Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:23:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin segwit2x  (Read 1151 times)
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:45:24 PM

1. What would happen during these times?
2. What would happen to the value of bitcoin?
1. Nothing they are just being stupid enough to still show support for segwit2x which has failed already.
2. Nothing, bitcoin is pumping not because of this fake (without any support) fork.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:46:47 PM

this is pretty weird actually!
checking the reality and the hashrate,... everything points to the fact that SegWit2x fork is officially a no go. everyone accepted this and all the miners stopped signalling it too.

but checking this website: https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/ it seems like the btc1 (segwit2x) nodes are currently on a different chain which indicates a fork has happened!
although the height of that chain shows 494782 which is the same as fork height, in other words no additional block has been found on that chain. or in other other words there is no hashrate supporting that chain and it is only the node of said above which is rejecting bitcoin blocks (to my understanding).

There is a FOMO brewing...
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:54:00 PM

Actually almost nobody signals for benefit of segwit2x. 3 hours ago the amount of capacities of hash-rate signaling for segwit2x made 7%-8%. I think even if they will begin to mine segwit2x blocks, they will have very small chain with low capacity of hash-rate
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 04:28:03 PM

Is this serious? I thought the fork was cancelled.
Could you post a screenshot of the message telling that transactions are disabled?

He or she is being serious.  I myself personally logged into coinbase about 4 hours ago from when i am posting this post.  I got the same message saying there would be a stop on buying and selling for a bit. A screen shot is not needed in my opinion but if you have a coinbase account rest assured they sent out email about 12 hours ago for your convenience..

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
creatine413

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:31:49 PM

I logged on coinbase as well. I received the same message and I got their instructions on my e-mail. What could be the effect of this to bitcoin?
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:34:26 PM

checking the reality and the hashrate,... everything points to the fact that SegWit2x fork is officially a no go. everyone accepted this and all the miners stopped signalling it too.

but checking this website: https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/ it seems like the btc1 (segwit2x) nodes are currently on a different chain which indicates a fork has happened!
although the height of that chain shows 494782 which is the same as fork height, in other words no additional block has been found on that chain. or in other other words there is no hashrate supporting that chain and it is only the node of said above which is rejecting bitcoin blocks (to my understanding).

No2X supporters froze the nodes before the scheduled 484784 maybe? Preventing a real hard fork that would threaten BTC?

chopchopfruit

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:38:02 PM

they were still doing the fork, but it failed with 1 block to go.
Giebaymax

Activity: 549
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:44:00 PM

what to fear because everything has been canceled, and finally we won, I regret not being able to get free coin ... Grin
HF does not happen and all will continue quietly..
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:52:31 PM

Hahaha the only rogue developer messed up, that's why all nodes frozen at 494782.
And he just rolled out a new patch with no peer-reviews. Well played!
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:02:25 PM

Hi guys, as I logged in my Coinbase account, transactions has temporarily been disabled since the Segwit2x is expected to occur in the next 6 hours. I am really clueless regarding these terms.

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

I think they released a email addressing this. Essentially, while its called off there is still the remote possibility that a small group of miner will attempt to activate segwit anyway. just in case this activity affects the main chain in a real way, the exchange is freezing transactions at the time of the "fork". coinbase (well gdax) has stated they will release the forked coins if and only if the network proves viable (it wont). and that if they do make a market for it, it will be later in the life of the coin.

tldr: nothing is about to happen, LOL.

no idea about the price of bitcoin, however. I see we are still being fools with the price.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/Excellion/status/931527483064594432

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:10:09 PM

Hi guys, as I logged in my Coinbase account, transactions has temporarily been disabled since the Segwit2x is expected to occur in the next 6 hours. I am really clueless regarding these terms.

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Actually '17 Nov' was declared as the date for the fork Segwit2x. And all the exchangers and trading website was programmed to stop all kind of btc transaction for that day. The fork has been called off but some of the website have still their pre-programme running . So don't worry nothing is going to happen. 

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Segwit2x was cancelled weeks ago and a lot of companies were very supportive regarding this but failed to attain their intention

Segwit2x is canceled but there might be some miners that may continue the fork despite of some that withdraw their support.

You can read other informations to Coinbase's post here https://blog.coinbase.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-update-b69a1c1e5ece

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:26:41 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Segwit2x was cancelled weeks ago and a lot of companies were very supportive regarding this but failed to attain their intention

Segwit2x is canceled but there might be some miners that may continue the fork despite of some that withdraw their support.

You can read other informations to Coinbase's post here https://blog.coinbase.com/bitcoin-segwit2x-update-b69a1c1e5ece

You are correct, and the rogue developer just rolled out a patch, so if the patch is working and enough BTC1 nodes apply the update. Then we may witness a useless fork being revived. Grin
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:34:26 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

if the segwit2x has been occured.

1. you will get a free segwit2x coin.
2. the value of bitcoin will be back to normal ($6000+) its just pump to 7k+ because of the hard fork.

cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:50:13 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

Yes just wait and follow the instructions. But I think that the segwit2x is fake and the chain will be dead. I think that coinbase has stopped the withdrawals to be safe.

Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:52:02 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

They did not answer my questions by email. Coinbase has always victimized customers as it did, the last time I use it will be Coinbase wallet.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:12:05 PM

Thanks in advanced.
Regards,

This might have happened due to some predefined program that was prepared to face Segwit2x on the respected time. But one need not to worry as Segwit2x has been called off and there is no fear upon Bitcoin for the while. The value of Bitcoin is strong than ever before and no changes are going to happen. But during this time one can expect high transaction fees particularly due to increase in demand.
bitcoin2m

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:22:40 AM

Looks like they are making Segwit 2x happen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bitcoin2m

this is all a market manipulation by some whale who has made the mistake of buying the BTC2 (the future fake token for SegWit2x coin) on bitfinex when the price was high thinking he is going to get rich Cheesy

and when they dropped the bomb on his head about canceling the fork he got dumbstruck and started this nonsense.
if you check the blocks https://coin.dance/blocks you can see nobody is supporting SegWit2x anymore...
Independent Day of Bitcoin 2M+Segwit

Today, Nov 16th 2017 is the day of Bitcoin 2X Independent Day. it is  hard  time for b2x investors .no any warning. All the NYA signers betrayed all the B2X investors . B2x investors lost 90% fortune in mins.

Now new B2X team build up. ASIC MINER is not trust-able .in order to protect the 2M+SW dream, to protect the b2x investors.

We will:
1, change mining algo to gpu mining
2, 2M+SW
3, add two way replay attack protection
4, no pre-mine
5,fork height: 494784.

www.bitcoin2m.org
Twitter: @bitcoin2m
Github: https://github.com/bitcoin2m/bitcoin2x

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2377598.0
bitcoin.cash

Activity: 187