Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I have a FIAT loan I want to pay off.  Can I do it without touching FIAT?
Yes of course you can - 19 (34.5%)
There is no way, you'll need to touch the money - 23 (41.8%)
What is FIAT? - 13 (23.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I pay off my loan without using FIAT before the end of the week?  (Read 27444 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hambalan

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:14:45 PM

Yep, I that's what I seek.

What price are you looking for?

https://imageshack.us/a/img801/791/wn.png
seller (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:31:47 PM

The highest one I can get for my coins, obviously.  Mt Gox + 10%.  What are you offering?
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:54:29 PM

§ 3-603. TENDER OF PAYMENT.
(b) If tender of payment of an obligation to pay an instrument is made to a person entitled to enforce the instrument and the tender is refused, there is discharge, to the extent of the amount of the tender
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/3/3-603.html

If you tender a payment in BTC and it is kept( in which case it is assumed accepted ) or refused, the obligation will be discharged, following the UCC.

Would that only apply for legal tender? So if you offer them dollars for your debt and they say they don't want your dollars, then the debt is discharged, but if you offer them chickens (or bitcoins) and they refuse you still owe them the dollar amount?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:58:26 PM

Kindly stay on track.  You can start your own thread to debate the law.  This is my thread about selling coin.  Who wants to buy?
Geddi

Activity: 98

It's the muffins that must be stopped.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:58:34 PM

There is no third party just the buyer and my bank.  The buyer of the coins pays my debt by placing cash into my account.  You can make it sound more complicated if you want but I don't see the point.  

I see a point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16549406

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/257977-paying-on-someone-elses-loan-can-get-your-name-added-to-the-account/
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:03:08 PM

All I want is cash deposited in an account.  The bank doesn't even need your name.  Again you are trying to make this complicated, it is not.  I am selling coin to a person who is putting cash into a bank.  

The reason you find this odd is that apparently nobody has ever asked to sell their coin at a premium.  If you want cheap coins go buy them from gox.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:07:46 PM

Kindly stay on track.  You can start your own thread to debate the law.  This is my thread about selling coin.  Who wants to buy?

I think it is on-topic to discuss this. If he is right, then you could simply offer your bitcoins to your bank, no need for a middleman. If they refuse then you no longer have to pay the loan, and if they take the bitcoins then your plan has succeeded.

TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:09:32 PM

I think it is on-topic to discuss this. If he is right, then you could simply offer your bitcoins to your bank, no need for a middleman. If they refuse then you no longer have to pay the loan, and if they take the bitcoins then your plan has succeeded.

But then he doesn't get a 10% premium!

seller (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Fair enough, I'll try to pay the loan with bitcoin and see what happens.  After clearing the note I will still have lots of coin to sell, at a premium...
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:36:32 AM

Auction ended without a winning bidder.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:43:48 AM

To be honest, by the end of the week I do not see you paying this off. Best of luck, though.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Peter Lambert

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:23:56 AM

Auction ended without a winning bidder.

That is not surprising, bitcoins have been trending down the past couple weeks, why would anybody pay you a premium for bitcoins when they can just wait and have their order filled lower next week?

natbyte

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:48:58 AM

No surprise at all, your financial experiment failed, however it was worth a try. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained!
seller (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:38:07 PM

No surprise at all, your financial experiment failed, however it was worth a try. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained!

+1
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:33:47 PM

it only failed imho because he never clarified what he was offering on top to the person helping him~"..you get bitcoins."..lol
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: