Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the future of ERC 20 tokens and Fork Coins?  (Read 237 times)
bradleyb21 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:57:32 PM

I am still trying to understand the purpose of an ER20 token like Golem, or a fork Token like Ethereum Classic or HUSH. What is everybody's opinion on the future of these projects?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:58:44 PM

I am still trying to understand the purpose of an ER20 token like Golem, or a fork Token like Ethereum Classic or HUSH. What is everybody's opinion on the future of these projects?

grimm mostly

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

About forked coins, with every simultaneous fork, excitement among people about fork is decreasing as fork is nothing but an addition on Blockchain with zero utility. If forks are really meant to fulfill the Bitcoin's discrepancy of scalablilty then we would need only single fork. Why there are more and more forks coming? No logic.

Now coming to ERC20 tokens. Suppose you go for a job interview, employer won't recruit you just because you are human! You need to have some skills in addition. Similarly, if someone created token and have nothing to flaunt about token other than it's specification like number of tokens, script used, etc, etc. it means token has zero future. But if ERC20 token shows some extra-ordinary utility, it can run successful ICO and become mainstream cryptocurrency even in 2018!
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:09:30 PM

Any token built on any altcoin is suppose to bring utility to that alt while the token built on such alt can be used and applied in a way to make life easier based on the capacity snd objectives of such alt!
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:12:24 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 05:40:47 PM by KingScorpio

they are similar like stocks or shareholder rights but compared with the established paper certifications currently stored in communal banks, better understandable and more decentral, less complicated, with weak developed legislation codex, the weaker developer legislation codex, attracts young people to found start ups, and be active and creative in the economy, thats what the current overregulated financial market isnt capable to do, young people constantly fear risks, so they dont found a company,

this fact makes icos actually inevitable future and part of the financial market ethereum is just a service among others in this.

without ICOs the economy becomes overregulated and communist style with big and rich established people and their heirs beeing the only ones able to lend and building stupid uncreative communist style cashcows,

here is a satalite photo of the social result of this in my community in germany

here for example this is a construction side for luxury appartments in my city, these are four standardised luxury appartment build and planned four times all equally as cash cows for a certain income level group among the cities population, by rich central authority with privileged access to the financial system.

this is modern communist style economy, similar like in the soviet union, and it is basically showing how broken the regionalist financial system has become, very uncreative and stupid, there u see why icos are quite important,

icos give diversity and more adaptable decentral creativity for the economy

hope this helped

regards

richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:18:00 PM

Nobody here cares about technology tbh. I was quite optimistic about altcoins and trading some 4-5 months ago. But bitcoin has broken that optimism really hard. I see people following pumps and investing without any logic. Market is going illogical. In such times investing in any altcoin is just like burning your money. Long term hodlers are deep in loss. At this moment instead of going for long term hodl coin. Go for day trade and keep max percentage of your portfolio in btc.
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:26:05 PM

man... if you make a research about every coin you will understand :|
Golem is a super computer
ethereum classic has its own summit etcsummit.com/resources - you can watch 10 hours of video and understand what it is
Hush is just ZCash fork that has its own goals too , they have some interesting ideas that taken by other projects already
Luigi_LP

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

I think that all the cryptocurrencies can have a future if they have a true project behind them it doesn't matter if they are forks, ERC 20, ERC 23 or other...for example I think that a project like Gilgamesh Platform, that has a top notch team, a very active community supporting them, and a clear roadmap will exist also if it is an ERC 20 instead of a new blockchain
Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:04:57 PM

Of course, there are a lot of coins/tokens created using own fancy blockchains, airdroping way, etc..
Such coins are not backed by any sensible product, service or asset.
What you gonna to do with such coins, except hyip moments of pumping and dumping of such coins?

Nowadays, it's hard to conduct/promote even good altcoin project as people are focused on Bitcoin

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:56:14 PM

The ERC20 markers have their own specific niche, but not all. Some of the tokens produced as a result of the ICO were not thought out, not fully prepared, or useless. Some tokens ceased to be supported after they entered the exchange. Therefore, a significant part of these tokens will cease to be traded as not having any value and will die, it is at least 70 - 80 percent. As for the coins that have separated from bitcoin, the situation here is more complicated. To assess such coins, it takes a fairly long time. So, for example, at first, almost everything is to express a sharply negative attitude with regard to bitcoin in cash. Now this coin shows itself quite well and has a good rate of about fifteen hundred dollars.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:07:09 PM

Forking have no future as it got no utility.
ERC20 tokens future is based on its uniqueness and project success prospective. It's just like investing in a stock.
dwnrck

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:35:34 PM

Fork coins might work though, it all depends on the will of the holders. So far they haven't, but that might change.

ERC20 tokens: there's a lot of variation.

Tech based coins have a lot of potential, especially when they solve actual problems. Look at Raiden, AppCoins, these kind of coins.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:27:36 AM

Nobody here cares about technology tbh. I was quite optimistic about altcoins and trading some 4-5 months ago. But bitcoin has broken that optimism really hard. I see people following pumps and investing without any logic. Market is going illogical. In such times investing in any altcoin is just like burning your money. Long term hodlers are deep in loss. At this moment instead of going for long term hodl coin. Go for day trade and keep max percentage of your portfolio in btc.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:08:05 AM

There are too many ERC 20 tokens out there and it will varies on how the developers are going to work to make that token great.

Generalizing the future of ERC20 tokens, there is a good potential for a coin that will be created through that contract.

And as for fork coins, there will be some that will get dump and there will forked coins that will have the edge only if they'll get a lot of supporters in the community.

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:33:08 AM

Depends on their enhanced utilities and of course the ability to go mainstream before the prime does it's own good, but still there are too much such fork and usually they are just labelled as p & d easily when real motive couldn't be seen among them. The only exception is those legitimate ones like bcc that was supported fairly by the community. 80% of them would just fall in time, just see how their short ends and left nothing but baggers.

abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:43:29 AM

The future of ERC 20 is based on the value of the project outcome, if the roadmap in the white paper is achieved with regard to success implementation of the project then the token become valuable. But fork coins is to add improvement to the existing blockchain.

bitlayer

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:27:47 AM

Since ERC20 is a protocol standard for trading, I believe the future of such tokens depends on their quality and of the product they are related to. Taking for example, AppCoins, a crypto asset for the app economy. They are aimed for an industry that forecasts to double in value and users by 2020, so projections are that it will increase its value on the next few years. As for fork coins, considering all the trouble involved on software update and all, I think they are trickier to work with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: