Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell BTG ?  (Read 1025 times)
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:07:30 PM

Hello ,
        One more question - I have my btc on ledger nano s and today they released app to claim BTG ( bitcoin gold) , so is it good to claim it and sell it ASAP or do you see any value holding BTG ? Or should I sell and convert buy btc with that money ? Please advise .
Yes, you should sell your BTG to BTC. Then you buy More BTG repeat and repeat again. No worth to hold BTG, just to make money dump and pump. The best coin to invest is BTC. Not BTG and BCH, they are fuck developers and team.
suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:09:09 PM

Sell it as soon as you get it, trust me.

There's absolutely no fundamentals or anything that would justify the price of this coin. They premined this, earned themselves millions of dollars and you are going to end bagholding worthless token.

What do you think the price of something everyone got for free is going to be? It might have worked for first fork, but when you have 3 forks happening within 30 days, you know something is wrong. I don't see this trading over $50 in few months.

Just my opinion, others might disagree.
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:10:05 PM

you better dump it as soon as you can
it wont be that popular.. not from the beginning its for sure

ciprimw

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:13:05 PM

if you buy it then sell it when your in profit, if you got it for free don't be greedy
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:14:17 PM

Sell it as soon as you get it, trust me.

This is what I heared many times when Bitcoin Cash was supposed to be distrubited. But those who didn't sell them and were patient sold their coins at 2000 dollar.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:50:10 PM

Hello ,
        One more question - I have my btc on ledger nano s and today they released app to claim BTG ( bitcoin gold) , so is it good to claim it and sell it ASAP or do you see any value holding BTG ? Or should I sell and convert buy btc with that money ? Please advise .

Hodle it if it's free, don't sell it yet, who knows that it might be pumped just like BCH.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
warrenbuffet786a (OP)

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:06:15 PM

Thank you everyone for ur inputs . I was not able to sell today as the Ledger's new app didn't work as expected . So I will hold for now until the app starts working again  Smiley
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:10:40 PM

Hello ,

The same two principles that also applied during the time of Bitcoin Cash distribution. You can sell it and buy Bitcoins instead. Probably there will be a dump after receiving them because it is free money. People are receiving the coins without any effort at all. There might be some other much worthy coins. On the other hand, since they are totally free, why not gamble with it and hodl it for some 6 months or so. If it goes down rock bottom then no worries, it was a give-away. If it rises then much better.
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:13:51 PM

Hello ,
BTG is not very good to keep, my suggestion is better you sell it now, then buy BTC to invest in long term.
Peter789

Activity: 110

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:22:56 PM

On Twitter.
One of the btg developers got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Update Nano s app and excange for btc
warrenbuffet786a (OP)

Activity: 185

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:29:28 PM

I agree and moreover 2018 will a very good year to crypto , so all alts (btg) will also hopefully go up in price .I will then sell it.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:33:17 PM

Personally I sold and reinvested in to bitcoin but some people have faith in bitcoin gold or prefer to hold it as they have the attitude that 'it was free so there's nothing lost if it goes to zero and it might one day go up a lot in value'. It's a decision you have to make for yourself, but as I said, personally I felt bitcoin was a better place to have my funds.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:02:44 AM

prioritizing Bitcoin. I also have Bitcoin Gold but I have plans to trade Bitcoin Gold. I do not expect big to Bitcoin Gold.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:07:06 AM

There is a coin called BitcoinZ that has already been doing for a year what BTG claims will be useful. But it isn't. Not to mention their premine shenanigans.

It's a fork of Zcash with no utility.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 12:10:42 AM

With all the FUD and negativity (and rightly so) surrounding this BTG launch, my personal recommendation would be Yes, sell your BTG before it's value goes down even further.
I really can't wrap my head around how with all the controversy and unprofessionalism of the BTG team this project will survive much longer.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
DuaLipa

Activity: 198

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:11:37 AM

With all the FUD and negativity (and rightly so) surrounding this BTG launch, my personal recommendation would be Yes, sell your BTG before it's value goes down even further.
I really can't wrap my head around how with all the controversy and unprofessionalism of the BTG team this project will survive much longer.

Maybe we can try to get more benefits like happened in BCH. If BTG makes a jump like BCH, you would be upset for your cheap sellings. That's why I prefer to hold them as of now.

BTG has the potential.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:19:46 AM

I already sell it long time ago, but recently the price is quite okay, but I wont be too hoping that it will become expensive coin, I think you better sell it while the price is still okay and focus to other coin, I don't see any potential in this coin and slowly people will forget about this coin
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:27:38 AM

Maybe we can try to get more benefits like happened in BCH. If BTG makes a jump like BCH, you would be upset for your cheap sellings. That's why I prefer to hold them as of now.

BTG has the potential.
if holding BTG has a doubt and you really wanted to sell it then change it in BTC then why not because we know the beneficial that we can get on BTC but if you really wanted to have at least some profit in BTG just wait until it makes some pump just like BCH.
blazsqd

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:02:28 AM

I own more prioritize the BTC, then my suggestion please sell BTG then bought a BTC
the future BTC brighter, while BTG does anyone know how the future
xtremesocrates

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:43:31 AM

Astonishing volume of pure noise here.

Here are my 0.02:

1. The idea of a more decentralized hash power coin is good, so I would like to see the project succeed

2. The dev team is better than BCH team, but not nearly as good as Core

3. There has been both FUD and accurate negative news. Team has not done great job of comms strategy, but they are over worked and undermanned. 

4. Powerful forces at work are trying to shut down this project. Mining pools have been attacked, BTG web site has been DDOS, fake wallets have been inserted. These are all external to the team and alarming efforts to try to kill BTG.

To answer OP specific question: my view is HOLD for at least a month. Like BCH everyone is going to dump so unless you are the first out the door the price will likely be depressed by momentum by the time you get your coins traded anyways. If you hold, and BTG's vision plays out over the next 2 months -- i.e. market assigns value to an ASIC-resistant fork -- it will be a significant altcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: