Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:01:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN][PoW] Hexagon - Crypto-currency built ground up from the community  (Read 7313 times)
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:54:12 AM

Looks interesting. It would've been nice if it was a new algo or CPU friendly though, but that's just too hard I guess.
cryptojai

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:54:02 AM

My suggestion - if you want a successful coin, do a fair launch with no pre-mine.

I would suggest to have 1-2% to pay to get listed on exchanges . Community contribution does take time which is not good for the coin .
Pitchie

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:43:38 PM

Guys! C'mon, let's vote for algo!

http://www.strawpoll.me/14428375

$XSCP(XyMcLREar5HupAEFjzqfxGvk7FKQN8yirP)
Doum (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:07:06 PM

My suggestion - if you want a successful coin, do a fair launch with no pre-mine.

I would suggest to have 1-2% to pay to get listed on exchanges . Community contribution does take time which is not good for the coin .

The premine will be decided by the community, but there will be a minimum pre-mine of 1% to pay for exchange fees.

Looks interesting. It would've been nice if it was a new algo or CPU friendly though, but that's just too hard I guess.

Vote for a CPU friendly algo then! Smiley

nvidiafx2004

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:11:01 PM

Like this project, just vote Equihash  as ALGORITHM.
Thanks
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:11:12 PM

The premine will be decided by the community, but there will be a minimum pre-mine of 1% to pay for exchange fees.

So we do have that option? where can I vote? Problem is I'm not sure what algo could be used for that since most of the ASIC resistant ones are for GPUs.
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:16:19 PM

I think Equihash is a good algo for PoW. But I believe PoW shouldn't be the only way to continue the chain, PoS should be looked at as well and the natural next step of masternodes. Enables more features and gives alot more intrinsic value to the chain. Not to mention the built in safeguards of hybrid work chains.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
aimlor

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:19:45 PM

as long there are no ico..
i in..  Grin Grin Grin Grin
danieljefrry

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:26:19 PM

This gonna be huge Smiley vote for X11, X11
danieljefrry

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:28:37 PM

as long there are no ico..
i in..  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Join discord, if you in I'm in sifu  Roll Eyes
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:28:38 PM

So we do have that option? where can I vote? Problem is I'm not sure what algo could be used for that since most of the ASIC resistant ones are for GPUs.

Crytonight is probably the most CPU friendly algo, the difference between CPU and GPU hash is not huge. It would be really cool if a new algo was developed that is CPU Only to bring back the good old days of fair mining. Problem now is Nicehash, we need a Nicehash resistant algo.
aimlor

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:53:50 PM

can i get the invite link for slack or discord please..  Wink

make a POW,POS and MASTERNODE coin please..  Wink Wink Wink Wink
Doum (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

can i get the invite link for slack or discord please..  Wink

It's on the main page, just click the picture of discord channel.
aimlor

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:10:36 PM

can i get the invite link for slack or discord please..  Wink

It's on the main page, just click the picture of discord channel.

thanks.. already in Smiley
catmilk

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:22:36 PM

Is this project only the idea, dev? Do you have the team of developers? Ill wait and follow your idea... Good luck for you.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 07:21:00 PM

What makes this project special?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
sibirskiiuvalen

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

please, dont equihash!) no ethash!) cryptonight or xevan will be good))
bricktop8

Activity: 196

StasyQ

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:41:17 PM

It is obvious that for a miner and/or investor a coin with no premine it's the best.

On the other side the dev/devs wants to get something for their work, hardware, maintenance, etc.

So in my opinion the fair way to keep the investors and devs happy is to make a coin with % (1%-5%) from block reward that goes to dev or coin maintenance.
This way the investors are not afraid the the dev will dump the premine and also the dev will not get all the rewards form day 1, he'll have to work and get the rewards block by block.

1%-2% premine it's also acceptable for a coin without masternods or early POS because that 1%-2% could turn in 10%+ because or masternods/POS early rewards.

Good luck with your project!

███    TWITTER   ███████████████████ StasyQ ███████████████████████  WHITEPAPER    ███
███       ANN        ███  THE CRYPTO REVOLUTION IN THE ADULT INDUSTRY ███    ONE PAGER    ███
███  TELEGRAM  ██████████████████ WEBSITE  ██████████████████████   FACEBOOK      ███
Doum (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:06:40 PM

Is this project only the idea, dev? Do you have the team of developers? Ill wait and follow your idea... Good luck for you.

The project is the coming together of ideas and the development of them using all the communities resources to make the best product possible.
Thanks for the support!

What makes this project special?

It's completely built by and for the community! Everyone has to power to make the changes they wish! As long as there is an over 50% consensus!

please, dont equihash!) no ethash!) cryptonight or xevan will be good))

It's what the majority wants, get people to vote for CryptoNight if you'd like a more CPU focused coin. Smiley

It is obvious that for a miner and/or investor a coin with no premine it's the best.

On the other side the dev/devs wants to get something for their work, hardware, maintenance, etc.

So in my opinion the fair way to keep the investors and devs happy is to make a coin with % (1%-5%) from block reward that goes to dev or coin maintenance.
This way the investors are not afraid the the dev will dump the premine and also the dev will not get all the rewards form day 1, he'll have to work and get the rewards block by block.

1%-2% premine it's also acceptable for a coin without masternods or early POS because that 1%-2% could turn in 10%+ because or masternods/POS early rewards.

Good luck with your project!

We're looking at a 1-2% pre-mine right now, the project is PoW at the moment, and will stay that way for the foreseeable future. Mostly to promote a pure decentralized cashless environment. Smiley
Mellor46

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:51:42 AM

I will follow you! Good luck! Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: