Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11638 times)
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:51:39 PM

Well, that is simply because gold has been here for the longest time than any other currencies out there. It can always be used wherever and whenever whatever happens. That is the advantage of gold.  Why choose one when you can have both?  Because even if gold makes you sure of your assets, bitcoin can increase your assets more. So make them.work together rather than comparing them.
I agree gold has history and quite the track record of being both a store of value and also having real-world application ranging from medical to electronics and even many other scientific areas, but bitcoin is yet to fully prove how much of a digital asset it really is. The conceptual framework for bitcoin network only accords it as a p2p digital transaction utility. The world is still worming its way into understanding exactly what that means, and if there's more to it. But not too long Bitcoin has been touted as the digital gold which suffices to say that what bitcoin accomplishes in the online world can be a relative composite of what real gold does in the real world.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kita Kita

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:55:13 PM

Maybe because gold has a real physical form so most businesspeople tend to use it in investing and most likely gold is more popular in the future along with the increase of enthusiasts.
I think there are still some people saying that gold is more better over bitcoin because until now the popularity of bitcoin is too sml compare to gold, and for me people says that gold is better, because they still dont know what is the real benefits of bitcoin.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
mikhaila2304

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:59:39 PM

because the price of gold is stable .. and gold can be made jewelry
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:04:32 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
The main reason is because gold is more popular than bitcoin! The gold also proved that the price of it is rising up because of the demand of the people. I think it is the reason why many people are saying that gold is more good investment than bitcoins.
I think the reason is that gold is forever. If we have gold we can sell it anywhere thru pawnshops or you may go directly to your central bank list and change it directly to fiat anytime. We cannot say bitcoin is forever specially that the price is fluctuating and it will always depend on the internet in which if internet will gone so the bitcoin will gone too like in event of a world war III in which a nuclear war that have capability to destroy everything including the internet but gold can be use anytime and anywhere.
Derbi Fransisco

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:11:32 PM

because in any country in this world has been acknowledged since our ancestors that the treasure that has a high selling value in the appeal of other jewelry. If bitcoin is only a certain instance and the owner is only a little bit.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:13:09 PM

Wow this is bullshit.

Because we can make jewels out of them, it doesn't mean that we all love gold more than bitcoins or cryptos, that is just bullshit.

Gold is pretty, anyway, but it does not make any sense
because the price of gold is stable .. and gold can be made jewelry

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:08:32 PM

If you look on the history of currency, gold is the oldest known to mankind. It has been widely used since the ancient times, they bought anything using  it. Until people realized that gold is heavy, and they found another one that also came from the ground. But one of the most useful as of today is the paper currency which came from China.

If people say that gold is the better option, I would agree with them because, gold is still widely used as a store of value ever since and bitcoin was created from 2009, it's still a baby in the market with a volatility in the market.

The one thing I'm not sure of is how gold retained its price and position on the market.

Just let time pass, and soon people will realize that producing gold needs a huge amount of manpower and can potentially harm every miners lives and our precious planet.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:21:26 PM

If you look on the history of currency, gold is the oldest known to mankind. It has been widely used since the ancient times, they bought anything using  it. Until people realized that gold is heavy, and they found another one that also came from the ground. But one of the most useful as of today is the paper currency which came from China.

If people say that gold is the better option, I would agree with them because, gold is still widely used as a store of value ever since and bitcoin was created from 2009, it's still a baby in the market with a volatility in the market.

The one thing I'm not sure of is how gold retained its price and position on the market.

Just let time pass, and soon people will realize that producing gold needs a huge amount of manpower and can potentially harm every miners lives and our precious planet.
Yes and the only reason can be that gold exists for a long time. while bitcoin is new emerging online currency. In fact still a lot of people do not any knowledge, i think that when they will come to know about bitcoin they will certainly start taking interest in bitcoin and will surely make good profit from therer. Therefore i think that it is our responsibility to teach them about bitcoin.
wanimulyo

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:55:38 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

about bitcoin, maybe they do not know yet.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:09:30 PM

gold is better because the value is more stable, unlike bitcoin/crypto, the value runs like roller coaster, up and down in such wide range of price in a few moment.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:11:17 PM

Some people says that gold is better because they're not yet familiar with bitcoin compared to gold as investment tgey should know that bitcoin is better than anything else when you hold bitcoin and wait for the time that bitcoin will reach its high price thats the time to sell to get a bigger profit.

Nope, Gold is way more better. Bitcoin might be more expensive that Gold and other good metal investments but Gold is better than Bitcoin when we are talking about time. Gold is slow in terms of movement but it is a good investment and the risk is lower than volatile digital currencies.
lowellsniper

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:21:18 PM

If we compare both Bitcoin and Gold and which is better, it doesn't mean that if one of them is easier to spend and which is accepted by stores and restaurants it is better. Bitcoin is created to be a currency that is why some stores accepting it but since it isn't widely used there still few who accept it as payment, while gold is a precious metal and a good store of value but you cannot use it directly to pay for restaurants and markets because they can not quickly check whether this is authentic or not. There are still lots of things to consider before deciding which one is better, it may be easier to use bitcoin to pay for things but gold is better when it comes to store of value.

Yes i really agree both of you, bicoin is better, you can use it easily in some payments, in buying while gold you just sell it first when you need money, but yes, gold is also better when talking of store value.

AgentR

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

Some people says that gold is better because they're not yet familiar with bitcoin compared to gold as investment tgey should know that bitcoin is better than anything else when you hold bitcoin and wait for the time that bitcoin will reach its high price thats the time to sell to get a bigger profit.

Nope, Gold is way more better. Bitcoin might be more expensive that Gold and other good metal investments but Gold is better than Bitcoin when we are talking about time. Gold is slow in terms of movement but it is a good investment and the risk is lower than volatile digital currencies.

Wow. I read this last page...so many people are parroting fallacy of gold! Absolutely no understanding of basics of anything. It's no mistake, bankers have mislead public for many decades concerning gold.

Bitcoin is not 'more expensive' than gold. Bitcoin and gold can be broken down into a variety of units. The 'value' or 'price' of something is determined by a market cap. MarketCap meaning: The total implied value of the entire supply, combined. The 'value' we place on arbitrary 'units' (one bitcoin, one oz of gold) has absolutely nothing to do with 'price'. Price is a function derived from TOTAL supply. IE: 21million btc, or ~4.5b oz of gold. Again, 1 bitcoin being worth 7,000 or 1 oz of gold worth 1,200 is completely irrelevant. It's simply a rather arbitrary unit that in reality gets no more use than any other potential unit. The only reason for valuing one bitcoin or 1 oz of gold is a reference point to which we can comprehend a value better. The "price" of gold is a lot higher if we look at kilograms, or troy pounds. FFS! Again, price is really irrelevant, you don't buy a stock because it's $3 a share. $3 share is just a reflection of the true value which is company value / shares existing. If you want to look at what is more 'valuable' (valuable being the only metric that means a shit) than gold is multitudes more valuable. Because again, you must consider the entire supplies value, not a man-made fraction used for accounting purposes!
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:11:41 PM

Well,  In my opinion.  I find bitcoin more better than gold because it's a new modern way to invest and you can also convert it to money or paying bills. On the other hand,  gold is good as well,  since it's been a good investment for centuries.  However,  it takes years for you to take advantage of the added value.  Bitcoin is much faster when it comes on earning,  however,  not all the times bitcoin is up,  sometimes the value goes down.  But I will go for bitcoin.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:17:40 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 11:31:28 PM by Easteregg69

In a game I play called fallout 4 I pay with soda bottle caps. (I had some children bringing me a lot one day wondering what was going on all around. Chilling in my favorite place. Now i know why. True story.. Real life.)

Scenario. 200 Years after a nuclear apocalypse these caps are so rare that they have gained value. Perhaps for the inherited memories from before the big catastrophy. Inflation is dictated by how many is found in the wasteland. That is were the proof of work concept kicks in. Search and find. Do it better than the rest and you will earn better than the rest.

Digging up gold is a tough one. I admire that.

So you better save those caps guys ;-)

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:50:10 PM

Well,  In my opinion.  I find bitcoin more better than gold because it's a new modern way to invest and you can also convert it to money or paying bills. On the other hand,  gold is good as well,  since it's been a good investment for centuries.  However,  it takes years for you to take advantage of the added value.  Bitcoin is much faster when it comes on earning,  however,  not all the times bitcoin is up,  sometimes the value goes down.  But I will go for bitcoin.
Bitcoin is one of the assets that are in great demand, because the price can rise drastically in just a short time. If gold takes a long time to get the price up, I like bitcoin and gold but more main in bitcoin.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:51:10 PM

because gold is something that people have been using and investing in for thousands of years. That is why most people things that gold is the most guaranteed way to save funds. and they are right. it is not sso much profitable maybe but you can use and exchange it anytime and anywhere.

turn the page
Wipangga

Activity: 600
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:14:14 AM

actually gold and bitcoin are just as good, but in my opinion the golden future is still good with the future of bitcoin,
because for me bitcoin from year to year the price will rise higher than the purchase price, while the gold price in the future will tend to be lower, so I still like investing bitcoin from gold.
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:52:26 AM

If they are not involved in crypto currency . They chosen gold . And say its better than btc.
But when you are have no gold and engage in bitcoin industry. You will choose btc right.?
Because you know about the benificial form of it.
Olrac

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

There is a saying that bitcoin is the new gold in today's generation but these two investments have their own disadvantages and advantages. Gold as compared to bitcoin is less volatile which is much better. Gold has limited supply similar to other precious metals and bitcoin. It is durable and safe unlike bitcoin which is prone to hacking or scam.
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: