Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:13:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] JIT Group Buy #7 1045+ ASICMiner Erupter USB 1.01618 ea. @ 10 units  (Read 27838 times)
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:22:15 PM

Folks, if you could say a prayer for my uncle who is at http://www.stanthonynorth.org/ trying to come out of his coma (heart attack a few days ago) that would be much much appreciated and severely needed...  docs are seriously concerned about the state of his brain function... atm they are taking him off the breathing machine to see if he can start breathing on his own with sedation.  The first time they took him off, he only lasted for 30 mins... Sad

I know what it's like to have family members in the hospital. Best wishes to your uncle for a speedy recovery.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sf2

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:12:02 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 05:11:02 AM by sf2

Smiley
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:13:56 PM

Folks, if you could say a prayer for my uncle
Best wishes.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:36:29 PM

Best wishes to your Uncle, and everyone else in the family. It can be pretty grim at that stage... the waiting and the unknown.

MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:36:50 PM

Folks, if you could say a prayer for my uncle who is at http://www.stanthonynorth.org/ trying to come out of his coma (heart attack a few days ago) that would be much much appreciated and severely needed...  docs are seriously concerned about the state of his brain function... atm they are taking him off the breathing machine to see if he can start breathing on his own with sedation.  The first time they took him off, he only lasted for 30 mins... Sad

So sorry to hear.
Odd they would keep him on sedation.
You figure they would have a "bag of tricks" using common sense like trying it OFF sedation.
Then trying some kind of stimulation combination of physical and sensory.
And last jolt or two in different areas with the defibrillator.

CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:46:49 PM

So sorry to hear.
You figure they would have a "bag of tricks" using common sense like trying it OFF sedation.

he's a fighter!! when he wasn't sedated he started moving too much... I know him... if he's not restrained, and he wakes up, he's gonna rip everything out and try to walk out of there...

they cooled his body down when they got him to hospital to try to protect brain tissue. then they warmed him up after clearing out his clogs...
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

Sending prayers Canary.  AMDG
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:12:41 PM

So sorry to hear.

he's a fighter!! when he wasn't sedated he started moving too much... I know him... if he's not restrained, and he wakes up, he's gonna rip everything out and try to walk out of there...

they cooled his body down when they got him to hospital to try to protect brain tissue. then they warmed him up after clearing out his clogs...

Great to hear.
That's more than half the battle!

animan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:13:15 PM

Canary,

Best wishes for your uncle. My prayers are with him. He will pull through!
suprabitz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

yeah btc just took a hit leave canary's funds alone!
I load some BTC at $80 range! Never invested like that before in BTC as it can be very risky.
When BTC is taking a hit now, even we take a hit as some of us probably bought in the last 3-10 days at 10-15% higher prices. I did! just to get the USB's.

what exchange did you use to buy - coinbase?
Rotorgeek

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:52:38 PM

there is something I could use, and others too...
I need a browser plugin (let's start with chrome) that reads my message in the inbox, detects a signed message and tells me whether it's verified or not... copy/paste is wasting most of my time...  in this plugin I could setup an template/expression to tell it what pattern to look for when viewing a message in the inbox, things like ---start---, ---end--- etc...
thoughts? any takers?

Hah rethaw beat me to it by a few minutes, but mine's easier to use (if you can get people to send PMs with a specific format). It will iterate through your PMs looking for the format defined by the regex, then color the background green or red based on whether the signature is valid.

Code:
javascript:(function(){var REGEX, load;REGEX = /--\s*start\n(1[a-zA-Z0-9]+)\n--\n((?:.|\n)+)\n--\n([a-zA-Z0-9\+\/\=]+)\n/;load = function(url, callback) {  var script;  script = document.createElement("script");  script.onload = callback;  script.src = url;  return document.body.appendChild(script);};load("https://raw.github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.com/master/js/bitcoinjs-min.js", function() {  return load("https://raw.github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.com/master/js/bitcoinsig.js", function() {    var address, match, message, messageNode, messages, result, signature, _, _i, _len, _results;    messages = document.querySelectorAll(".personalmessage");    _results = [];    for (_i = 0, _len = messages.length; _i < _len; _i++) {      messageNode = messages[_i];      if (!((match = messageNode.innerText.match(REGEX)))) continue;      _ = match[0], address = match[1], message = match[2], signature = match[3];      result = verify_message(signature, message);      _results.push(messageNode.style.backgroundColor = address === result ? "green" : "red");    }    return _results;  });});})()

Source: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/5883309

The current format is the following:

Code:
-- start
ADDRESS
--
SIGNATURE
-- end

I'm happy to write a regex for whatever format you want though.

Embarrassed
accelerator

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:09:46 AM

Smiley do you think I should do all this for free??

Isn't that what the 0.15 BTC "processing and handing" fee is for?

Also I would hope now that more than 1000 units have been ordered, and you will be receiving a 100 BTC volume discount (0.1 BTC x 1000 units) from friedcat, you will pass that on to the buyers in this group buy.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your uncle.
rethaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:33:44 AM

there is something I could use, and others too...
I need a browser plugin (let's start with chrome) that reads my message in the inbox, detects a signed message and tells me whether it's verified or not... copy/paste is wasting most of my time...  in this plugin I could setup an template/expression to tell it what pattern to look for when viewing a message in the inbox, things like ---start---, ---end--- etc...
thoughts? any takers?

I started a new thread to talk about this so this thread stays on topic.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:55:51 AM

Also I would hope now that more than 1000 units have been ordered, and you will be receiving a 100 BTC volume discount (0.1 BTC x 1000 units) from friedcat, you will pass that on to the buyers in this group buy.

"Hope" in that sentence sound suspiciously similar to "expect". You agreed to buy units at a set price; the seller's financial situation is not relevant to your transaction. Smiley

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
suprabitz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:57:36 AM

hey canary are you setting up another group buy soon?
sephtin

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:14:23 AM

hey canary are you setting up another group buy soon?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245477.msg2602157#msg2602157
accelerator

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:23:09 AM

"Hope" in that sentence sound suspiciously similar to "expect". You agreed to buy units at a set price; the seller's financial situation is not relevant to your transaction. Smiley

Of course, but given that canary is going to clear about $12,000 profit from this group buy, passing some of that on to his customers would be considered good customer service.  Not required, but it would be nice.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:34:54 AM

Of course, but given that canary is going to clear about $12,000 profit from this group buy, passing some of that on to his customers would be considered good customer service.  Not required, but it would be nice.

I'm thinking Canary's margin is crap. Built in bonuses like this is the only reason it's worth the effort. The market will dictate where the bonus goes. And at this point, given Canaries quality service and lowest available price, he has zero need to share the bonus.  No one is going to go elsewhere because they did not get a rebate they never expected anyway. Of course market can and will change.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:42:17 AM

I'm thinking Canary's margin is crap. Built in bonuses like this is the only reason it's worth the effort. The market will dictate where the bonus goes. And at this point, given Canaries quality service and lowest available price, he has zero need to share the bonus.  No one is going to go elsewhere because they did not get a rebate they never expected anyway. Of course market can and will change.

It's not lowest avail price.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
accelerator

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:44:42 AM

His margin without the bulk discount is 137 orders * 0.15 BTC, plus 2% "redundant" units sent by ASICMiner (20*0.89) which is 38.35 BTC or $3600.  Not bad for a week's work.

Factor in the 100 BTC bulk discount, and he's looking at more like $13,000.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: