Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TradeCoin (TDC) | Launched  (Read 16245 times)
octal42

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:00:21 PM

Reserve me a spot on the giveaway thread, I always seem to miss those.

You might consider taking out proof of work entirely if you can't mine coins anyway.  Have it be POS only.  You'd probably have to take out the 30 day waiting period before you can mint POS blocks.  Maybe make a day or an hour waiting period.

I disagree about making it 0%.  If people don't have a incentive to mint, they won't do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:16:28 PM

i have a question.... in what point the miners enter to this coin? how we can get coins or its just a coin for buying/selling?

well thats was two question Smiley

1) Miners should not really be attracted to this coin, they have already all been created
2) Since they have already all been created, the only way to obtain is via a giveaway, buying or selling (I will be starting a giveaway of 1000 coins per person as soon as the coin is released).

Does that answer your questions?

i have another question Smiley

what is the idea of this coin?

just for example, i buy 100000 TDC for 1 LTC, then the price moves down and down and finally stabilize on 300000 for 1 LTC and never goes up....so i will lost a lot of money (not really a lot but this is just an example ) in other way the price can goes up and up and up an finally i can sell my 100000 TDC for 10 LTC,  then people with a lot of LTC to spend can buy TDC and the rest of US just able to sell our few coins

the risk is too high.... sorry for my bad english, i know that nobody can understand my point :/

I understand your question Smiley
The point of this coin is to act as an experiment to see what will happen to ltc when all coins have been created and because I thought it would be an interesting experiment. With regard to the risk, like most alts (and btc itself), price is driven purely by speculation so that argument can be made for most any coin. I don't believe there are any "risk free" coins (if there are then I want some Cheesy)  

but with other altcoins we can mine and catch a amount of coins, if whatever altcoin we choose to mine never get a price we just lost time, also we can traduce this time to money but we dont invest directly an amount of money on a coin, so the risk is too low in comparission of the coin you propouse (i know my enclish suck)

cryptopi (OP)

Activity: 168

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:24:35 PM

Granted, that is true. However, it be said that those mining rigs consume power and induce wear on the gpus. Yes, technically my coin may bear a slightly higher risk, but nothing is perfect. In addition, my giveaway will have 1000 coins per person and that is free.

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:26:28 PM

wow this is the stupidest coin idea to date.  When I read the OP I thought it was a joke.  But now I realize you are being serious with this idea.
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:27:48 PM

wow this is the stupidest coin idea to date.  When I read the OP I thought it was a joke.  But now I realize you are being serious with this idea.

Just an experiment, calm down

anderl

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:32:56 PM

I can experiment too.  Let me test to see if Earth's atmosphere is breathable by humans.... hmmmm...  yep.  Experiment was successful.
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:35:21 PM

I can experiment too.  Let me test to see if Earth's atmosphere is breathable by humans.... hmmmm...  yep.  Experiment was successful.

Congratulations on the groundbreaking discovery. You may need to run multiple trials to ensure reliable data though.

anderl

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:37:11 PM

Congratulations on the groundbreaking discovery. You may need to run multiple trials to ensure reliable data though.

You get my point don't you?
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

Yeah Smiley But I am still free to conduct my experiment and so I will.

butjust41day

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:52:09 PM

In the spirit of the "experiment" I am willing to purchase 1000 TDCs for 1 litecoin. I will then donate the 1000 TDCs to the TDCs foundation in order to promote a sense of humour world wide. I think this money is badly needed based on many of the posts in response to it's release.

I have also noticed that nick names are given to many of the alt coins usually as an insult. I would like to propose a nickname not as an insult; but, in honor of this new coin "Top Dog Coin"
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:14:41 PM

PM me when its released so i dont forget, ill have a lotto and faucet up and ready for you

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
HuuHachu

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:28:27 AM

Could you explain why you find it so "stupid" ?
Granted it moves to a specially tuned PoS, and some other points are also better tuned, it actually is a nice experiment ...

In PoW only coins (bitcoin, litecoin, etc.), we are essentially wasting increasing amount of energy and money to buy more and more tickets and hoping to win the worlwide (block) lottery.

In PoW+PoS coins (PPC, NVC, etc.), the PoW is used to dispatch an initial amount of coins. This distribution should be as fair as possible. Then PoW is gradually shut down and PoS keeps the network alive.

This proposition is basically to skip the initial PoW dispatching and use instead a manual dispatch ... A little time consuming, but not really less fair than mining anyway, and much more energy efficient.
Of course, having the people trust the manual dispatch process may be tricky ^^

Also, this is kind of similar to the way ripple are dispatch, isn't it ?

PS:
In this spirit, even giving the coins to facebook accounts created before the coin announce kind of would do !

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
The_Catman

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 06:58:27 AM

I may have to push the release back a couple of days in order to incorporate proof of stake to gays against 51% attacks.

...wait, what?

nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:25:21 AM

I may have to push the release back a couple of days in order to incorporate proof of stake to gays against 51% attacks.

...wait, what?

Well noticed

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:56:59 AM

This coin would work only if it really was Bitcoin or Litecoin after the miners reward had reduced to 0 but with these two coins, I would hope, there would be such massive amounts of transactions going on with them that the total miner fee's in each block would be a sizeable miners reward and so keeping the global hashrate high.

With this coin, there will be little to no miner fee's in the block reward due to small amounts of transactions, most users having only 1000 coins in a giveaway and then the OP with 11 million coins.

I cannot imagine a coin taking off when right from the start you have and hold so many coins, that is a massive leap of faith for miners and traders.

I have an idea, when released why don't you start up a P2Pool and every miner can join that and then you can "donate" a massive chunk of that premine to the miners, say, 7 times, once everyday for a week as a lucky gift and leave yourself with 100,000 or something more realistic than 11 million.

This would get the hashrate up, as the miners will be waiting for a payout, there will be more coin out there to be traded with and create transaction fee's.

Also changing the client so it is stuck or forced to send a transaction fee is a must with this release.
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:00:13 AM

This coin would work only if it really was Bitcoin or Litecoin after the miners reward had reduced to 0 but with these two coins, I would hope, there would be such massive amounts of transactions going on with them that the total miner fee's in each block would be a sizeable miners reward and so keeping the global hashrate high.

With this coin, there will be little to no miner fee's in the block reward due to small amounts of transactions, most users having only 1000 coins in a giveaway and then the OP with 11 million coins.

I cannot imagine a coin taking off when right from the start you have and hold so many coins, that is a massive leap of faith for miners and traders.

I have an idea, when released why don't you start up a P2Pool and every miner can join that and then you can "donate" a massive chunk of that premine to the miners, say, 7 times, once everyday for a week as a lucky gift and leave yourself with 100,000 or something more realistic than 11 million.

This would get the hashrate up, as the miners will be waiting for a payout, there will be more coin out there to be traded with and create transaction fee's.

Also changing the client so it is stuck or forced to send a transaction fee is a must with this release.

Really good points to be taken in consideration.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
anderl

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:02:50 AM

Could you explain why you find it so "stupid" ?

1. it is centralized.  one central "bank" of coins if you will will control how they are distributed.
2. no miners, no network, no transactions are processed except for the developer who is the same as the "bank" more centralization
3.  centralization means easier for governments to shut it down, regulate it because there is a country of origin.

Also, this is kind of similar to the way ripple are dispatch, isn't it ?

correct and I believe that ripple flies in the face of what cryptocurrencies are meant to be.
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:30:21 PM

Sorry, slept through my alarm. This coin is now officially released and the wallet download link and the source code from github can be found in the OP

Giskard

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:37:43 PM

Sorry, slept through my alarm. This coin is now officially released and the wallet download link and the source code from github can be found in the OP

Ok, start the giveaway  Grin (bonus for being first?)

GQCu7dECXnkDWXaLUmbRSFxm82EQoYSqhS
cryptopi (OP)

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

Ok, start the giveaway  Grin (bonus for being first?)

GQCu7dECXnkDWXaLUmbRSFxm82EQoYSqhS

Sure, you get a bonus of an extra 1000. One moment and I will send 2000 TDCs to you

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: