Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 10:27:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC with MoneyGram?  (Read 520 times)
panzerwaffle (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:42:43 PM

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if it would be a bad choice to buy BTC via moneygram from another person?  I do not see any problems as long as the person is "trusted."  I was just asking for saftey, plus i would like to be able to actually do something on this forum other than post in the newb section.
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:47:26 PM

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if it would be a bad choice to buy BTC via moneygram from another person?  I do not see any problems as long as the person is "trusted."  I was just asking for saftey, plus i would like to be able to actually do something on this forum other than post in the newb section.
If you go to Bitinstant, you can do the same.  You are gambling with your money if you send it through MG and cannot get it back.  I would look over the history of this person.
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:55:28 PM

I have heard a few complaints of scams accuring with moneygram. Use them with caution.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
arc45

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

I tried moneygram via bitinstant and had a horrible experience.  It just so happened to be administered by zip zap and the process was painful and complicated.  I then tried sending a post office money order to CampBx and it went through in a week or so.  CampBx is great for USD => BTC.

If you are exchanging with someone, just do it in person if at all possible.
Jack13

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:13:32 AM

I tried moneygram via bitinstant and had a horrible experience.  It just so happened to be administered by zip zap and the process was painful and complicated.  I then tried sending a post office money order to CampBx and it went through in a week or so.  CampBx is great for USD => BTC.

I used BitInstant today and went through ZipZap as well.  At first I kept getting an error when I tried to submit as a one time thing but then I registered and it went right through. The email confirmation took about 20 minutes to come through but after that it was super fast. I paid the cashier at CVS and within a couple minutes got the Bitinstant transaction receipt. I'd say that's pretty instant!

I did not think it overly complex but I don't know where you were paying for it. At CVS you just pick up the red phone and its all automated, you punch in the numbers on the keypad, and all the information you need is on the email they sent to you along with the instructions on how to do it.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:23:52 AM

yea ive sent MG to bitinstant before for btc was quick and easy
galtbit

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:34:16 AM

I used BitInstant today and went through ZipZap as well.  At first I kept getting an error when I tried to submit as a one time thing but then I registered and it went right through. The email confirmation took about 20 minutes to come through but after that it was super fast. I paid the cashier at CVS and within a couple minutes got the Bitinstant transaction receipt. I'd say that's pretty instant!

I did not think it overly complex but I don't know where you were paying for it. At CVS you just pick up the red phone and its all automated, you punch in the numbers on the keypad, and all the information you need is on the email they sent to you along with the instructions on how to do it.

I give Bitinstant a big thumbs up for quick access to Btcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: