Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon orders - batch #3 refund requests thread  (Read 14941 times)
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:15:41 PM

I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.
koob

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 01:21:30 PM

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Same here, 45xx
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:19:19 PM

I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Just figure out a hashrate where at such point delivery would become unbearable, and cancel before then if not delivered by that point.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:34:30 PM

I am on the fence.  I have a really low order number, because I purchased within minutes.  I will probably give it till the first few days in July, and if I don't hear anything... yeah....

I am in the same boat as you pikeadz... low 45XX order ( < 4520).  If I don't get shipping info in the first few days of July, I am probably going to put in a refund request... or at least see if I can get a refund on half my order.  With a May delivery date and no raw chip orders, this deal was a no-brainer.  Now it takes a lot of brain to figure out what the options are.

Just figure out a hashrate where at such point delivery would become unbearable, and cancel before then if not delivered by that point.

I guess everybody will wait till the two next difficulty adjustments... If the increase is big and there is no tracking number in the email, I foresee mass refund requests.

Its kinda worrying to see that people who decided to request a refund early havent been contacted yet after 6/7 days, I wonder what will happen when the rate of refund requests will increase.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:44:29 PM

Yep... and thus the lots of brain required. 
Will the growth be steep linear or exponential? 
I believe it was 6.7M when batch 3 orders opened.
The exponential trend is pretty ugly and with my projections you need to overclock to be able to get to break-even. 
Does this reduce the lifespan of the miner?

Lots to think about... I really enjoy mining (and my GPU miner box just croaked and I am debating whether to patch it back together), but it might be better to wait for the chip clones... 100BTC for 85GHs for a 3-4 week lead on clones doesn't seem like good value.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:46:45 PM

The exponential trend is pretty ugly and with my projections you need to overclock to be able to get to break-even. 

Lots to think about... I really enjoy mining (and my GPU miner box just croaked and I am debating whether to patch it back together), but it might be better to wait for the chip clones... 100BTC for 85GHs for a 3-4 week lead on clones doesn't seem like good value.

It's not going to be linear.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Rampion (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

It's not going to be linear.

It's not going to be linear for the next months. But it won't be exponential forever, we can bet that at some point in the future the exponential growth will revert to linear growth.

aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 03:04:12 PM

if Yifu suggest refund  getting your money back is a far better option ... ya go for refund
Problem is somebody issued a ticket asked for refund. 6 days passed, no reply, no action.
same
support asked address, then no repley
martinm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:12:43 PM

I also consider to take a refund for my Batch 3 order, keep us updated how the refund request goes on. Will they refund the same amount of Bitcoins paid for the order?
cmdbill

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:38:50 PM

I also consider to take a refund for my Batch 3 order, keep us updated how the refund request goes on. Will they refund the same amount of Bitcoins paid for the order?
My guess is refund requests will be issued as batch 3 support tickets are answered. Which I would think would be after batch 2 is fully shipped. Regardless instant payment for a preorder should also receive a refund fairly quickly for this reason. I doubt I will ever receive a refund and probably will only get a condescending update on this thread from his truly.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 05:12:23 PM

If anyone has UK/EU units, I maybe interested.

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 07:06:51 AM

Received an newsletter, nothing about the batch 3 orders, but explicite about sending first batch of chips to all the clone companies wtf Yifu .... We deserve a head start you knew when we ordered batch 3 that two weeks later you announced the chip batches pretty scammy move..and they even get delivered first ...

I feel taken from behind thanks for that...

I thinking about a refund but rather have my Avalon burning over here soon....just dono yet.. Embarrassed

COINDER
COINDER
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 07:28:41 AM

Received an newsletter, nothing about the batch 3 orders, but explicite about sending first batch of chips to all the clone companies wtf Yifu .... We deserve a head start you knew when we ordered batch 3 that two weeks later you announced the chip batches pretty scammy move..and they even get delivered first ...

I feel taken from behind thanks for that...

I thinking about a refund but rather have my Avalon burning over here soon....just dono yet.. Embarrassed

Now you see, it is Avalon style. Fucks you without even apology or thanks.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:20:37 AM

Has anyone actually gotten a refund yet? Yifu -- can you comment on when we refunds would be processed?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:24:05 AM

sell me your preorders
john k

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:55:39 PM

i'll buy your batch #3 orders - John K.  PM me price, etc.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

i'll buy your batch #3 orders - John K.  PM me price, etc.
sell me your preorders
john k

see:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241577.0

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:25:37 AM

go 4 refund is the best option
ILikeToMine

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:31:33 AM

Refund request made yesterday the 25th of June. (3Months after payment)

Order paid March 25th.

Order number in the Mid 6000`s

No response as of yet.

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:57:20 AM

Refund request made yesterday the 25th of June. (3Months after payment)

Order paid March 25th.

Order number in the Mid 6000`s

No response as of yet.

Could you do me a favor to give me a PM once you get your refund? Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: