Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:11:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3355 times)
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:54:55 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 08:35:55 AM by amih

all of that back to the goal of each individual not everyone considered bitcoin is a form of virtual currency that is used only for ways to transact and of course there will be many people who think bitcoin is a virtual currency that can be made as a wealth asset that can kept for a long period of time. I think that's the great bitcoin that everybody will be able to do what they get from bitcoin even for now I personally think that bitcoin is a livelihood that I can do to meet my daily needs. and in spite of it all I just think bitcoin is a breakthrough about a very great financial problem because of course bitcoin really has a role in the economy today.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:02:36 AM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
In reality, cryptocurrency is created as a currency intended for the digital transactions. It is a second currency besides fiat currencies. If you will use it as payment in buying and selling, then that crypto is a currency. However, if you will invest it, then its an asset. It depends on how you see crypto and how you use it.

bapetdik

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:07:17 AM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
I think that this could be both. Sometimes it can be said to be an asset and sometimes it can be said to be a currency. That's all I think about.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:50:32 AM

What is your opinion?
In reality, cryptocurrency is created as a currency intended for the digital transactions. It is a second currency besides fiat currencies. If you will use it as payment in buying and selling, then that crypto is a currency. However, if you will invest it, then its an asset. It depends on how you see crypto and how you use it.

That seems to be a good distinction. Therefore, if we proceed from it, we can safely assume that bitcoin right now is more of an asset and investment one at that rather than a currency in and of itself, right? Anyway, the vast majority of people seem to be using cryptocurrencies for speculation, for earning off it. But you don't pay with a money-earning asset for things in everyday life, so it is sort of either here or there choice.
Mister k

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 10:06:45 AM

I think they are both, depending on how you want to use them : asset if you hold on to them as an investment, currency if you use them to buy goods or services.

Loonie Network   ■■■■■   Loonie Token, An ERC20 Token   ■■■■■   LNI         
Participate in the Crowsale now
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   ANN Thread
sherlenekupo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

I would say that its belong to both asset or currency.
Crypto can be used interchangeably for the most part.
Leanna44

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:39:24 AM

Cryptocurrency is widely use now by investing or trading though the internet it seems as aspect by gaining their profit through the digital transaction more of investors are now using or accepting cryptocurrency for easy and accessible...
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

What is your opinion?

No it will not destroy that kind of purpose. Buying and holding profit is an strategy to double your profit. However your not always could invest your money because of unstable price. There are some investors that they deficit sometimes because investing in crypto world is to harmful to those who didn't know what is going to crypto currencies.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:16:04 PM

For me bitcoin is more suitable to be said as an asset, this is because the value of bitcoin continues to increase so it is suitable to say assets rather than currency, in addition to bitcoin easy to move.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

Crypto is both asset and currency. You can buy thing through this. It also offer big profit for everyone and give opportunity to grow their money.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:35:25 PM

What is your opinion?
I think that this could be both. Sometimes it can be said to be an asset and sometimes it can be said to be a currency. That's all I think about.

Assets and currencies have different properties,good for both about BTC but as written by satoshi BTC is a virtual currency that wants to simplify the user and do not bother to send or receive and can be accessed through the network per-to-per I think that.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:39:57 PM

What is your opinion?
because of bitcoin privacy or all crypto coins,instead of being a currency investors become interested and take that characteristics as asset..the decentralization system of this coins makes us aware that if we hold them they will become an asset that growing without your awareness
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

Crypto is a digital currency but crypto can also be used as an asset for the future. Nowadays a lot of promising cryptocurrency and will be very possible in making assets.
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:42:00 PM

Crypto is a digital currency. Since, we invest to a cryptocurrency like bitcoin, meaning crypto is an Asset. Because any investment is an Asset. Lets say crypto is like banks that your savings earning interest. For me, currency has the biggest part in our Asset. Any Asset we have should be treasured and keep it safe. Cryto is the best place to invest our treasures.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:45:14 PM

I think that there are crypto currencies that can be seen as an asset, and others that have the qualities of a currency.
Bitcoin with its high transaction fees, the longer confirmation times, the fact that it is limited and the massive increase in price, it has for me the characteristics of an asset.
Ether has low transaction fees and lower confirmation times. Although it gaind very much in price as well, to me it is more a currency.

It's me!!!
pissyas

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:22:33 PM

Bitcoin can also be used as a currency when its transaction fees comes to normal as it can greatly effective across different countries.Currently I regard crypto as an asset and also a currency. The purpose of crypto was created initially is only as a currency, but as time goes by the crypto is more interesting and this has made more and more people are interested to use bitcoin.
Ralph1075

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

Crypto is an Asset...although most popular name for all are crypto currency,even apps like imtoken refers to them as Assets .
Santri

Activity: 1092
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 02:34:06 PM

What is your opinion?
in my opinion it will not destroy anything, I know crypto is the currency and of course the person who makes this already know if it will jaddi an asset for most users because he knows crypto is not suitable for macro transactions, even if it is destructive then crypto will not shining as it is now

danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:36:49 PM

Crypto is a currecy that's absolutely right it is just being asset after you hold some coins or bitcoins here and use it on your future though there are still many ways to get some money but cryptocurrency is the best thing that we had right now.
R21

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:21:47 PM

I think bitcoin is a asset and currency also, bitcoin is a currency which via you can make any deal where btc accept. bitcoin is a valuable asset and currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: