Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COINBASE WARNING: Coinbase preventing users from *SENDING* coin to specific addr  (Read 243 times)
Friendly Website Guy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:31:10 PM

Months ago Coinbase banned me from their platform, refused to give any reason, and would only allow me to take out my coin after finding a robodialer phone number from my bank statements to complain to. Now that I am 100% off their platform, users from my website I've directed to Coinbase to use for buying BTC from have reported that my non-Coinbase addresses cannot receive coin. Not just BTC addresses, but LTC. That means Coinbase still actively lurks my website to find my publicly listed addresses just to ban them from being usable from the site.

AVOID COINBASE. USE LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE.

Chatlog from user reporting issue:
https://my.mixtape.moe/prihfj.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:39:37 PM

Hold up, they terminated your account and blocked your addresses? How do they even do the latter?  I believe there has to be a reason still, and perhaps you can try reaching their support with a neutral viewpoint. The problem of not receiving cash from Coinbase users might be a problem on their site, so you should check it with multiple users. Was there something wrong with your account information, like bank details or your identification?

I don't think they would seek out users addresses to block them, just saying from a large company's point of view. Lips sealed

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Friendly Website Guy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:44:25 PM

Hold up, they terminated your account and blocked your addresses? How do they even do the latter?  I believe there has to be a reason still, and perhaps you can try reaching their support with a neutral viewpoint. The problem of not receiving cash from Coinbase users might be a problem on their site, so you should check it with multiple users. Was there something wrong with your account information, like bank details or your identification?
They have to be actively lurking my website to find the public addresses and blocking them. I run a risque website that people try to demonetize, so my only assumption is people complain to them about being a potential source of income and Coinbase willingly obliges by blocking Coinbase users from sending coin to my addresses.

This is the only email I got, besides the one responding to my phone call telling me that they've allowed me to withdraw my currency.
https://my.mixtape.moe/qqxmho.png

The only relationship between my shitty drama website and Coinbase was a single referral URL in one post that was there for over a year. After they terminated, they still lurk the site to pull public addresses to stop donations. That is the only way the addresses that they've blocked could have been blacklisted.

It's like banning donations to 4chan or something. There's nothing illegal about my website or my business. I'm fully doxed, I gave them all of my government ID, I'm sitting in the U.S. mainland writing this post without a proxy. If I was breaking the law I'd already be up to my tits in red tape.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:57:49 PM

This is a good example of why decentralization is the key feature of Bitcoin and we must do everything we can to keep Bitcoin as decentralized as possible. Online wallets like Coinbase are not much different from banks, since they have power to dictate their users what to do with their money, which is exactly why Bitcoin was created at the first place. The only correct way to use Bitcoin is to run a full node and be your own banks - and this is why people like Craig Wright who want Bitcoin's network to have 10 or 20 nodes are wrong and malicious.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 04:07:48 PM

I can't see any reason for using any wallet other than that contained in a node - pruned or otherwise. There seem to be constant problems and security risks with online wallets, and you don't always get the forking bonuses.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: