Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:17:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you feel ICOs try to raise too much?  (Read 1719 times)
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:43:09 AM

Yes, I agree there are many ICO's who are raising funds much more than required. We will be shocked if we knew the original projections than actual. I still feel , there may be few ICO who are genuine and have a long term plan whereas there are some ICo who just everything on the whitepaper and do not know where to proceed. So even when i look at the iCO i always see their roadmap to understand their vision and accomplishments to be done in the future.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:32:08 AM

Projects are trying to raise more money, because the price of the crypto currency is too unstable and at the time of the end of the ICO the exchange rate may drop significantly, which will lead to a shortage of funds for the project.
win z
Copper Member

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Nucleus.Vision

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 10:34:40 AM

ICO's are milking it coz the markets are currently allowing them to. With time and transparency, things will normalize on the fund-raising aspect. My hypothesis is that we'll see multiple-phases of ICO's happening, similar to how we see Seed/Series-A/Series-B fundraises in the VC world.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:23:45 PM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?
Not all of them. Most of them do try to raise too much and that is one of the things I get to look at anyway before trying to invest in a project. There is just some amount of cash that is too much and then you wonder what the point is for raising such a huge amount of money for a project that can even kick start without much. Well, I will consider it greed and most of these projects end up not doing well eventually.

I usually always avoid ICOs that are uncapped or have very high caps.  I just feel it is much harder to see profits.  Many of these projects with high caps usually drop below the ICO price when it first hits the exchanges, especially if they also offer bounty campaigns.  This just messes up things for investors.  
Any high cap ICOs usually have a lot of difficulty in growing fast and always difficult for the investors to get so much from the coin at the end. As long as a project is viable and it has a good product that can easily fly, with a very low cap, they can do better, but most of these devs are just looking for quick ways to raise a lot of money for something that do not even need too much out of greed.
JLCoin

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:30:45 PM

of course they are expecting too much..

look at the ICOs nowadays.. minmum hard cap is 6 million

do we really need 6 million dollar to create an app or trading site which they advertise on their white paper?
they want to cover the cost of their ad campaign , i think.

A decent ad campaign can cost around $250 000, I think.
trk

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:00:29 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 02:07:19 PM by trk

Sometimes they ask a lot too much than they actually need without even any beta or alpha version yet
They try to convince investors with simply just an idea, without sufficient knowledge ora even team to achieve it

Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:03:56 PM

I feel all ICOs just try to do one thing — let people making the bigger investments. I would believe those projects that really do not promise too much and their ideas sound very realistic and bringing something new to all.
priyankg3

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:09:01 PM

they want to cover the cost of their ad campaign , marketing etc.. i think so
Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:38:33 PM

Yeah thats a bit no no sign for me. A lot of these ICO's doesn't even require that much capital (and often not even a new coin..) unless they plan to get rich on the ico and not the product....

TenX got +80mil USD for ICO, totalt 538 mil USD 1 month after ICO finished. Seriously, a company making zero profits, run by a doctor.
viber1234

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

Even though some ICOs have managed to get a lot of money, how many made a feasibility study as to how much they want to implement their project? Will they implement it at all? thats the main question for me. Advertising in the Crypto community has risen a lot. Finally, a lot of people are entering crypto and they want to get tokens as cheap as possible and ICOs is one way to do it.
fateh1313

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:49:00 PM

Yes ico raise them but that is natural every body says him self best we should study it before investing

Stockus Trading Platform — Join the future of Financial Markets
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰INVEST▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 
  ◆ Twitter Facebook •  Pre-ICO starts on 6.11.2017 • TelegramMedium  ◆[/center
Patadong

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:26:29 AM

Yes, ICOs raise too much it isn't even logical anymore, with time and transparency, things will normalize on the fund raising aspect.
but we need to be careful about how to choose good ICO project.

patykuprova

Activity: 364

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 05:30:35 AM

I can see there are more and more ico recently, so much that we can not choose what ico is worth to invest, also many of them are scams, so we should be careful and do research carefully before invest in that ico.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:31:26 AM

Yes, ICOs raise too much it isn't even logical anymore, with time and transparency, things will normalize on the fund raising aspect.
but we need to be careful about how to choose good ICO project.

Agree. Fund raising mostly need to get money as much as possible for their project and also for the success of the the project for their future plans and other needs to done but the other are just raising their hard cap and soft cap which is difficult to achieve . We need to be careful  in investing in ICOs now
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:32:12 AM

Yes I do. And most of the time you Dont get any audit to read about what was actually raised and spent. The fact that there is no verifiable record except what see on the print, to show how the money was used is depressing to say the least.

Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:37:03 AM

Hey, I'm interested in everyone's opinions on this. I find so often when looking for ICOs I come across something that sounds like a good idea but then am instantly put off when they all seem to trying to raise 10s of millions for something I would deem could be perfectly possible with only a couple of million or even less.

Do you feel that ICOs tend to try and raise too much? If yes, do you think this is out of greed for their own personal gain or simply because they over estimate the worth of their idea?

Do you feel there is anything we can do as a community to bring expectations back to reality? Other than waiting for ICOs to continually under perform and then eventually expectations adjust?
we can manifest or help in a stable state by not following or choosing an ugly ICO, maybe that's the way I know it

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:16:09 AM

Yes I feel that too that they raised too much.

There are some ICO that have a good planning they really need big money for the project like they need to buy machinery etc. However during the token sale the ICO failed.

The investors are more likely to support those ICOs that wanted to raised too much fund than needed to make the project.
join2

Activity: 537
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:09:55 PM

surely they are expecting stout sales from ico and have set maximun sales target and they alao limit it.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:51:41 AM

The most ICO has been able to collect milions more then expected into some projects, i do see those as an abusive investment and there is only one big interest wich is once possible make a decent profit, or use their big capital to pump the coin, even if hasnt nothing ready from their plans. ICO were in the past a easy way to scam, but now people are taking a bit more serious those, and all expecting to get rich with them, must remember not all ICO will reach sucess, and your investment is always at risk, since the most of these projects might fail before get live.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 10:04:53 AM

Nothing wrong with that actually, they expecting the best they can get. Making an app or a trading platform maybe not cost that much but they need to cover their ads and else i guess
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: