Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:14:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Won BTC Cash battle?  (Read 1238 times)
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:47:14 AM

What do you think this means?

It only means that does attacking bitcoin will never make any different but face defeat and failure. I don’t think this is a battle between David and golliath, because bitcoin never been doing a move to destroyed bitcoin cash because it was already been since it was made. And I’m sure that a shitcoin(bitcoin cash) doesn’t deserve to be called a worthy opponent to the pedestal that bitcoin has been all the time.

And what actually triggered it?
The bitcoin supporters is just playing bitcoin cash for self-interest and that after being in that situation seems they understand that the only thing they can do is surrender.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:06:34 AM

There was no doubt in my mind Bitcoin would win the “war” against Bitcoin Cash as the superior chain. And you could really tell by some of tactics used by BCash they were getting desperate to try and take over - but it just couldn’t work for them.

Jus12

Activity: 21
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

990 is still high. I will consider victory when it goes below 200.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:39:55 AM

So it appears bitcoin has won against its strongest nemesis as of yet, and quite convincingly too. Bitcoin Cash going back towards under $1000 whereas bitcoin reaching new heights surpassing 8K.
What do you think this means? And what actually triggered it?

Did anyone ever have any doubt about this??

BCH is a pump and dump coin. It pumped, and it is dumping. There was no battle, just people using BCH to make more BTC.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:11:31 AM

Yeah, it was already premediated since the hard fork took place. Bitcoin Cash's only propaganda is to create a direct competitive medium for pumps and dumps for big whales in the market like Roger Ver.
The recent pump and dump scenario is the prime example of one such event. There will be many more of such events to come in the upcoming days, whenever a certain issue crops up in the Bitcoin network. What we all need to understand is the fact that nothing will surpass the good old Bitcoin.
WakeboarderHD

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:16:24 AM

So it appears bitcoin has won against its strongest nemesis as of yet, and quite convincingly too. Bitcoin Cash going back towards under $1000 whereas bitcoin reaching new heights surpassing 8K.

From my humble point of view, the last weekend saw a "flip attack" on Bitcoin. A classic "coupe d'etat" (you always start them on the weekend when the government is out drinking...): convince enough people Bcash is the real Bitcoin and Bitcoin is a "legacy coin" and you have won.

The whales behind the Bcash pump probably did not have enough Bitcoins to dump Bitcoin and pump Bcash, and it seems the Korean exchanges where the prices were pumped shut down on Sunday in a critical phase of the attack (overload? DDos?). Seems Bitcoins were then moved to Bitfinex to continue the pump and dump there, but the faith in Bcash faded as it became clear who the people behind the pump are.

Background: Bitcoin and Bcash compete for hash computation resources from the miners. So if you pull away the miners from mining Bitcoin by paying them to do so and get them to mine Bcash, Bitcoin will stop working (transaction backlog and fees explode, transactions can fall to zero per hour, blockchain freezes), causing a panic: more and more speculators will sell Bitcoins and buy BCash, so the pump feeds itself.

This is a real issue in the long run: the higher the price of Bitcoin, the bigger the incentive to start a flip attack.

Right now the miners generate around USD 15 million per day in revenues from mining, plus some transaction fees on top.

Give them e.g. USD 40M per day and Bitcoin freezes and you can push your own forked chain as the real Bitcoin...

jnsmith

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:20:05 AM

Bitcoin has a more powerful and stable base. Slightly fell in price but grew back and continues on its way to the top.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:38:27 AM

I don't really think it's a battle between two cryptocurrencies because obviously it was an open attack by those people who banded together to satisfy their greed. And I believe that it is just one of the many attacks that btc will be facing in the future. We can consider what happened as just a demonstration or practice. And now that they have proven it effective maybe they're planning for the next one as we speak. But I'm glad that btc is still prevailing and is bound to new heights. If there will really another attack then we'll just cross the bridge when we get there. Let's just make the most oit of btc for now.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:43:34 AM

It was not battle, it just like elephant and small dog. All btc copies was a shit and all new will be just shitcoins too. May be only one king
paragon07

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:46:27 AM

In my own speculation, bitcoin is the strongest altcoin for nowadays. No one can beat the there currency price. Its a huge price to exchange on market.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:03:37 PM

The battle is a very long one, it has not even been a year. Even if a year had passes, it would still be too soon to say which faction won. I say buckle up, don't get burned and enjoy the ride. Its been a very interesting couple of months. Long term, I do see bitcoin cash putting up a good fight. If bitcoin doesn't fix its problems, this will be their downfall.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:10:08 PM

I've been holding both ... my original BTC, and the equal BCH I got in august. 

BTC is near records highs, and BCH is double what it was a week or so ago ...

Kinda feels like the HODLers are the winners.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:14:32 PM

In my own speculation, bitcoin is the strongest altcoin for nowadays. No one can beat the there currency price. Its a huge price to exchange on market.

What does this even mean? "In your own speculation"? Bitcoin is an Altcoin? If Bitcoin is an Alternative coin, what is the main coin?  
No one can beat the there currency price? You mean nothing has a higher value? Correct, BCH has the 2nd highest value per coin, then DASH.

The Bitcoin cash pump was well timed. Transactions were very very expensive on the BTC chain at the time and the Segwit2x fork had been recently delayed. Whales could dump Bitcoin and buy Bitcoin cash, panicking the market!  A short term pump doesn't decide anything long term, Bitcoin won as soon as it kept the nam Bitcoin.  Bitcoin cash just won some of its holders a lot of money!
Opquar

Activity: 385

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:21:39 PM

BCH got pumped and dumped. It is clear that its rise was a consequence of this. It never really stood a chance.
Kizaki

Activity: 413

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:23:41 PM

It just mean that Bitcoin is still the top contender and is very stable to take the top spot of the digital currency. I think Bitcoin Cash is really a great challenger but bitcoin will surely beat it. Bitcoin has so much supporters and investors, bitcoin cash really has no chance to bitcoins user base so I think it will be still impossible for it to beat BTC for now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
coinmagnet1

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:24:06 PM

I don't think it's necessarily over yet. The large fees and slow transaction times are going to slowly but surely chip away at Bitcoin IMO.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:27:49 PM

Don’t compare bitcoin with other crypto currencies, bitcoin is way much better and stable currency than other digital currencies. Bitcoin cash has potential to grow but BCC never compete with bitcoin. Bitcoin will break all previous record in 2018.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

Dont compare bitcoin to bitcoin cash because they are similar they are both benefits with each other because if bitcoin goes down some we expect that bitcoincash will going increase and some people will buy again bitcoin and if the value of bitcoin will increase and the value of bitcoincash decrease people will buy again bitcoin cash so this is a good idea ican say that after 5 years this all crypto is our future money.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:31:06 PM

This is known from the very start, bitcoin cash can never compete with bitcoin. But I doubt it will be over, there will still be attempts from bitcoin cash to overthrow bitcoin or lure bitcoin miners to mine bitcoin cash instead. If ever that happens again, I hope newbies will not fall to their trap again. I hope they learned their lessons this time.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:35:08 PM

I don't think they there is even any battle in between the two we the battle is as a creation of our own imaginations that the fall in the price of bitcoin is wait led to the increase in the price of BCH which is not the case. Just as when there was a crash and we credited Jamie for it. If any alt could even have any potential of being in battle against bitcoin, it could be the canceled Seqwit2x because that the price it was trading, I imagine what it would have done if not cancelled.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: