Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM in Taiwan  (Read 344 times)
junoreactor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:06:12 PM

Hi folks,
Stumbled totally randomly today on this in Tainan City (south-west of Taiwan):

Found out later that this is the only ATM in Tainan, what a lucky find!
And there are for now a total of 5 in Taiwan.

Anyway, made my day and thought I should share here  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:16:56 PM

Wow Good news thats really real.
But wait...I see it as no different with a safely ATM in General. i mean just like that  Huh I see it as a box that is locked with a padlock

WUWARAOLUOXIANG

Activity: 302
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:18:12 PM

It is very helpful! I think bitcoin would rise in few years, What I mean by rise is to tha moon!
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:21:07 PM

Wow nice piece of information you got there that's huge relief for those bitcoin users and investors out there in Taiwan in be great if a lot of countries have those kinds of ATM's exclusive and if not exclusive can exchange bitcoin that would have an less hassle and cost-cutting efficiency for us because imagine we could withdraw comfortably our kind through that an innovation that supports the establishments of bitcoin.
junoreactor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:23:27 PM

Wow Good news thats really real.
But wait...I see it as no different with a safely ATM in General. i mean just like that  Huh I see it as a box that is locked with a padlock
I will be honest with you, this is the first in my life I see one, but you can scan your wallet and there is surveillance camera that you can see on the top.

It is this one > https://coinatmradar.com/bitcoin_atm/2599/bitcoin-atm-lamassu-tainan-city-btctw-tainan-shop/
ColdShoulder

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:27:05 PM

Wonderful, Taiwan needs more of those ATM's... I hope people are using them though, it not just an ornament.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:28:21 PM

It is true that there is an Bitcoin ATM now in different countries in Asia and that is so good for the Bitcoin community as it will help to strive the price to go up for some exposure to other people that is not yet involve in the crazy ride of Bitcoin.

I hope that Bitcoin ATM machine is not so big in fees when changing your Fiat money because here in our country they are implementing a 5% huge fee(for me it is huge) in each single transaction, I think the business man that put that machine are taking advantage to the trend of Bitcoin.
johnleo

Activity: 1414

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:35:01 PM

good job Taiwan, more tourist will come there, I wish there is something like this in my country or I will visit Taiwan someday.  Smiley
bs9

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:39:23 PM

Hi folks,

woow thats good news for all tainan people. One day bitcoin will be most famous and payments system in the world.We are waiting this moment already some country bitcoin legal and aslo use bitcoin atm machine .
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:51:22 PM

What a great thing! I just hope my country will have the same thing soon. It would be nice if all country who has bitcoin can have this atm machine so that no more transaction fee will be incurred when converting our money and it would be more fast and convenient to transact using this machine.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:01:09 PM

That's some great news! Bitcoin ATMs will be more available in cities around the globe.
kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:06:28 PM

This is really a prominent signal, although Taiwan is not large, but also a developed area, recently heard Hongkong, Taiwan, Holland, these places have bitcoin ATM, hope that the next place is the United States, and the next place is europe.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:07:31 PM

I wonder how this thing will work, does it mean we will be issued ATM Cards but how about the conversion into our country's currencies? I think is still more like connecting out online wallet into a machine but anyway this is good thing it will help spread popularity of bitcoin and also maybe bitcoin will soon become a legal tender of the world.
Sophiea

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:18:00 PM

This is awesome, I wish also in our country it will have a bitcoin ATM so that anywhere you can withdraw anytime you want and also in case of emergency.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

Hi folks,

Great news! Thank you very much for sharing. This information is a big help for those who use bitcoin in the country. Surely not just the common users but also those real investors would be happy to know this for it will give them less hassle in terms of withdrawing their money. Taiwanese users could gain more comfort in terms of transacting wherever there is Bitcoin ATM in their place. I hope this could be also possible soon to our country and even to other nations.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:31:52 PM

great news. bitcoin atm system is very excellent and interesting.  using atm card we use bitcoin  everywhere and there. if banking system open this phenomenon then it is very highly useful worthy project.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:37:25 PM

That's really a great news that Bitcoin ATMs are spreading in many corners of the world but I am more impressed with such kind of news headlines,

* Taiwanese Company Brings Bitcoin to 10,000 Convenience Stores.

If such ATMs are used for buying Bitcoins then there is no issue but if we are using it to cash out bitcoins to make the purchases using fiat currency then it doesn't make any sense, to be honest. However, we should appreciate such efforts.
hype

Activity: 121

Share's you're Blessings !!!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:46:00 PM

This is awesome, I wish also in our country it will have a bitcoin ATM so that anywhere you can withdraw anytime you want and also in case of emergency.

here in philippines have one bitcoin atm in makati city, we also wish to have a bitcoin atm throughout
the philippines and hopefully around the world.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:46:40 PM

Can users also buy bitcoins from those ATM? On my vacation in Vancouver I happen to see 3 of those within a small area and tried to withdraw a few dollars. Everything was fast and easy though you somewhat pay a premium since they charge a fee of 3% per transaction. Bitcoin ATMs are one way of making the public curious and aware that such a thing exists. Good move, Taiwan! Hopefully other countries soon follow suit since it helps people to be curious and research more about it.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:55:11 PM

If this is happening in Taiwan, then its only a matter of time before this spread to the innermost part of the world and gradually the spread is really happening. It might take time, but sooner or later, we will get there, to the point where government and its agencies will have to start negotiating to feature with bitcoin and blockchain rather than the power they have now to either ban and unban or regulate. Either way, I am happy about this as it gives more solid base for bitcoin and what a lot of people around the world believed in.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: