there is no movement of this tokens and looks like value it's gone by 99,9%

Then you posted half an hour later and promptly ignored the post above, I fear I could spend ages reading through and not seeing the answer.

Why the reluctance to answer in Bitcointalk?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: