Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:08:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel ICOs try to raise too much?  (Read 1719 times)
elite2291

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:11:47 PM

For me it honestly depends on the project and what they're trying to do. If you're looking for a low market cap, look into the bee token. Their crowdsale is 1/31. Their overall hard cap is $15m (crowdsale $5m). The idea itself is pretty cool too. Blockchain-powered Airbnb. https://www.thebeetoken.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:50:20 AM

ICOs have bigger and bigger caps, that means more and more people are coming into crypto world

Maybe. Or maybe not.
Maybe some whales are became bigger so they're ready to put into ICOs more money, then attract a herd of newbies and make money on them telling "look, the cap is so high but we reached it, that ICO will be 100% successful and all the clever boys invest in it". Then selling their coins/tokens and having a profit.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
batmanbabushka

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

I do think that they aim high, but I cannot blame them. It is human nature, the issue that comes with that is more pressure to achieve more. Investors don't seem to understand that most of the ICO's only have a concept and not the product and so when the ICO is finished, they assume that everything is up and running from day one.
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:34:56 PM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?

I don't think so. I think it is just fair for their part to raise the amount that they intend or plan to do. Come to think of it, if it benefits our fellow cryptocurrency holders then I have nothing against it. Especially, to those people who makes a living because of campaigns and ICOs.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:43:33 PM

A lot of people invested in the ICOs projects due to it is one of best way for investment in digital coins,  I don't think the ICOs try to raise too much due to the growth of ICOs funds is something normal, today is era of investment in the ICOs and it will be more bigger in the future, like or dislike the investment into the ICOs can not be stoped it is new innovations in investment and i think it will replace traditional investment like IPO on stocks markets.
MikeBaloon

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:47:04 PM

Wait until telegram will gome with 3-5 bl
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:19:20 PM

Well it goes without saying, it is an investment after all and money is it's life blood.
I would have to agree, they are raising too much. But maybe it's for the good of the
majority to achieve or attain such a goal with ICOs. It can be somewhat considered a
indication of success, a safety net even to fund, extend and propel it's purpose. The
popularity and rise of cryptocurrency might have played a role which contributed to
it's higher funds and demands. Perhaps more is better than less.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:23:58 PM

This is a good point of view...yes ther is a lots of ico's raised more than the project and the devlopment need

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
luckylauncher

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:25:31 PM

Every ICO has different concept, so i cant tell that ICO want to try raise much money. I feel curious with ICO that give High Cap but the close date not long than 3 months.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:36:35 PM

In fact, there is nothing wrong with this, they are waiting for what they can get. Creating an application or trading platform may not be so expensive, but they must cover their advertising and have a stock.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:40:18 PM

This move is a great move by any ico, and i find it really amazing they need to give back to their participants what the participants deserve so for me this is a good move
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:40:51 PM

A lot of people invested in the ICOs projects due to it is one of best way for investment in digital coins,  I don't think the ICOs try to raise too much due to the growth of ICOs funds is something normal, today is era of investment in the ICOs and it will be more bigger in the future, like or dislike the investment into the ICOs can not be stoped it is new innovations in investment and i think it will replace traditional investment like IPO on stocks markets.
Earning or profiting possibilities is always there this is why ICO investment is booming up but if you tried up to read up on whats op is asking on then he pertained about on raising too much funds which is more than on the amount that they do need to let that project be built up.I don't know whats their basis on having those high caps but its none of our business since they are the ones who do make crowdfunding and as an investors its your choice if you do want to jumped in or not.

Every ICO has different concept, so i cant tell that ICO want to try raise much money. I feel curious with ICO that give High Cap but the close date not long than 3 months.
Higher cap doesn't really necessary to last long compared into others because there are some crowdfunds that do easily reach out high caps on a short period of time.It does depend on how people would tend or decide to invest on.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MattCrypto43

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:16:38 AM

Yes most of the ICOs raised way too much money than required. Recently some social networks ICOs raised around 6million. Which shouldn't even cost up that amount.
dante golo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:23:02 AM

I think if there are ico who want to collect too many Funds will definitely run long So create a separate concern for someone if you want to participate Because if the ico does not reach the automatic softcap the token will not be distributed And the participants did not get any after finishing it.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
shine035

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

i believe that ICO is the future in 2018-2019 . everyday is getting bigger and bigger the dev teams in the worls and we have so much money when join bounty of them
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:40:14 AM

Absolutely.  The amounts that are being raised now make no sense whatsoever, especially when you take into account the fact that most of them are just regurgitating the same ideas and using open-source code from previous projects.
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:44:16 AM

ICO sometimes  come up with huge target that that you wonder what they need such huge amount for.  I think when huge money is involve in a project that is suppose to be decentralized with no regulations or any form of accountability  fraud  and  inefficiency is inevitable.

Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:46:20 AM

of course they are expecting too much..

look at the ICOs nowadays.. minmum hard cap is 6 million

do we really need 6 million dollar to create an app or trading site which they advertise on their white paper?
I think its depends to the project if this is good to rise or not. High than 6m needed for that.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:49:01 AM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?

Very well said sir. In the past, projects didn't use to ask that much money to raise. They used to limit themselves within a logical amount. Then they saw the hype around the projects. And they started to try raising whatever they can. Maybe the cost would be $1M for that idea, but they collect $10M for it interestingly.

So if so, i think the project in the past has the developer who not greedy to raise too much money.
But i dont even understand why they need so much money to develop their project sometime more than 50M.
testminer42

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:50:25 AM

The amount of money ICO may be asking for may seem to big but when you look at the scope of the idea be presented and the market they are trying to reach, such raised amount might look insignificant in the long run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: