Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LTC pump  (Read 7164 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:49:34 PM

Wow trollbox is spilling over into the forum?  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:51:36 PM

They got hacked and all the big wallets emptied who shared their btc-e username and balance here earlier? Shocked

Troll alert once again? Don't be silly. I hope I don't have to explain why your concern is way out of anything real. Looks like they got DDoSed (once again), but it's just a guess: We don't know why btc-e is down for maintenance either right now. Don't panic guys. I think they will be up again very soon or at least letting us know what's going on (by twitter or this board here) sooner or later.

Weav you log in with an email address now, not username.

Msweb btce have posted in the services subform saying it's a problem with the network/datacenter/something of that nature.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:56:41 PM

anyone with a Vendetta mask avatar is clearly a hacker and up to no good.  Wink

As you can see I'm not responding to every stupid post. Even with your 'Wink', your comment is very inappropriate. You are not the first person in this thread who is calling me a 'hacker'. I'm not here to educate people but sometimes it seems to be necessary to bring some light in here.

You guys apparently have no idea what a hacker is. Do your research. People like RSM, Appelbaum and Satoshy are hackers and so am I Smiley. Nothing wrong with being a hacker. What you mean is called a cracker. DDoS against others to do any harm can be associated with 'crackers' but related to 'anonymous' it's much more a simple form of any online protest and mostly against authorities driving the NWO agenda 21 further on. These DDoS attacks against any crypto currency service (especially exchanges) are much more likely initiated by 'big brother' themselves.

So give me at lest one plausible reason why I should be involved in this.

Btw: If you would know me you would know that I'm a bitcoin and litecoin enthusiast and don't have any intention in hurting them (short- and long-term). The reason for the pump we are trying to initiate is just to have a higher ltc prize as soon as Mt.Gox is starting with their tradings. Mt.Gox will drive the prize up to $10 or even more anyway what likely leads into a huge dump by some 'early' adopters. New adopters will be scared away 'again' like it was the case on bitcoins prize correction after the hype caused by mainstream media and Mt.Goxes rush issues. I would like to see a stabilized ltc prize higher than $10 but that seems to be very unlikely in the short-term anyway and possible in the long-term only.

+1

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:14:45 PM

anyone with a Vendetta mask avatar is clearly a hacker and up to no good.  Wink

As you can see I'm not responding to every stupid post. Even with your 'Wink', your comment is very inappropriate. You are not the first person in this thread who is calling me a 'hacker'. I'm not here to educate people but sometimes it seems to be necessary to bring some light in here.

You guys apparently have no idea what a hacker is. Do your research. People like RSM, Appelbaum and Satoshy are hackers and so am I Smiley. Nothing wrong with being a hacker. What you mean is called a cracker. DDoS against others to do any harm can be associated with 'crackers' but related to 'anonymous' it's much more a simple form of any online protest and mostly against authorities driving the NWO agenda 21 further on. These DDoS attacks against any crypto currency service (especially exchanges) are much more likely initiated by 'big brother' themselves.

So give me at lest one plausible reason why I should be involved in this.

Btw: If you would know me you would know that I'm a bitcoin and litecoin enthusiast and don't have any intention in hurting them (short- and long-term). The reason for the pump we are trying to initiate is just to have a higher ltc prize as soon as Mt.Gox is starting with their tradings. Mt.Gox will drive the prize up to $10 or even more anyway what likely leads into a huge dump by some 'early' adopters. New adopters will be scared away 'again' like it was the case on bitcoins prize correction after the hype caused by mainstream media and Mt.Goxes rush issues. I would like to see a stabilized ltc prize higher than $10 but that seems to be very unlikely in the short-term anyway and possible in the long-term only.

might want to re-calibrate your sarcasm detector hacker.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:50:36 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 11:23:42 PM by weav

They got hacked and all the big wallets emptied who shared their btc-e username and balance here earlier? Shocked

Troll alert once again? Don't be silly. I hope I don't have to explain why your concern is way out of anything real. Looks like they got DDoSed (once again), but it's just a guess: We don't know why btc-e is down for maintenance either right now. Don't panic guys. I think they will be up again very soon or at least letting us know what's going on (by twitter or this board here) sooner or later.

It's not as unrealistic as you seem to imply. Although I wasn't being entirely serious, assume the attacker got a db dump with single iteration password hashes. Knowing the valuable accounts they can prioritize their hash cracking efforts and it doesn't take much math to realize a decent mining rig cuts through, say, single iteration salted SHA256 password hashes of mediocre complexity passwords, which most sites and users are still using if anything, like a hot knife through butter.

Care to clarify why you were initially asking for the "btc-e username" (@mr_random doesn't matter whether this string is also an email address or not) and later removed that part, quoted below? This information is unnecessary for a pump.

Anyone with decent amount of money can make a pump. And benefit from it and from its announcement. Why do you suppose the guy that proposed this is a hacker?
Because of what he removed from the original post:

PM me with the following data:
 - btc-e username
 - the amount of BTC and/or USD you are able to invest (and is already sitting in your btc-e account)
 - preferred days and times in UTC (p.e. Mon-Fri from 09:00 to 11:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00)

msweb (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:01:36 PM

FYI: Btc-e is back up again.

Next development steps to go (I'm working on the designs):
1. A decentralized cryptoexchange protocol
2. A cryptocoin with a fix USD/Coin rate
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:02:55 PM

It's not as unrealistic as you seem to imply. Although I wasn't being entirely serious, assume the attacker got a db dump with single iteration password hashes. Knowing the valuable accounts they can prioritize their hash cracking efforts and it doesn't take much math to realize a decent mining rig cuts through, say, single iteration salted SHA256 password hashes of average complexity passwords, which most sites and users are still using if anything, like a hot knife through butter.

Care to clarify why you were initially asking for the "btc-e username" (@mr_random doesn't matter whether this string is also an email address or not) and later removed that part, quoted below? This information is unnecessary for a pump.

Anyone with decent amount of money can make a pump. And benefit from it and from its announcement. Why do you suppose the guy that proposed this is a hacker?
Because of what he removed from the original post:

PM me with the following data:
 - btc-e username
 - the amount of BTC and/or USD you are able to invest (and is already sitting in your btc-e account)
 - preferred days and times in UTC (p.e. Mon-Fri from 09:00 to 11:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00)

I would be laughing so hard if that's what actually happened.  Cheesy
weav

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 11:37:38 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 12:10:19 AM by weav

I'm not saying the above is what happened and btc-e being back up is an essential requirement in the hypothetical strategy of the attacker: obviously they would want to login after cracking the credentials.

Also the attacker would possibly have been able to dump the entire db, containing all the account balances anyway, but your undifferentiated dismissing the scenario as "way out of anything real" seems curiously inadequate to dissipate doubt.

So why were you asking for the btc-e username and further putting emphasis on the "BTC and/or USD already sitting in your btc-e account" particularly as there is no specific date target set yet but you explicitly asked to agree on a future date preferred by participants?

msweb (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:10:50 AM

I'm not saying the above is what happened and the attacker would possibly be able to dump the entire db, containing all the account balances anyway, but your undifferentiated dismissing the possibility as "way out of anything real" seems curiously inadequate to dissipate doubt. So why were you asking for the btc-e username and further putting emphasis on the "BTC and/or USD already sitting in your btc-e account" particularly as there is no specific date target set yet but you explicitly asked to agree on a future date preferred by participants?

It was because of reaching people by pm on btc-e instead of just in here. Read the entire original post quoted within the second post I believe. Some people claim within the trollbox to have lost some coins but I have no idea if they are just trolling or it's true and the dev team have to fully repair their db first. You'll see that there are no coins getting stolen at all.

Your described way of the hack doesn't make any sense. If someone is able to get a dumb from the db the chance they get the funds data too is very high. And even without that info: Wouldn't it make more sense to scan each account slowly over time instead of publicly asking for the data in here using an account with at least some reputation? What kind of pirate would do that?

weav

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:20:35 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 12:35:22 AM by weav

It was because of reaching people by pm on btc-e instead of just in here. Read the entire original post quoted within the second post I believe. Some people claim within the trollbox to have lost some coins but I have no idea if they are just trolling or it's true and the dev team have to fully repair their db first. You'll see that there are no coins getting stolen at all.

Your described way of the hack doesn't make any sense. If someone is able to get a dumb from the db the chance they get the funds data too is very high. And even without that info: Wouldn't it make more sense to scan each account slowly over time instead of publicly asking for the data in here using an account with at least some reputation? What kind of pirate would do that?

You would need at least some reputation to even get started wouldn't you? Also the chance being high doesn't equal the chance being 100%. It is entirely possible that an attacker was only able to dump the authentication table with the password hashes, and they would likely proceed in the way described. They wouldn't have time to scan slowly because btc-e would probably notice soon and then inform users to change their passwords.

As I said I'm not saying the above scenario happened, and frankly I don't believe it happened, still you didn't seem to even try to dispel the expressed doubts and simply dismissing the possibility as "way out of anything real" and "doesn't make any sense" seems rather dubious.

Quite ironic that people are now reporting missing coins though..

webcoinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:53:46 AM

pump it all upppppp....

to the roooffffff $266 all time... Cheesy
msweb (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:58:09 AM

You would need at least some reputation to even get started wouldn't you? Also the chance being high doesn't equal the chance being 100%. It is entirely possible that an attacker was only able to dump the authentication table with the password hashes, and they would likely proceed in the way described. They wouldn't have time to scan slowly because btc-e would probably notice soon and then inform users to change their passwords.

As I said I'm not saying the above scenario happened, and frankly I don't believe it happened, still you didn't seem to even try to dispel the expressed doubts and simply dismissing the possibility as "way out of anything real" and "doesn't make any sense" seems rather dubious.

Sorry for the intense denial. There is a small chance, right. I'm just sick of all the 'uh, something really bad is happening' stuff in here. The devs have already mentioned that they had some power issue within their data center which is very unlikely caused by any attackers especially not data pirates. I'm not here to argue with anyone in here. So, please let's get back to the topic.

Diamondstarfall

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:59:47 AM

I'm sorry OP, as much as you want LTC to go up so you can be rich. Making such thread for such purpose will not get your anywhere.
weav

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:07:21 AM

Sorry for the intense denial. There is a small chance, right. I'm just sick of all the 'uh, something really bad is happening' stuff in here. The devs have already mentioned that they had some power issue within their data center which is very unlikely caused by any attackers especially not data pirates. I'm not here to argue with anyone in here. So, please let's get back to the topic.

Alright, let's not get too stuck in hypothetical scenarios Grin Good luck with the pump. I don't have enough coins to participate but maybe I should start an "LTC dump" thread in the Bitcoin subforum first to get onboard Wink

msweb (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

I'm sorry OP, as much as you want LTC to go up so you can be rich. Making such thread for such purpose will not get your anywhere.

Please explain why this will not get me anywhere.

WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:53:36 AM

Wow trollbox is spilling over into the forum?  Roll Eyes

I second this. Very much!
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:06:18 AM

The result can either be:
you put money in to buy LTC, someone else get money out to sell

or

someone else put money in to buy LTC, you get money out to sell

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
Mogumodz

Activity: 290

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:31:28 AM

Nothing new, I can only say good luck to everyone.

People have been organising public pump and dumps for as long as I can remember via signup newsletters and newsgroups etc.

I'll just leave this here, it might entertain a few people more than anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDpPlrHgquM

Look and sound familiar ?

I've got my popcorn ready, Good luck everyone.

p.s best part is 3.34

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info
danish

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:35:39 AM

So is this happening by the weekend? I can join in by 50 BTC.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:40:04 PM

Something says in me you got thousands of LTC you wanna dump OP...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: