Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a reliable re-seller of Avalon chips for testing a new design?  (Read 9594 times)
aeronautical (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 01:39:31 AM

We would like to buy 100 of the Avalon ASICs for testing purposes of a new PCB.
Is there anyone out there with a supply that can ship today.

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:30:50 AM

We would like to buy 100 of the Avalon ASICs for testing purposes of a new PCB.
Is there anyone out there with a supply that can ship today.

Are you joking, or not paying attention?  Avalon hasn't shipped any bulk chip orders yet.  The only thing they have shipped is sample chips - 30 sample chips to each person who has ordered; those have largely been distributed to existing board developers.

Nobody can ship you what they haven't received yet lol
aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 02:53:11 AM

Has anyone ordered from http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/994289436/Avalon_chip_A3256_Q48_avalon_asic.html Ailbaba?
Just wondering if this is a scam we are wanting a few for testing a new PCB.

Also good to know that the Bitcoin community hasn't lost there sense of humour.

Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:50:31 AM

Might be sample chips or scam, cant know for sure until you bought some ^^

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
Coinmining

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:03:57 AM

I know for a fact that the samples are shipped in another casing...

This is how they arrived here:

http://i43.tinypic.com/serul5.jpg

The 10000 chip batches have not yet been shipped by Avalon. We did recieve an email saying it will be not long from now.
aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:27:28 AM

Can you test just one and let us know if they are real?

Thanks

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:36:48 AM

Thanks

Are you totally clueless? Or are you attempting to bluff your way through PCB design without reading anything in these forums?!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:12:44 PM

Thanks

Are you totally clueless? Or are you attempting to bluff your way through PCB design without reading anything in these forums?!!
Interesting, why would I try to bluff anything? I don’t understand your comments. It’s very simple to test a single chip just because it’s screen printed with a logo doesn’t mean it’s authentic. It was a simple question if someone had purchased chips from the Alibaba supplier and got one working. Microchip and many other manufactures will produce screen printed semicustom devices in the same package for a small charge with a logo printed on it. I was also a hardware engineer for Cadence Design Systems in San Jose we did lots of ground up semicustom designs all the time.

So can you explain to me why I am clueless?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:29:09 PM

Thanks

Interesting, why would I try to bluff anything? I don’t understand your comments. It’s very simple to test a single chip just because it’s screen printed with a logo doesn’t mean it’s authentic. It was a simple question if someone had purchased chips from the Alibaba supplier and got one working. Microchip and many other manufactures will produce screen printed semicustom devices in the same package for a small charge with a logo printed on it. I was also a hardware engineer for Cadence Design Systems in San Jose we did lots of ground up semicustom designs all the time.

Well you've either not read anything on this forum, or done any research, or you would know whether;

1) An Alibaba supplier exists.
2) Whether those chips are real.
3) Why no one's reselling you 100 Avalon Chips.
4) Why no one is going to resell you 100 Avalon Chips.

It's quite rude to presume other people should and will do your own legwork. Search for yourself, read and do your own research. There's tonnes of threads on these very subjects.

aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:22:58 PM

Thanks

Well you've either not read anything on this forum, or done any research, or you would know whether;

1) An Alibaba supplier exists.
2) Whether those chips are real.
3) Why no one's reselling you 100 Avalon Chips.
4) Why no one is going to resell you 100 Avalon Chips.

It's quite rude to presume other people should and will do your own legwork. Search for yourself, read and do your own research. There's tonnes of threads on these very subjects.

If the Alibaba supplier is real and the devices are Avalon Spec chips why wouldn't they sell me 100 of them?
I understand they are a high price but for the purposes of testing we might buy them, so what is your point?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:38:40 PM

The point seems to be it is vanishingly unlikely the alibaba scammers are anything other than scammers; having any real chips for sale is so unlikely only a total idiot would have bought one and such an idiot probably isn't a great electronics guy who can test it for you even if some kind of object looking superficially like a chip had even been received from the alibaba people.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:58:19 PM

Exactly why I was asking the question, thanks. One post here from "Coinmining" seems they have ordered the Alibaba devices. I was wondering
if they have one functioning.

It's ok though, others from this forum have offered a devices for testing purposes.
and I would like to thank Bitcoin.de for the offer of help and the sample.
Again thanks...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:40:42 PM

Of course it's not real, Avalon hasn't had the chips manufactured, let alone distributed yet, which you would know if you spent even 30seconds in any Avalon related thread (or most others).

tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:50:38 PM

Exactly why I was asking the question, thanks. One post here from "Coinmining" seems they have ordered the Alibaba devices. I was wondering
if they have one functioning.

Nope, read their post, those are the 30 samples they received from avalon after ordering 10,000.

Why don't you order some from 'Shenzhen Goldtech' and come back and tell us the result?
aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:21:47 PM

Of course it's not real, Avalon hasn't had the chips manufactured, let alone distributed yet, which you would know if you spent even 30seconds in any Avalon related thread (or most others).
It's just not cricket is it Bitcoinorama, some of us just have our heads down and our bums up in E-CAD after all we design it,
that's right we invented (SCALD,@ Valid Logic Systems) then sold it to Cadence and no we have nothing for sale here and no per-orders! So fuck off.
So next time your at KncMiner ask Johan if he need's a Cadence floor planner, why because the work done at opencores.org was sensational.

and for all of you clueless people SCALD = Structured Computer Aided Logic Design

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:32:40 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 03:56:19 PM by Bitcoinorama

It's just not cricket is it Bitcoinorama, some of us just have our heads down and our bums up in E-CAD after all we design it,
that's right we invented (SCALD,@ Valid Logic Systems) then sold it to Cadence and no we have nothing for sale here and no per-orders! So fuck off.
So next time your at KncMiner ask Johan if he need's a Cadence floor planner, why because the work done at opencores.org was sensational.

and for all of you clueless people SCALD = Structured Computer Aided Logic Design

Aww did I touch a lilwl nerve? Sorry should we all have expected you your eminence. I'll run and gather my research for you, a thousand pardons...

Wtf? You enter here unannounced, asking n00b questions, 5 minutes in any Avalon thread could have resolved and then get bitchy laying down the 'do you know who I am?' card when called on your laziness. You seem real professional. Doubt ORSoC would have guessed who you are without you informing them in the first place either. Doubt you blunder your way through the iterative design process on your previous projects with such lacklustre research, which is odd considering the assumed talent. Pretty much every other post here has been in agreement with my way of thinking with respect to asking such questions in a new thread. Are you really planning on entering this blind?

You cannot buy any Avalon chips today.

The guy in Alibaba is a scam.

There are a shit load of scams and they often start from people pretending to be new to this so people are weary of posts like yours.

There are 30 maximum chips sent to each wallet that buys a minimum of 10k chips. So if you buy 100k from one wallet you get 30. Buy 100k over 10 wallets you get 300, understand?

Only samples have been sent.

Avalon's chips haven't been made yet or are in the process.

BitSyncom haven't touched the wallet containing monies for 100 orders containing 10,000 chips.

You are incredibly lazy and could have found this out in a few threads, 10 minutes tops. You rubbed everyone else up the wrong way, asking for answers you could have easily found yourself, not the other way round. The forum, all all forums, including opencores, have a search function. Try it.

There is even one thread where you could strike a deal with a guy looking for someone like you, had you come across as the opposite of lazy, and rude, you may have had more help there. Now, if you want it, go find it. Good luck.

aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:54:22 PM

Aww did I touch a lilwl nerve? Sorry should we all have expected you your eminence. I'll run and gather my research for you, a thousand pardons...

Wtf? You enter here unannounced, asking n00b questions, 5 minutes in any Avalon thread could have resolved and then get bitchy laying down the 'do you know who I am?' card when called on your laziness. You seem real professional. Doubt ORSoC would have guessed who you are without you informing them in the first place. Doubt you blunder your way through the iterative design process on your previous projects with such lacklustre research either, which is odd considering the assumed talent. Pretty much every other post here has been in agreement with my way of thinking with respect to asking such questions in a new thread. Are you really planning on entering this blind?

There are a shit load of scams and they often start from people pretending to be new to this so people are weary of posts like yours.

There are 30 maximum chips sent to each wallet that buys a minimum of 10k chips. So if you buy 100k from one wallet you get 30. Buy 100k over 10 wallets you get 300, understand?

BitSyncom haven't touched the wallet containing monies for 100 orders containing 10,000 chips.

You are incredibly lazy and could have found this out in a few threads, 10 minutes tops. You rubbed everyone else up the wrong way, asking for answers you could have easily found yourself, not the other way round. The forum, all all forums, including opencores, have a search function. Try it.

There is even one thread where you could strike a deal with a guy looking for someone like you, had you come across as the opposite of lazy, and rude, you may have had more help there. Now, if you want it, go find it. Good luck.
So what would you like me to post? a PCB, Chip?, a Whole new ASIC design?
I'm not here to famous I just don't like banks.

Coinmining

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:56:19 PM

To get some issues clear:

These are the sample chips from our batch we bought at Avalon. We have received them a few weeks ago.
Avalon is not delivering the rest of the chips yet. Next week the first batches will probably get delivered. We are expecting the rest of our chips (9970) mid of july.

99.9999% chance this offer from Alibaba is fake! Do not order from him.

FOB Price:   US $28 - 30 / Piece Get Latest Price
Port:   sz
Minimum Order Quantity:   
80 Piece/Pieces
Supply Ability:   100000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Payment Terms:   D/P,T/T,Western Union

He can supply 100000 pieces each month  Grin
sry but this is insane

we offer asic's on www.asic-chips.com and they will be sent when we have them in hand
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:59:30 PM

Wtf? You enter here unannounced, asking n00b questions, 5 minutes in any Avalon thread could have resolved and then get bitchy laying down the 'do you know who I am?' card when called on your laziness. You seem real professional. Doubt ORSoC would have guessed who you are without you informing them in the first place. Doubt you blunder your way through the iterative design process on your previous projects with such lacklustre research either, which is odd considering the assumed talent. Pretty much every other post here has been in agreement with my way of thinking with respect to asking such questions in a new thread. Are you really planning on entering this blind?

So what would you like me to post? a PCB, Chip?, a Whole new ASIC design?
I'm not here to famous I just don't like banks.

He needs you, you need him. You're welcome, and yes something to do with your background would have given a better idea as to who and why you were asking, and of what benefit to the community your future knowledge would be...in either case he only has 30 chips now, the rest come as and when.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244466.0

aeronautical (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

To get some issues clear:

These are the sample chips from our batch we bought at Avalon. We have received them a few weeks ago.
Avalon is not delivering the rest of the chips yet. Next week the first batches will probably get delivered. We are expecting the rest of our chips (9970) mid of july.

99.9999% chance this offer from Alibaba is fake! Do not order from him.

FOB Price:   US $28 - 30 / Piece Get Latest Price
Port:   sz
Minimum Order Quantity:   
80 Piece/Pieces
Supply Ability:   100000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Payment Terms:   D/P,T/T,Western Union

He can supply 100000 pieces each month  Grin
sry but this is insane

we offer asic's on www.asic-chips.com and they will be sent when we have them in hand

Ok Understood the Alibaba chips are a SCAM, and Bitcoinorama is quite right I have not done the required R&D re: supply chain.
So no one is mislead. Sorry i didn't understand your first post.
Thanks we have everything we need.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: