Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you choose your altcoins?  (Read 834 times)
tomvildc (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:35:01 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 05:19:21 AM by tomvildc

Why do you decide to hold your altcoins? Because of your researching about that coin or just because people on this forum said it's potential?
Another reasons?
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:46:25 AM

Why do you decide to hold your altcoins? Because of your researching about that coin or just because people on this forum said it's potential?
Another reasons?
I try to hold my altcoin because i believe that the developers will be delivered its promise. I try to hold it caused by myself and there is no intervention from another person in my personal thought about that,
But i just hold the promising investment.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:56:30 AM

I did not choose altcoin but the more investment you risk the more risk of gaining high profit. Altcoins are just like bitcoins on its early stage the difference is that today bitcoin is their mother or the alpha. Altcoins has the probability of doing the same as bitcoin. Early investors of bitcoins gain so much profit for riskibg their money to it. This goes the same in risking my money to altcoins.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:21:26 AM
Merited by anylic (1)

I always invest with my own experience and decisions. I read other people's comments to find information I didn't know about the project. Believe in yourself and make decisions, which will help you to have more investment experience later

nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:40:50 AM

I am a day trader,short trades for me are more profitable than holding for months.As a trader my main goal is too have as much BTC i can and to do that i need to buy alts using my BTC to trade and after that i will have more BTC than i have before.

krdcwplgf

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:46:06 AM

GITHUB, for a coin, be sure to go to GITHUB to see its development team upload updated code quantity and quality, if you understand programming.
For example, EOS, its code updates very fast, the frequency is not less than 24 hours, although I do not understand what it wants to express code.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:48:49 AM

I invest in altcoins because I want to see more returns on my initial investment. I will do my own research though.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 07:02:14 AM

Another reasons?
for me i look for coin potential i dont listen of what other people say i just do my own research
i always wait for a few thing to happen before buy more of the altcoin at first i just buy few then leave it and see it after a few month
if the coin have some more potential i will start to buy another batch but if not i will just sell it

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 07:05:22 AM

I choose altcoins for trading and increasing my bitcoins.
My only goal with altcoin is to earn bitcoins by trading them.

Tornand

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:11:37 AM

Some good points already being posted here. I'd like to add one more.
I am always checking ANN-Thread(s) and how many pages they got in which time. If the thread is 2 months old and has only 20 pages it is most likely not too interesting for many people. After this raw check I am trying to get an idea if the comments are mostly raging or optimistic.

It is a bit like Amazon reviews. A lot of them are fake, but if you see a product with hundreds of positive reviews it will most likely not be a complete fail to buy it.

But of course, this is just an indication to filter out all the less interesting coins and is *not* an inevitable indication to buy them.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:19:52 AM

Another reasons?

based on what i have seen in the past couple of years, most people who hold an altcoin are doing it because they bought it on top of a bubble and now the price has dropped and since they don't want to lose money and have the illusion that price will recover, the keep holding on to their now-worthless tokens. this is where the term "bag-holder" comes from.
the forum hype spam helps in this case to have more bag-holders but eventually they do a panic sell which will crash the price.

the few others are only holding an altcoin because they have bought "at the bottom" not on top of a bubble and now they are waiting for the pump and  the resulting bubble to occur.
the forum hype makes these people to take it as a sign and start dumping. because you always buy when nobody is talking about these things and sell when everyone is over excited.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:53:06 AM

Another reasons?
because i have faith on my coin,and i believe in its developer before i invest onthem i make sure i do lots of research.our coins is our prescious thing here in crypto so before we made a decision on having them we are 100% willing to give our trust coins
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:06:24 AM

I hold on to my altcoins because I believe the coins have potential to grow. I get to know about altcoins through this forum and do my due research before investing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:10:01 AM

Another reasons?
I choose the coins I have because I have a strong feeling that one day it will goes to the moon. I decided to hold Altcoins because they are more profitable these days compared to Bitcoin due to it's extra high value. Altcoins are cheaper to invest most especially those who are doing trading in some exchanges. I am doing research with the coins of course but sometimes I just chose those in top five or  ten Altcoins on the market for a safer long term investment. I am also looking at the background and the strength of the coins community for better result. The stronger the specific coins community is the more the potential of the coin to grow in the future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Palmholder

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:14:36 AM

The reason why I hold some altcoins is "Dont hold all egg in one basket". I dont know the future, have no idea what will fall and what will rise. So the best decision for me is to keep defferent values. I would like to have anything valuable, it makes me feel more confident. I like litecoin for example, because Coinmarketcap receives donations with it

DrYM

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:18:07 AM

The reason why I hold some altcoins is "Dont hold all egg in one basket". I dont know the future, have no idea what will fall and what will rise. So the best decision for me is to keep defferent values. I would like to have anything valuable, it makes me feel more confident. I like litecoin for example, because Coinmarketcap receives donations with it

Definitely diversity should be a key consideration. Also, you just need to read about each token\company, see if you think they're technology is legit and if it can grow to be something much bigger one day...
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:21:57 AM

It is part of my investment strategy to diversify my portfolio. And yes, I get to know about altcoins and new projects in Bitcointalk. But I do not rely on the recommendations to decide which coins to invest in. If I find the project interesting, I will definitely research first
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:22:08 AM

Another reasons?

I invest in an altcoin because the team who created it has an objective in mind and it is viable. I do read other people's comment about an altcoin because I want to know the coin from their perspective and maybe they have other information that I don't know about. If the coin has a large volume in exchanges then the coin is a plus for me because I can day trade with it so that I can have more of it. If the developers of the coin are active then that would be good because there are other coins in the market that are only for speculation purposes because the developers abandoned the project.

Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:25:09 AM

Another reasons?
It's from my own researching. I don't believe 99% from people said if a coin has potential (i might be believe 1% only, it's only if the person who said it is really experienced in altcoin).
Xaad

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

because in future the only mean transactions will we crypto-currency as you can see the metals replaced by the cash and then cash by the e-currency now the e-currency will be replaced by the it as the people will became more modern. that's why i will prefer to hold them in stead of salling
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: