Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto is an Asset or Currency?  (Read 3355 times)
Theones

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:41:30 PM

Crypto is both currency and asset. We can treat it as our income from work or as our passion. Just what do you want.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:16:59 PM

First of all it's a currency but nowadays people mostly using crypto as an asset to get profit. World getting a lot of problems because of this people at my opinion.

DMiracle1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:33:16 PM

Cryptocurrencies are a speculative asset class, an interesting investment choice for those looking to store and potentially grow their wealth. In my own point of view, cryptocurrencies can never become a currency due to their high level of volatility that might lead to sudden drop in value. Also, lengthy transaction times and high failure rates have made crypto payments anything but convenient.

Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:43:15 PM

I'll be honest with you guys. Bitcoins as of now aren't treated as currencies but instead as an asset of investment. People mau argue, but that is the current situation. Sure in the future bitcoin might serve it's main purpose of being a currency. But as of now, bitcoin is considered an asset. Nothing more, nothing less.

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:54:02 AM

It's difficult to say cryptocurrency will replace fiat money. Most of us think cryptocurrencies are not true currencies and should instead be thought of as crypto assets, adding that they could have valuable future applications, for instance, as part of more innovative, efficient, and reliable payment systems. But cryptocurrencies could be decentralised and self execute, it's revolution. And based on the human history, no one could stop the revolution thing. Welcome to a truly free ecconomy where govt is not in control!
_noname_

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:40:58 AM

I will consent to the definition you shared about the money however the definition and the framework should be redesignd as per the time keeping in see the requests of the general population of this age. There is most likely that by and by digital money can be called as a benefit yet I am especially cheerful that this advantage will in the end turn into the cash of the world with individuals choosing about its future.
_noname_

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:41:39 AM

Crypto I think it is cash since it generally courses in the blockchain system and individuals trade it with each other as indicated by their requirements. The absolute most exchanged monetary standards are bitcoin, ethereum. Swells are utilized by banks as trade instruments. So the swell is the money. There are some crypto individuals who guess for an opportunity to make a benefit. Some crypto possessions take after the plan of action, speculators hold to be part benefits.
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:38:27 AM

Digital currency is a kind of trend, all kinds of metal currency appeared on the history, after thousands of years of development, ultimately determine the gold for decentralized general metal, encryption currency is the same, it is assets and currencies, can sell goods can also invest enough money.
gua86402

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:31:16 PM

The Israeli tax department defines a digital encryption currency as an asset and taxes it!

Germany's digital encryption currency is not taxed as a means of payment!

Governments have different definitions of digital cryptocurrency, and single countries recognize the legitimacy of cryptographic currencies.
Tagabukid69

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:02:08 AM

For me they are both useful as an asset at the same time as currency, As an asset where in we could earn profit while holding to it for the right to soar up, and the same time as currency because we can trade our bitcoins to stocks or any stuff through internet access. The dis advantage of this asset class are the fact that they are digitally correlated and subject to high degrees of individual and group of social engineering, For example, a great deal of the theft or loss of digital asset typically result from people locking themselves out of their digital wallets losing their encrypted keys or people gaining unwanted access, after which point the asset are easily transferred and hard to track down, In short like so many cyber threats the loss or theft of digital assets often lies between the keyboard and the chair.

OTPPAY.IO   ▅  OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS  ▅   OTPPAY.IO
PRIVATE SALE IS ON. LIMITED UPTO 35M TOKENS WITH 100% BONUS.
udroxz

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:17:57 AM

We can use crypto asset and currency both but crypto market is usually changing the value so i like to use like a currency.
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:36:02 AM

Bitcoin for example is originally intended to be the official CURRENCY of the internet. However, due to certain unavoidabke circumstances bitcoin was unable fulfill the said purpose. And bitcoin as of bow has been used as an asset for investment. So, considering the current status of cryptocurrencies I would say that it is an asset.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:49:36 AM

Crypto is both currency and asset. We can treat it as our income from work or as our passion. Just what do you want.
Crypto especially bitcoin is all in one. I refer it as a complete package for everyone because it has something for investors, students, unemployed people and the list goes on. If you are already making handsome money through your day job, I don’t think so there is any need of using bitcoin for clearing your payments, treat it as an asset. But if you are totally relying on bitcoin, you may cash it out often.
boonsterx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:18:04 AM

I do not think there will be many countries that will be like Japan and make crypto legal tender.
So most cryptocurrencies will be treated more like an asset.

However with more stable coins emerging, I think using cryptocurrencies as a currency will become more prevalent in the future.

Until then, crypto is an asset in my eyes.

Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:56:58 AM

I do not think there will be many countries that will be like Japan and make crypto legal tender.
So most cryptocurrencies will be treated more like an asset.

However with more stable coins emerging, I think using cryptocurrencies as a currency will become more prevalent in the future.

Until then, crypto is an asset in my eyes.
As I see through it,I think crypto is an asset as long as it is back up  by official bodies like central banks or governments, and once legalized in a country. But we can call it currency for it is exchangeable and convertable.However, cryptocurrency technology poses problems for the authorities when it comes to designing regulations.Investors and users should be aware of the risks, including a high level of volatility that might lead to sudden drop in value.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:07:26 AM

For me, crypto is an asset because this is not controlled by a certain entity and acceptable anywhere. Although the cryptocurrency is limited, it has a possible to go up the value.
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:52:45 PM

Digital currency is a kind of trend, all kinds of metal currency appeared on the history, after thousands of years of development, ultimately determine the gold for decentralized general metal, encryption currency is the same, it is assets and currencies, can sell goods can also invest enough money.
Yes a lot of assets are being done with bitcoin it is good to use it at the same time as we can use it as saving and as an asset as well. Gold is not very hard to find the alternative of bitcoin as it is famous for a lot of benefits as the huge market traders are making high amount of assets using bitcoin it is very easy to use and to carry with you. Daily needs can be fulfill using bitcoin also it can be saved as long time asset of life, it has multi benefits as some can increase their finance using bitcoin and some of them use it to save as much as they can save, fluctuation of price is all about the chance it can make you rich as an asset and can make you buy everything acting like currency.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:07:30 AM

Theoretically it is a currency, but until it solves the problem of slowness of transactions and excess costs, it remains unusable.
At present, the majority of the bitcoin owners use it as an asset.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

Cryptocurrency can be both asset or currency; it depends to you how you will use and see it in the future. You can use the bitcoin as payment as long as stores accept bitcoins that are currency. Most of the people are taking the bitcoin an asset. If you hold your coins or even the bitcoin on long-term investment, we can say that is an asset.
RKSummer

Activity: 337

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:00:04 AM

It's both an asset and a currency. Different people have use it differently.

Yes, it is an asset and a currency at the same time. Bitcoin is one of the most valuable asset nowadays that can be convert into a fiat. As an asset for those who hold and want to earn large profit. As currency for those who used it to buy/ purchase something.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: