Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leveraged bitcoin trading?  (Read 344 times)
kenw232 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:53:23 PM

Can anyone recommend a good exchange to buy leveraged bitcoin?  I do not mean margin trading.  I do not want want to borrow money to buy more bitcoin and have to pay interest and worry about a cut off price (eg. BTC drops to less then 50% of your trade its auto-sold).  I want leverage.  Like a 3X ETF, it can goto to $1 and I'll still hold my position and pay no interest.  Broke, yes, obviously.

Any recommendations?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladadadiweliketoparty

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:41:14 PM

Dont know about ETFs in the land of bitcorn but isnt this what the CME group was coming out to do soon? If so you could jump on that ship in the coming months. Also there is something called "GBTC" it is a bitcoin investment

fund take a look into that one too. That may be what your looking for but I cant say for certain as I never ventured and looked into it deeply.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:09:46 PM

Can anyone recommend a good exchange to buy leveraged bitcoin?  I do not mean margin trading.  I do not want want to borrow money to buy more bitcoin and have to pay interest and worry about a cut off price (eg. BTC drops to less then 50% of your trade its auto-sold).  I want leverage.  Like a 3X ETF, it can goto to $1 and I'll still hold my position and pay no interest.  Broke, yes, obviously.

Any recommendations?

I only know margin trading exchanges, but I actually had the idea that the auto-sold was the same. Won't exchanges liquidate all your assets if the trade goes wrong, with a big fall in price, like the one of 50% you mentioned? I never tried margin trading, or leverage, because I was always afraid of that, specially in cryptomarkets, where big volatility is just way to common.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:11:35 PM

(eg. BTC drops to less then 50% of your trade its auto-sold)
Imho sometimes I see different news how someone tried himself in trading, opened a position with a huge leverage and then recieved a call from this broker saying that the position is going down and the user already in a million debt.
BTC trading with leverage alsoo seem risky

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:43:16 PM

I think that you are talking about Marging trading, you can do it in any place that you want to do it, because a lot of exchanges are using it.
BitMEX is the one who most leverage is offering, you can setup a trade with more than X100 of your total funds, SimpleFX lets you do the same, only that you have a leverage of 1:500
And bitfinex is good too, but it has much more expensive fees for your succesfull trades and it will cost you some money. I think that if you earn 0.10 btc, they are going to take you 0.005 for that trade.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:16:29 PM

Any recommendations?

I do not know of anywhere that does leveraged trading without such a cut off, frankly it would be stupid for them to offer such a thing because the scenario you talked about happens very often in crypto and so the exchanges would constantly be losing money without some sort of insurance for themselves.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
mifanmuzny

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:31:29 AM

high return and high risk but go ahead and do it if you know what you are doing...
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:59:47 AM

...I do not want want to borrow money to buy more bitcoin and have to pay interest and worry about a cut off price (eg. BTC drops to less then 50% of your trade its auto-sold)...

You will not find a service that offers margin trading without margin calls. These two are mutually dependent.

Besides, it is highly unlikely that you will find a service that allows you to take up margin positions without paying interest.
Most brokers charge you for the money you lend for margin trading. In most cases the capital is put up by the broker themselves
or some entity in the background. In the BTC world there are a few other models where you are borrowing from other users
(e.g. Bitfinex and Poloniex). However, all mentioned options have in common that you pay interest for open margin positions.

kenw232 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:57:29 PM

You will not find a service that offers margin trading without margin calls. These two are mutually dependent.

Yes, I know.  Thats why I don't want margin trading.  Thats why I asked about leveraged trading.  They are different.  Cut offs would never happen.  A leveraged trade can goto 0 and no one cares except me because I lost all my money.  Thats what I was hoping might be available for Bitcoin trading from somewhere.  I think Whaleclub is leveraged actually, just high fees. 
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:48:30 PM

You will have to pay a huge fee if you want to do leveraged trading. It is called as marging trading too, you can do it easily on poloniex but it will take you a lot of fees for opening a single operation because polo is one of the most expensive exchanges that are online at the moment.
But it is easy to do it, and you can do it in other brokers that are still allowing us from depositing money in bitcoin, you can easily open a long position on bitcoin/usd for more than 1:100 and you can make a lot of profit if you open it with some funds to protect your position in case that you face a huge dump.

50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:00:33 PM

You will have to pay a huge fee if you want to do leveraged trading. It is called as marging trading too, you can do it easily on poloniex but it will take you a lot of fees for opening a single operation because polo is one of the most expensive exchanges that are online at the moment.
But it is easy to do it, and you can do it in other brokers that are still allowing us from depositing money in bitcoin, you can easily open a long position on bitcoin/usd for more than 1:100 and you can make a lot of profit if you open it with some funds to protect your position in case that you face a huge dump.

100:1 is actually a whole lot right now considering Bitcoin is $8,000 it means BTC would need to be $800,000 before you sell your shares. This seams outright unfeasible considering how much uncertainty there is right now about if we will even get to $100,000 let alone $800,000. lol

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███