Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there so many tokens?  (Read 928 times)
kiddeon123 (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:27:47 AM

I just don't understand why people are creating a lot of tokens even if there are a lot of it already? Will these not affect the value of Altcoins?

efeaydin

Activity: 181
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

It is easy and cheap to create. People just pay a little bit Ethereum or Waves to create tokens and most of them earn money from their tokens and as they pay bounties with the token, they dont lose money.

If they have a great idea and the price of the token goes up, they can earn lots of money.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:38:10 AM

I just don't understand why people are creating a lot of tokens even if there are a lot of it already? Will these not affect the value of Altcoins?

Because it is so easy to create, people will continue to create more and more cryptocurrencies and ultimately they will all (including Bitcoin) be worthless because you cannot control supply. People argue that Bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million but in real life that is not true. Every time it gets forked, in reality you are just seeing the supply be expanded to get far far beyond 21 million
lupinvn

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

Vietnamese Translator - Bounty manager

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 11:42:28 AM

Let say, token is a currency of any project want to create it. Some new project want to pay to their customers, employees by tokens (especially their tokens). Its not only help them have ability to control their human but also being a way to introduce that project to many people. ICO progams  are growing very fast recently, and they can raise a huge fund from every one throughout selling their tokens to investors.

faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:44:05 AM

Yes it affect the pump of other alts as the supposed to be investment to a one coin is also shared to other alts.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ciplut

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:45:28 AM

if I think the emergence of a lot of tokens because many people create airdrops that the process of getting it very easy to fill out the form and follow the next few commands then just waiting for the token to be distributed, as well as an increasing number of ICO projects that have sprung up new tokens, altcoin prices are changing due to market demand
enterprevic1

Activity: 64

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:49:04 AM

there are so many tokens out there because there is no regulation about cryptocurrency

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center
Sophiea

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:55:27 AM

Me too, i don't understand why there are many other coins and will vanish later I don't get the point the essence of other tokens.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:02:21 PM

A lot of tokens yes but not all of them are working good. The reason why so many tokens right now because it is easy to create and also many token are competing to each other with a same platform but different in value. Competitions will always be there, some tokens are different to other token with its system and how they use that token.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:09:41 PM

A lot of them are scams and they just edit some few lines of C code and then create a logo and get listed on an exchange somehow and then market their tokens to us the unsuspecting public and so if we buy into their idea and sponser its development with the hope of earning big when the tokens shoot up high on the exchange we get scammed as they abandon the project after ICO. It is the reason we have so many shit coins out there.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:13:53 PM

Because That's how the business works, Block chain Technology and Digital Currency is a new technology, if you want to be left out or to be a pioneer on that integration to a certain business, surely you will do the same too. Token of a certain business is also their own product, a form of new product with technology integrated to it. Does it not sound better that a certain business has their own Token.

alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:05:26 PM

Tokens serve for internal economy of the entity or the company. They are an analog of assets for the internal turnover for the purpose of simplification of interaction of different levels and different divisions of production or rendering services. A good example it will be appropriate to mention game ecosystems here. In the game worlds for motivation and forming of a social component internal conventional units which users earn in case of accomplishment of certain tasks are used or receive them in exchange for traditional currencies.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:32:19 PM

they do it because it is not that hard to do and they are somehow creating free money out of thin air and that is enough to get anyone with any basic understanding of altcoins to start issuing their own altcoins. there are even newbie friendly versions of walk-throughs  out there helping newbies to create one for themselves!!!
if you look at altcoin boards you see all these newbies sometimes asking how they can create an altcoin, and these days the ICOs seem to be too famous for anyone to want to try their hands on them and call their parents basement their "company" Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:51:12 PM

I think, its because they want to be like bitcoin,  because creating a new coin with a great features or better than existing one, people can get more easy to use this coin.  But aside from that creating a new coin is more profitable when more people accept and try to use this for being alternative coin of bitcoin. Most of the altcoins are soon to become a shitcoin so i dont want to have or choose any altcoin to support like what i did in my bitcoin.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:01:18 PM

Because most of them are scam and they want to make airdrop/ico and earn lots of money from investors and selling it on exchanges
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:02:40 PM

Because other create a shit token to scam people. Other are to pay in bounty and the other is bussiness strategy they give token like airdrop so peiple now that token is real and big value...they can easy create token it because they just pay in etherium in a small amount so that they can create there token...
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:06:45 PM

Tokens are easy to create without any deep technical knowledge. Also it gives you a branding in business. However, I strongly feel, we should have some stringent methods to check the legitimacy of any ICO because 90 out 100 ICOs are scam and never turned up with the final product. We definitely have exceptions but they are too few.

However, creation of token will not affect the value of the underlying asset because they are not directly co-related in terms of financial values. It is just used as a platform to create token and nothing else.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

Because everyone is free to create! After the introduction of Ethereum, you don't even need to create your own blockchain to launch new coin. Just say 1 2 3 and there you go.
About affecting Altcoins value, no they don't affect other coins' value. Reason is that every token launched enters market after conducting ICO. Therefore, it has already built userbase including investors who invested their real money and bounty participants. So every token has pre-built market and when it enters crypto market, it adds value to whole market rather than taking value from other coins' market. So more the coins released, higher will be the market value. However, the state of excessive tokens do affect survival of crypto market!
tonysitaly

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:18:22 PM

Of course, the authors have their own ideas, but don't rule out that some token concepts are advanced and very creative. Look at your own choice

donadoni212

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:27:46 PM

because making coins is easy, they can develop the project with the coins they create.
when the coins are worthless they will not lose, because of the unlimited coinage.
this is a good way to raise funds, but many coins today are just scams.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: