Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wikileaks. A chance for your Bitcoin to shine.  (Read 1645 times)
Litt (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:32:31 AM

Wikileaks posted this page up on their website today to bring more awareness to their ongoing payment processor problem. They have been under the scrutiny from the payment processors for 6 months now and I think bitcoin community can step up and answer the call and show support for Wikileaks. No matter what political background you are, I'm sure most can agree that more transparency in government activity in current times is for the benefit of everyone.

Wikileaks put themselves in the firing lane to be the eyes, ears, and voice of the common people and it's important that we show them that we appreciate and need their service now more than ever through our donations. I cannot think of a better place to donate your discretionary coins and it's great way to show that in truly FREE economy, money will go where they provide the services that people demand.

http://wikileaks.org/Banking-Blockade.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smellyBobby

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:41:25 AM

Well I hope that "free marketeers" are right, and that the service that wikileaks provides will be largely funded by the bitcoin community.

I doubt this will happen. There is barely any funding going into bounties. This is what a decentralized tax should be used for.

I need a job!!!!

Justice Dragons: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16351.msg267881#msg267881

Help me buy deodorant!!! 17bmVSoD8QNBLaPDRAXkFdapBPdgA72YjB
Anonymous

June 29, 2011, 03:53:14 AM

I always give them my left-over coins.
smellyBobby

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 01:55:02 AM

bump

PEOPLES SEND UR MONIES TO WIKILEAKS.

We must enlighten the world about the bad justice dragons. They must be punished!

I need a job!!!!

Justice Dragons: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=16351.msg267881#msg267881

JA37

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:58:24 PM

I have some BTC-fractions in Swepool that will never increase since difficulty is to high for me now. I've asked them to send those to Wikileaks (or me if they don't want to send to WL). Let's hope they do that.
Doesn't matter to me if I get it or not, but I'll never get enough to justify a real payout. So WL is a good option.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
lemonginger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 03:38:37 AM

yes, as problematic as wikileaks has become (would really like a bunch of secure leaking services, preferably not just one that seems to be run by a megalomaniacal jerk (and possibly rapist) that wants their leakers to sign NDAs to ensure they have a monopoly on leaked info) they have already done a ton of good, and it is always depressing to me when I see how few bitcoins they have been donated (unless they are bringing in large btc donations on one-time use addresses)
Reikoku

Activity: 140

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 01:37:25 PM

Sent them a donation.

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
freespirit

Activity: 183

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

Julian Assange is a radical leftist.
Although I like and approve what Wikileaks did so far, I wont finance them as they are obviously doing it for the wrong reasons and who knows what they'll do in the future.
Helping him with his legal fees is another matter as his prosecution is obviously political. But then again I have no sympathy for leftists, so I'll let other leftists pay his legal fees. Smiley
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:06:57 PM

Although I like and approve what Wikileaks did so far, I wont finance them as they are obviously doing it for the wrong reasons and who knows what they'll do in the future.

Julian Assange is quite free market oriented. He has called himself a libertarian, although he is not a "heavy libertarian", for what I got from his opinions.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:08:58 PM

Huh, where did you get *that* from? He's a very strong believer in individualism, not collectivism, afaik.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
freespirit

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:12:37 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 05:33:05 PM by freespirit

Julian Assange is quite free market oriented. He has called himself a libertarian, although he is not a "heavy libertarian", for what I got from his opinions.
He says many things. Rather than listening to him research his deeds.
Leftists are liars.
Google "assange mungiki" for example. He is a typical extreme leftist.
Even those women who accuse him in his case are from a sort of leftist "get-together", what would such a libertarian as him be doing mixing with them? (as far as I remember he stayed at a place of one of them or both while in Sweden). "Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are".
freespirit

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 05:26:18 PM

Huh, where did you get *that* from? He's a very strong believer in individualism, not collectivism, afaik.
So he says. In fact it appears as he is a strong believer in collectivism when HE IS IN CHARGE.
So most likely Wikileaks is not his means of fighting FOR freedom of information or whatever, but rather just his means of standing up AGAINST an establishment HE can not control.
freespirit

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 06:50:57 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 07:05:36 PM by freespirit

Contemplate on this:
Why Assange (and other leftist so called "human rights activists" alike) go mostly after US, Israel etc. (relatively "open" and democratic entities) and make a lot of noise about rights of terrorists, cannibals etc.?
(I'm not saying no one should watch the US govt. etc. and I'm not taking sides here, but is the US govt. really the most vicious entity in the world? Does it really deserve to be the #1 concern for Wikileaks and other "rights activists"?)

I can give you some hints on their reasons:

1. It is relatively safe to go after US etc. than to go after terrorist/fundamentalist/etc. organizations. (going after the latter can easily get you killed, especially if you "work" in Middle East busy embezzling UN funds for example)
2. Middle eastern oil sheiks are probably more generous with grants than US gov. etc., so for example that explains why "activists" make a lot of noise when US or Israel screw up but keep mum when attacks on Israel happen and generally we do not hear much from those "activists" about killings and other crimes in Middle East done by locals.
3. It is also a lot easier to expose US etc. Assange could not get a secret database from Al Qaeda even if he found their own "Manning" as there are no such database. Being a relatively [much more] open structure, the US govt. documents everything, even their own screw ups. All you need to do to expose them is to get your hands on this documentation. With terrorists etc. it is MUCH more work.

The so called "human rights organizations" people of this kind create and run are nothing more than totalitarian structures. They choose an agenda or a group to "protect", no matter what it is, as long as someone is willing to pay (give them grants) for this "activism".

Beware of "human rights" activists who care most about rights of only certain group(s) (especially if it is a side in a conflict). The "activism" around Israel-Palestine conflict is a good example.

P.S.: There are of course real human rights activists still, but this leftist phenomenon of "safe activism" or worse "activism for hire"/"activism as a business" is blooming lately.
Leftists are really about getting their hands on some cash flow (the more the better) and this is one way of doing it, probably one of the most profitable.

An example on the subject: Assange used to work for some foundation in Africa protecting a group called "Mungiki". This fine journalist, while working in this capacity, expressed his concern on infinite occasions on account of these people being "oppressed by the government". Somehow though he forgot to mention even once that those nice people of "Mungiki" were practicing racketeering, cannibalism and other interesting things.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:04:44 PM

Donated my little bit. All add's up I guess. Right im outa here b4 more talk of cannibals that creaps me out a little.

smellyBobby

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 03:24:44 AM

(bump)

Julian Assange has generated a lot of interest in wikileaks.  Unfortunately his personal life has indirectly affected the cause of wikileaks. However, I think it is important to keep in perspective the events of Assange's personal life and the agenda wikileaks pursues. One's opinion of wikileaks should not be shaped by the events of Julian's personal life. However, I do think that Julian has misused the wikileaks platform to defend his personal situation. This behavior has attracted damning criticism from former Wikileaks spokesperson Daniel Domscheit-Berg. I recall Daniel comparing Julian's struggle with Bradley Manning's situation. Justifiably Daniel argues that Bradley is suffering significantly more than Julian, and the Wikileaks platform has been disproportionately used to highlight Julian's situation over Bradley's.

Nonetheless despite these inconsistencies Wikileaks provides an essential pathway for individuals to express the wrong-doings of an organization. As long as mainstream media serves vested interests, Wikileaks-like organizations are an integral part of the ongoing battle against global injustice.

Please consider contributing to the Wikileaks cause.

I need a job!!!!

TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:23:38 AM

Assange is a sellout and a puppet.  You'll never see stuff leaked to really tell you the big picture about what's going on in the world.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:29:58 AM

Assange is a sellout and a puppet.  You'll never see stuff leaked to really tell you the big picture about what's going on in the world.

Care to enlighten me? Did I miss somthing ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: