Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:28:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: investment mode of btc is best or currency mode???  (Read 1068 times)
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:18:29 PM

A trend has been started that bitcoin is now used only for raising income by buying and selling it but we are ignoring its most important fact that it was created to be used as currency and if it can be used as the currency it would really help community to enjoy its eases and regions who are accepting btc must have to start it as currency this will automatically boost user no's as well a prices,
I think investment mode or using bitcoin as an investment is better. Investing into it will give you Bitcoin and huge profit. So a user will be an investor at the same time. Since a user will have a Bitcoin as an investment, he/she will also be able to use it as a currency than just using it only as a currency that won't lead to huge profit.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:26:25 PM

A trend has been started that bitcoin is now used only for raising income by buying and selling it but we are ignoring its most important fact that it was created to be used as currency and if it can be used as the currency it would really help community to enjoy its eases and regions who are accepting btc must have to start it as currency this will automatically boost user no's as well a prices,
It cannot be currency due to low supply which is good for investment, if it got declared as currency then think who are going to make it currency how will they control it.  So it is very good investment option
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:07:11 PM

Right now bitcoin is used mostly as an investment, while bitcoin was created to be a currency we cannot make people use bitcoin as we want, that is the whole point of bitcoin to have a currency that you own completely and can use as you fell like it, so if people want to use it as an investment let them.

Yes,  most people make use of bitcoin seeing it only as a means of investment but then that doesn't change the fact bitcoin can is also a currency that should be used for day to day tramsactions. Though, majority use bitcoins for investment, there are still a few who use it as a currency.

But on careful examination, we realize that the service of bitcoins both as a currency and as a means of investment is one the advantages of bitcoin

szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

It cannot be currency due to low supply which is good for investment, if it got declared as currency then think who are going to make it currency how will they control it.  So it is very good investment option

It's a currency that can't be controlled or we wouldn't allow it to be controlled that's why it is decentralized and i don't think its in little supply if we consider spending them in bits of satoshis as  opposed to spending them in whole BTC's
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:11:57 AM

I wouldn't call it a trend, but rather a phase where Bitcoin's secondary function, as a store of value is retaining its purchasing power into the future for its primary function, as a medium of exchange.

Mainstream Bitcoin adoption wouldn't happen without merchants. Solutions like LN would speed up this process, but ultimately a transition from a community of hodlers into a dominant Bitcoin economy would depend on coming up with applications/startups that would not only motivate non-bitcoin users, but also hodlers to buy and spend Bitcoin and merchants to easily integrate Bitcoin as a payment option. A big Bitcoin marketplace, POS apps, incentivizing/rewarding use of Bitcoin.

Not about which one is best, Bitcoin's utility as a decentralized medium of exchange and its scarcity, store of value both are equally important in determining the long-term potential of Bitcoin.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:34:07 AM

It wasn't made to be used as a currency is what I think.. if that was the case then for sure developers would have made it centralized and thats.. Everyone knows it isn't..also!!!
I think its made to target stock market not the currency one...we already do have a lots of currencies in..the world and I don't think we do need anymore..it was created to revolutionize the idea of cryptocurrency market.. to get people out of paper money and to.. do investment in something other than gold or stocks...
Also.. its not fixed and centralized and they are perquisites of being labelled as a currency. Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Wexnident

Activity: 2520
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:43:16 AM

Using bitcoin is better in my opinion since bitcoin is nit yet legal to most of the countries. It is a good source of income since the profit is huge. Its market value is continuously increasing and getting more exoensive which gives its users profit. And if they would want to use it as a currency they may use a small amount of their investment .

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:55:18 AM

People are mainly using bitcoin as an investment than currency because it's still in it's early stages if all bitcoins will be mined and countries around the world start legalizing it then we can see the price of it much higher than now. It will be difficult to use bitcoin as currency because of transaction fees but it will be solved sooner or later.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:29:04 AM

I think even for now or even for future its the best that bitcoins be used for investment purposes because bitcoins are decentralized and not stable thus they arr not following the prerequisite of being a currency also they are illegal in some countries thus it would prevent that sector of population and indulging in other business activity pertaining to currency like bitcoin. Also it was invented for the sake of providing a digital platform for investment basis and it's evident from the fact that the inventor made it decentralized.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:08:41 PM

The price of something goes up if it's desired, and has a certain set of properties that make it a good long term holding.

Bitcoin first needs to be a store of value, a currency is the next step after that, and thus far we are still in the store of value process. We need to defeat gold as store of value. Daily usage of BTC will come with lightning networks. We don't need to do anything other than keep developing the technology and people will freely choose to use it as a currency, until then it's just digital gold.

This is how I tend to use it. I only convert to fiat what I needed to use and try to keep the rest for holding. I still find it a bit silly to use it to buy stuff considering how the price can still rise. Maybe that would change once we've defeated gold and fiat, or at least bitcoin comes to their level of use. I mean, how many people here get their salary in bitcoins?

That's true and it's really applicable to me right now mate, the proof is their already so for me it's the best currency ever. I am not converting that bitcoin just for what I need, but also for my personal expenses like entertainment and other miscellaneous budgets. Although of it's volatility it doesn't mean we will have to panic, we can still spend and don't worry of possible crash because fluctuations will normally happen specially bitcoin now become more popular.

Well good for you, I barely spend any (quite ironic for my username).  Grin

The thing is, I don't mine any crypto so every bit I earn I really have to work for. I managed to snag some campaigns here before, that's how I started learning how to use bitcoins anyway. I no longer participate in any now though. They are far in between because of the high price and obviously we seem to get millions of newbies everyday here, ahaha. Grin

I'm currently looking into getting to learn skills so I can freelance and earn more. For now, my money is staying in the wallet.
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:15:59 PM

The price of something goes up if it's desired, and has a certain set of properties that make it a good long term holding.

Bitcoin first needs to be a store of value, a currency is the next step after that, and thus far we are still in the store of value process. We need to defeat gold as store of value. Daily usage of BTC will come with lightning networks. We don't need to do anything other than keep developing the technology and people will freely choose to use it as a currency, until then it's just digital gold.

This is how I tend to use it. I only convert to fiat what I needed to use and try to keep the rest for holding. I still find it a bit silly to use it to buy stuff considering how the price can still rise. Maybe that would change once we've defeated gold and fiat, or at least bitcoin comes to their level of use. I mean, how many people here get their salary in bitcoins?

That's true and it's really applicable to me right now mate, the proof is their already so for me it's the best currency ever. I am not converting that bitcoin just for what I need, but also for my personal expenses like entertainment and other miscellaneous budgets. Although of it's volatility it doesn't mean we will have to panic, we can still spend and don't worry of possible crash because fluctuations will normally happen specially bitcoin now become more popular.

Well good for you, I barely spend any (quite ironic for my username).  Grin

The thing is, I don't mine any crypto so every bit I earn I really have to work for. I managed to snag some campaigns here before, that's how I started learning how to use bitcoins anyway. I no longer participate in any now though. They are far in between because of the high price and obviously we seem to get millions of newbies everyday here, ahaha. Grin

I'm currently looking into getting to learn skills so I can freelance and earn more. For now, my money is staying in the wallet.

Isn't it a already a bit crowded when we got millions of newbies every day? Well setting that aside i am also positive bitcoin will be good in a long run, although several updates and technical changes have been made in order for it to be used smoothly, nothing has change to what bitcoin really is, and it doesn't fit for me usng bitcoin as a day to day currency although its made to be used as one, but i choose to hold mine inside my wallet.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:06:45 PM

It wasn't made to be used as a currency is what I think.. if that was the case then for sure developers would have made it centralized and thats.. Everyone knows it isn't..also!!!
I think its made to target stock market not the currency one...we already do have a lots of currencies in..the world and I don't think we do need anymore..it was created to revolutionize the idea of cryptocurrency market.. to get people out of paper money and to.. do investment in something other than gold or stocks...
Also.. its not fixed and centralized and they are perquisites of being labelled as a currency. Smiley
Of course it wasn’t made to be a real currency, that’s why it is called a virtual currency. So I don’t see any reason you should be regarding as a Currency, it is a digital-asset meant particularly for investment and should also be regarded as such. Well, you can also use it as a currency, but it has a limit, cause same thing applies Gold which can also be used to buy something if you see someone that accepts it. I saw someone say that it is best to use Bitcoin just because it is not legal, only a criminal will say such a thing, because from what I know, criminals likes to deal on illegal things and not legal ones. They are the same people that will also tell you that bitcoin should take real currencies, because they want an opportunity to stay anonymous while they carry out their evil plans, and they are also the same people that will complain when legit companies ask for their ID.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:15:41 PM

I think the fact that only few stores are accepting bitcoin that's why some people are not seeing it as a currency there's not even a single local business near my place that's accepting bitcoin and the thing that bitcoin being a asset i mean it is great and we can't blame the investor cause we all see the potential of bitcoin and look at it now really developed and still increasing it's price so for now i' just holding my bitcoin too as an asset since almost i cannot buy anything in bitcoin if i don't convert it to fiat so it's better this way.

bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:10 PM

yes, bitcoin is the best investment mode, because cryptocurrency is considered a "safe haven asset".

So ... users already consider Bitcoin a means of investing the gold equivalent.

when called a currency yes of course .. because bitcoin not only as a means of investment, has many physical businesses and companies, restaurants and online services that use Bitcoin as a means of payment.
Thanasis

Activity: 1820
Merit: 515

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:44:25 PM

I think the fact that only few stores are accepting bitcoin that's why some people are not seeing it as a currency there's not even a single local business near my place that's accepting bitcoin and the thing that bitcoin being a asset i mean it is great and we can't blame the investor cause we all see the potential of bitcoin and look at it now really developed and still increasing it's price so for now i' just holding my bitcoin too as an asset since almost i cannot buy anything in bitcoin if i don't convert it to fiat so it's better this way.

In terms of currency bitcoin is still not yet accepted by many users but some of the developed countries are providing bitcoin as a mode of payment,if you can't spent bitcoins directly now don't worry soon in all places bitcoin will be accepted as mode of payments.
But the best mode of bitcoin is the investment mode because your investment growth rate is very high and give huge profits in short time according to other investments like gold or stock.

dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:46:33 PM

I do prefer the btc mode of investment. Because now a days, bitcoin is the best way to invest. It has a big chance of a great investment that makes our money doubled or even tripled.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:10:40 PM

It's not being ignored. It's just that we can see majority using bitcoin as an investment but at least even at small percentage, bitcoin was being used as a currency. Merchants who accepts bitcoin will not considered accepting bitcoin as payment if there is no such thing as bitcoin isn't used as a currency.

You just have to let it progress on it's own. Didn't you know that while bitcoin price is increasing, it's not always that people will hold their coin. At some point, because the price is high, they take advantage of it by buying goods on which they will only spend small fraction of bitcoin.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:30:30 PM

I do prefer the btc mode of investment. Because now a days, bitcoin is the best way to invest. It has a big chance of a great investment that makes our money doubled or even tripled.
thats true mate this currency is legit it can make us profitble because of its volatility. I refer also to invest in bitcoin instead of fiat invesment cause fiat is to slow for earnings not the same with bitcoin which is it give us a lot of profit time on time and give us a chance to bid a cheap price and sell in a high price that is the common reason why bitcoin is the best for investing.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

At this point for sure bitcoin investment is the best, atleast we do have soo far around 700% profit if you had invested into January and bought bitcoin into those period and holded. Fiat atleas in the general hasnt made any significant increase into its value, besides the normal up and down between currencies. All people had invested into bitcoin due to two reasons, one its decentralized, can be used as store of value and other due to its big potencial to make money. There some altcoins wich will be more easy to integrate and spread away then bitcoin, since they are faster, cheaper and more people friendly, bitcoin will became a store of value.
ritsel02

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:12:36 PM

As for now I considered bitcoin as an investment mode.We cannot hide the fact that lot of investors have faith on investing bitcoin because of its potential and strong value.
I myself is investing and holding it for a long term though there are times that I also used it as a currency when it comes to emergency matters.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: