Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Testimonies  (Read 2581 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 06:18:17 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 02:09:47 AM by FinShaggy

Please Share How Devcoin has changed your life in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvFsDLhMC0

Before Devtome I had a series of jobs (I will start at 19 years old, when I left TX). I worked at an avocado warehouse, where I was 1 of 3 English speaking employees on the floor.
I got a "helper" Mexican that couldn't speak English, and I was told to train hi so he could help me do my job. A week in, I was fired.

Since then I have been living from YouTube paycheck to YouTube paycheck, and I haven't been able to get a job no matter how much I apply. I was in Florida for a while, and had applied at abunch of places, one being a grocery store. 3 months later I'm in Colorado and I get a phone call asking if I need a job at the grocery store in florida. Other than YouTube, that is the only work opportunity I have for about a year

I wanted to go to college when I was a kid. I planned on doing community college, getting the basics done. Then moving on to a bigger and better school. But when I got older I learned, you need money for that. And no one had prepared me. Yes I had had jobs, but not $100,000 a year ones. And since I got a full graduation highschool diploma in juvy my junior year, I didn't get the aid of a councilor, or anyone who could help me learn what a student loan is let alone get one.

But with the YouTube checks, I have lived on less than $500 a month (including rent) for the past 8 months.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 08:02:35 PM

I know for a god damn FACT that I am not the only artist being supported by Devcoin and Devtome. Can we please get some halleluiahs up in here.

Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:22:19 PM

I know for a god damn FACT that I am not the only artist being supported by Devcoin and Devtome. Can we please get some halleluiahs up in here.

There are enough people, developers, artists, getting paid out, why should we post "testimonals" here? It's not like DVC is some sort of prize shop where you have to verify actually receiving your prize. We know people are receiving good amounts for their projects, why do we need another spam topic from you to praise that? Seems unneccesary to me.
JessicaMILFson

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:34:39 PM

There are enough people, developers, artists, getting paid out, why should we post "testimonals" here? It's not like DVC is some sort of prize shop where you have to verify actually receiving your prize. We know people are receiving good amounts for their projects, why do we need another spam topic from you to praise that? Seems unneccesary to me.

Agreed. This is completely unnecessary and reminds me of those fake Clickbank squeeze pages. Devcoin is in the infancy stages right now andits likely that it is not life changing at the moment at all. This is especially true given the weak exchange rate.

Also, all press is not good press at all. You see how many alt coins get released on a daily basis? People are getting sick of alt coins and they are getting sick of Devcoin with all these topics you are creating

All press is not good press.  In general, I don’t subscribe to the theory “If they read your name it’s a good thing.” If you think that’s the case, ask Toyota if the media about the recall helped them, ask Lindsay Lohan if being arrested every ten minutes has been good for her acting career, or speak to anyone who’s had negative media what so ever.  Press can be very harmful, and it’s not always a good thing.  That being said, it’s something that at times could be used to a companies’ benefit. However, a company needs to know where they stand on the totem pole.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:48:03 PM

Also, all press is not good press at all. You see how many alt coins get released on a daily basis? People are getting sick of alt coins and they are getting sick of Devcoin with all these topics you are creating.

Well said. DVC is a brilliant idea and has great supporters behind it. The constant spamming of DVC related nonsense simply dilutes the purpose imo. Keep it all relevant and in one of the myriad of threads you already have going.
Boelens

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

Also, all press is not good press at all. You see how many alt coins get released on a daily basis? People are getting sick of alt coins and they are getting sick of Devcoin with all these topics you are creating.

Well said. DVC is a brilliant idea and has great supporters behind it. The constant spamming of DVC related nonsense simply dilutes the purpose imo. Keep it all relevant and in one of the myriad of threads you already have going.

Exactly. FinShaggy doesn't believe it, but he's spamming so much useless DVC stuff just so he can pump 'n dump, it's giving it horrible publicity. Worst thing is FInShaggy is an adminsitrator and actually get's paid DVC. *shivers*
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 10:53:54 PM

DVC is giving BTC a bad name ..its all you
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:23:24 AM

No, but it would be nice to hear the good things devcoin has done, vs having the forums full of bad things that the trolls pretend devcoin does.

Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:27:25 AM

No, but it would be nice to hear the good things devcoin has done, vs having the forums full of bad things that the trolls pretend devcoin does.

Enough is being heard of things DVC do, and trust me, none of that is thanks to you.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:28:01 AM

You guys are all just butt hurt.

Devcoin has changed my life.

I now have a webcam, xbox, video games and means to pay rent. My job is on YouTube, so these things have drastically changed my life.

I have tripled my YouTube video making capability
I have gotten far more writing done than I ever did before

And it's all thanks to Devtome.
If anyone is giving devcoin bad press, it's you guys.

I have gotten about half of my devcoin devtome payout, I plan on using the other half on correcting the market, instead of bitching and moaning about the market and pointing blame like you guys.

shakezula

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:32:29 AM

I now have a webcam, xbox, video games and means to pay rent. My job is on YouTube, so these things have drastically changed my life.

I have gotten about half of my devcoin devtome payout, I plan on using the other half on correcting the market, instead of bitching and moaning about the market and pointing blame like you guys.
Its nice to be paid for doing next to nothing isn't it? I don't think Devtome was designed to be a replacement for an actual real world job but hey easier than standing in line for welfare huh?
Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:38:14 AM

You're for a part being paid for nothing and doing useless things. Congratuatlations, you get DVC, dump it all to fiat, then pump untill you get your next payout, dump, and the cycle continues. And you can't and shouldn't "correct" the market, you cannot correct the market, it is based on supply,demand and what is being mined. And we're giving bad press to DVC? Seriously, if I vote with all supporters of DVC, if you give DVC good or bad press, I'm sure it'd be bad press. Heck, I'd bet 1BTC on that if you're up for it. We're not being butt hurt, you have to realize the truth.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:47:48 AM

You're for a part being paid for nothing and doing useless things. Congratuatlations, you get DVC, dump it all to fiat, then pump untill you get your next payout, dump, and the cycle continues. And you can't and shouldn't "correct" the market, you cannot correct the market, it is based on supply,demand and what is being mined. And we're giving bad press to DVC? Seriously, if I vote with all supporters of DVC, if you give DVC good or bad press, I'm sure it'd be bad press. Heck, I'd bet 1BTC on that if you're up for it. We're not being butt hurt, you have to realize the truth.

Then sell all your DVC and fuck off, and I'll have fun laughing my ass off at you in about two months.

Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:49:12 AM

Then sell all your DVC and fuck off, and I'll have fun laughing my ass off at you in about two months.

Why in the hell should I sell my DVC? I'm a DVC supporter and don't have any intention to convert it to BTC or USD currently. And why would you be laughing your ass off? Also, you haven't responded if you'd want to do the bet. It also seems you're getting a bit angry, getting angry you're getting exposed about your actions?
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

Why in the hell should I sell my DVC? I'm a DVC supporter and don't have any intention to convert it to BTC or USD currently. And why would you be laughing your ass off? Also, you haven't responded if you'd want to do the bet. It also seems you're getting a bit angry, getting angry you're getting exposed about your actions?

Actually I'm pretty sure if anyone is getting angry it's you. 1. Mad about my posts. 2. Freaking out when I told you to sell your coins

I'm simply asking for people to tell the world how Devcoins helped them, if you don't want to tell the world, then don't. We don't need you here complaining about a good thing.

Boelens

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:59:21 AM

Actually I'm pretty sure if anyone is getting angry it's you. 1. Mad about my posts. 2. Freaking out when I told you to sell your coins

I'm simply asking for people to tell the world how Devcoins helped them, if you don't want to tell the world, then don't. We don't need you here complaining about a good thing.

I agree it's good to get more attention on DVC, but there's a difference in bad attention and good attention, and trust me, it's not my complaining on this topic that is keeping people from buying DVC. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant to not get this, I don't get angered often but you need to see what you're actually doing with your life, because from what I see of it it's quite pathetic. I'm sorry for that, but seriously. You're giving DVC bad press, your spamming of topics is not helping, you spam 4-5 posts in a row in topics, I don't understand how you can't see that what you're doing is only bad press.
coinerd

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:04:44 AM

Fin Shaggy.

You are EXACTLY the opposite if what most of us want devcoin to stand for.

There is NO ACTUAL DEVELOPER interested in your bullshit rhetoric, crazy conman antics, or YouTube marketing.

You provide nothing but noise.  

I mean it's seriously enough that I've come to be angered by you for no rational reason.

You may succeed in a massive pump on devcoin, but you and your ilk will kill the (stated) "spirit" of the thing as surely as cyanide.

Wait, so it's YOU behind the giant dump that has recently crashed devcoin prices?
Enjoy your x-box and your web cam.  I think I just heard a market lose all support.

EDIT lol i can't post fast enough I keepe getting warned about the people come here to beg you to shut the hell up and go away.
shakezula

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:08:00 AM

^^THIS is the kind of inane shit we're talking about. You started a thread to hear some "hallelujahs" but instead within 15 posts your attitude degenerated in to this crap. Boelens and I are BOTH big supporters of DVC in spite of the lame cockamamie ideas you continually dream up in your pot-haze filled room with the Xbox and Webcam.

Devtome is a beautiful thing, and lest you forget, YOU are the reason I found it and contributed my own 38K worth of articles last round. I appreciate it, really I do, but seriously mate, you need to relax a bit.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 01:12:31 AM

I agree it's good to get more attention on DVC, but there's a difference in bad attention and good attention, and trust me, it's not my complaining on this topic that is keeping people from buying DVC. I don't understand how you can be so ignorant to not get this, I don't get angered often but you need to see what you're actually doing with your life, because from what I see of it it's quite pathetic. I'm sorry for that, but seriously. You're giving DVC bad press, your spamming of topics is not helping, you spam 4-5 posts in a row in topics, I don't understand how you can't see that what you're doing is only bad press.

This isn't spam. This is me asking people to tell stories of how Devcoin has helped them, and you trolling me hard core. I don't see how you feel like you've proven anything.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 01:14:55 AM

^^THIS is the kind of inane shit we're talking about. You started a thread to hear some "hallelujahs" but instead within 15 posts your attitude degenerated in to this crap

LOL You're acting like he didn't talk shit. At least I am being respectful to these people. I haven't told a single person to eat shit, or fuck their moms or anything. I've just been sitting here taking he trolling and letting it happen. Do what you do, but it's going to be over in 15 minutes and no one will even give a fuck. And even if it last a month, no matter what, it will end, and I will still be here, and so will the videos I made.

So get over it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: