Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3360 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:08:15 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
To be honest not all cryptocurrency are digital currency 3/4 of crypto actually don’t have real use and was just created because people want to make money and this is the hard truth about crypto. That’s why there are alot of people who have negative view in crypto because the community is not using the coin for its purpose and just want to earn money.
Actually crypto is both an asset and a currency.People use crypto as both of them.People hold their crypto for future price rise.This is the property of an asset like gold.People also hold gold for the future and wait till the price rise.People also use their crypto as a currency.They do their transactions through cryptos.They also store their money as cryptos.This is because it is easy to store and and you can any amount of money in the form of cryptocurrencies.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

I believe that the initial purpose of crypto is to create a digital currency for making transactions quick and easy. However, in reality it has become an asset which everybody is buying and holding. Continuing doing like this will destroy the initial purpose of the coin?

What is your opinion?
To be honest not all cryptocurrency are digital currency 3/4 of crypto actually don’t have real use and was just created because people want to make money and this is the hard truth about crypto. That’s why there are alot of people who have negative view in crypto because the community is not using the coin for its purpose and just want to earn money.
Actually crypto is both an asset and a currency.People use crypto as both of them.People hold their crypto for future price rise.This is the property of an asset like gold.People also hold gold for the future and wait till the price rise.People also use their crypto as a currency.They do their transactions through cryptos.They also store their money as cryptos.This is because it is easy to store and and you can any amount of money in the form of cryptocurrencies.
that's right, basically crypto is Currency, but crypto for me completely is an asset, since I rarely use the crypto as currency or as payment. because I prefer to keep the money in the form of crypto because its value will keep increasing.
icol333

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:27:45 PM

What is your opinion?
It is true if you use the crypto for daily use. But not all of the country is allowed to use them "freely" in their region. They only use crypto to buy let's say the tokens on ICO, and yet it is same as an investment which is buying and holding, right?

●     REPME    
██    TWITTER    █ ▌   WHITEPAPER   ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

I think it's more accurate to say an asset because until now no country has acknowledged as a currency, in all bitcoin trading sites and altcoin is said to be a digital asset and I've never seen cryptocurrency as a currency.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:30:54 PM

Crptocurrency may be used as an asset or as a currency. The name cryptocurrency has currency on its name so it can be used as currency because there are a lot of platforms here in the cryptocurrency industry that has their own coin and with their own coin, that means they have their own mode of payments which requires their currency to be used. Crypto can also be used as an asset that needs to be utilized thru the use of investing and other ways to let your money work and earn by itself.
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:31:53 PM

What is your opinion?
For me, there is no need to argue of which crypto was really on because better think of it that cryptos are really that flexible to think that it can already possess the characteristics of being a currency and at the same time being an asset since crypto lies on the modern technology, the possibility for that thing to happen that crypto be a currency and an asset can really be possible nowadays. It is a currency in a way that we can use it for payments and an asset because we can evenly use it for investments that has the great potential to grow and be more beneficial in price.

denyfirmasyahputra

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

What is your opinion?

I agree that crypto is a digital currency that has a function equivalent to a real currency but not with legality that is currently still not official. but along with its advancement now crypto is more likely as a high value business assets, such as for investment and trade.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:12:00 PM

Honestly nowadays only criminals using crypto as currency...others just looking for profit and saving/selling/buying cryptoccurencies like an asset.
Well not all of them, I guess some people still enjoys the advantage of cryptocurrecies in which you can make an efficient and fast transactions world wide. Not all wallets keep you anonymous now a days. But most of the people use cryptocurrencies to earn because there are a lot of ways how to earn it, either through mining or trading or joining campaigns.
Yeah people are using bitcoin for multipurpose, some are using as a transaction of money from one place to the other and some are using bitcoin as an asset, having bitcoin is the aim of the say so no matter how you use it. I use bitcoin and I am using it as a saving for my future, bitcoin has a lot of way to make money and to store for the long time, saving bitcoin will increase your money and will give you high profit for your future and at some places you can buy everything with bitcoin whatever you need.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
MoneyCrafter

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:19:31 PM

Crypto is a all in one digital money. You may have Crypto as an asset if it is idle and transact if in need. The initial stage of all things would be narrow but when days passed everything would be broaden.
ikipiye

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:24:46 PM

Crypto is an asset that can be a currency, because crypto coins can be of high value and the amount is also limited. People use it like how they use gold and other precious metals. but if crypto requires internet access in its transaction.
lsokalski

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:29:00 PM

I think Crypto is a digital currency or it's a amount that can hold your investment.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:39:18 AM

It's an old question, and the answer depends very much from the level of volatility.
At present, is too unstable to be used as a normal currency, it would be extremely complicated to keep accounting.
So it's mainly an asset. But with more stability, and more general accepting, of course it could become a standard currency.

Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

It's a strange question: it can be both, and this depends from what you use it for.
Actually, any asset can be used as currency, and viceversa, so I don't understand the question.
amwer

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:19:38 PM

All confirmed transactions from the start of a cryptocurrency’s creation are stored in a public ledger. The identities of the coin owners are encrypted, and the system uses other cryptographic techniques to ensure the legitimacy of record keeping. The ledger ensures that corresponding “digital wallets” can calculate an accurate spendable balance. Also, new transactions can be checked to ensure that each transaction uses only coins currently owned by the spender. Bitcoin calls this public ledger a “transaction block chain.”
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:29:05 PM

What is your opinion?
its a currency because we can use it to pay transactions or billings,and now some services accept bitcoin as payments.and in US accepted as tax payments..but its asset too,since i m saving some of mine for future of my family
Etherlevis128

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

I think it's a new type of asset that can also be used as a currency once fungability gripes are eased. I think this is the reason regulators are having such a difficult time with cryptocurrency because it has aspects of both in one. I'm not sure how regulation will play out my guess is they will regulate them as if they were an asset
In my opinion it is an asset at the same time it is also a currency, an asset in a way you can use it for investment to secure your family's future but this one can crashed anytime yet the potential price of this coin is unlimited. thus it is also a currency because we can use this coin to buy something in online shop, use to pay monthly bills in other words you can use this coin for transaction in any merchants that accepts the same coin.
Farhan786

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:30:38 PM

Bitcoin is becoming the best asset of recent times. Exiting for future Bitcoin, because at this moment its market price continues to rise. Bitcoin is the only currency that can help you in the future and in the future, if you keep Bitcoin for the future, it can help you in the future and if you want to use it for your daily expanse you can use it because Bitcoin is the marketable currency.
HolderLoo

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:31:50 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 05:52:08 PM by HolderLoo

I think crypto is a currency and also a pure asset. Because of the structural change of banks on deposit insurance premiums for bankruptcy risk was reduced significantly. Many people have targeted bitcoin as a deposit option for their assets and money. Therefore, the bitcoin value will accelerate very quickly when the market returns to orbit.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:50:17 PM

People using bitcoin only as an asset nowadays and it's a pity. Hashing power race and many other things associated with mining making cryptocurrencies being asset.

tikong

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:14:16 PM

I think it's a new type of asset that can also be used as a currency once fungability gripes are eased. I think this is the reason regulators are having such a difficult time with cryptocurrency because it has aspects of both in one. I'm not sure how regulation will play out my guess is they will regulate them as if they were an asset
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: