Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ways of making bitcoins.  (Read 1329 times)
Nutu2000 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:01:06 AM

Hello! I'm new here, to the world of bitcoins. Just discovered it few days ago and since the I am so eager in getting some coins. I tried mining but it just doesn't cut for me. My computer is just the laziest on the planet and at the current requirements, mining just doesn't cut for me. It gives me only a few MH/s.  Angry

So my question is this: is there another way of rising bitcoins, other than mining? I've found some sites that give free bitcoins but I think I should visit them daily for about a year to be able to withdraw from any of them (maybe not that much, but you get my point). I am not looking to get bitcoins for absolutely nothing. No one will give you money for nothing in return, but... something else than mining for years in a row only to get a bitcoin.
andylondon

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:09:47 AM

Create a service or product that will appeal to bitcoin users and, of course, ask them to pay in bitcoin.

Andy.
benedictwatson

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

Buy lots when they are cheap and sell when they are worth more. You'll get a net increase in your money so you can buy more next time
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:13:06 AM

coinchat.org Smiley
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:14:21 AM

coinchat.org Smiley

a sure way to get rich quick ;P

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:17:09 AM

If you chat normally anyways, why not?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:32:45 AM

Good point.

ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:55:07 AM

bitvisitor

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:00:09 AM

bitvisitor

The don't give out much though.

Nutu2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:54:10 PM

yes, that's true. Smiley)
Interesting coinchat.org, though.

bitvisitor

The don't give out much though.
yes, they don't but neither coichat.org.

These two site are very interesting. The idea behind coinchat.org is, I think, a premier. I don't think that it exist something like this nowhere in the world. As for bitvisitor the implementation of that old sistem is so... wow! I am amazed by the possibility that Bitcoin offered and how simple is everything.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2952

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:10:10 PM

You could enter Raffles and giveaways. Maybe take a shot at different bounties offered(depending on your skills). Also, a few bitcoin micro-jobs sites are out there. Don't know wich ones are more popular, but you can find them easy.

As about raffles, there's one in my signature. You can find more raffles on the forums.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:12:20 PM

Sell something you don't want anymore below it's value.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Glowie

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:52:00 PM

An "easy" way to get bitcoins is trading with bitcoins. If you are good and lucky, they will increase ;-)
Nutu2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:03:23 PM

An "easy" way to get bitcoins is trading with bitcoins. If you are good and lucky, they will increase ;-)

What do you mean? And how can I trade with them?
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:21:16 PM

Look up some of the exchanges (MtGox, BTC-E, Bitstamp, CampBX), find out how they allow funding to/from and try out the user interfaces, then pick the one that works best for you. Send them money and buy bitcoins, if the price of bitcoins goes up, sell some and then buy them back later when the price goes down again. Then you can withdraw your money and you have some bitcoins.

The other thing you can do if you buy some bitcoins as stated above is send them to one of the bitcoin stock exchanges (MPEx, BitFunder, or BTCT) and then use them to trade bitcoin stocks. You can buy low and sell high to make some bitcoins, or invest in dividend giving stocks and just earn some bitcoins slowly.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:29:55 PM

When trading, you should be aware that "buy low, sell high" is a pretty good rule but it only works if there is a "high" after the "low" at which you bought.
Knowing in advance whether a given exchange rate is "low" and will be followed by a "high" is the basic skill a trader must acquire Grin

Onkel Paul

(I never learned this skill - probably I'm too optimistic...)

Nutu2000 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:33:53 PM

Look up some of the exchanges (MtGox, BTC-E, Bitstamp, CampBX), find out how they allow funding to/from and try out the user interfaces, then pick the one that works best for you. Send them money and buy bitcoins, if the price of bitcoins goes up, sell some and then buy them back later when the price goes down again. Then you can withdraw your money and you have some bitcoins.

The other thing you can do if you buy some bitcoins as stated above is send them to one of the bitcoin stock exchanges (MPEx, BitFunder, or BTCT) and then use them to trade bitcoin stocks. You can buy low and sell high to make some bitcoins, or invest in dividend giving stocks and just earn some bitcoins slowly.

Interesting. I've never thought of this. Smiley) I'll definitely take a look at this possibility.

When trading, you should be aware that "buy low, sell high" is a pretty good rule but it only works if there is a "high" after the "low" at which you bought.
Knowing in advance whether a given exchange rate is "low" and will be followed by a "high" is the basic skill a trader must acquire Grin

Onkel Paul

(I never learned this skill - probably I'm too optimistic...)

Same here, I don't think I'll be able to learn the skills required, but why not give it a chance, especially in the dividends which are less risky, as far as I know.  Cheesy

Anyone any other ideas. I see that everybody here has something up hiss sleeve. So please share! Cheesy
Physical-LTC

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

Get a job, work hard, buy bitcoin.
fontera

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:47:39 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 05:11:50 PM by fontera

Check out this thread, It's for a giveaway by just-dice.com owned by dooglus, just go to his website, copy your user id and post it in the thread and you get 0.01BTC, takes 2 minutes to do, TOR for anonymity  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org?topic=238613.0
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 05:05:45 PM

Another thing you can do is invest in a simple, (fairly) cheap ASICS such as the Block Eruptor USB. They just slashed their prices down to 1 BTC. This is what I'm doing (while waiting for bigger ASICS). They have group buys going on all the time. The one I'm going to enter (as soon as I'm out of the newb zone) is this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243137.0

Regardless of whether it will pay for itself or not, it's a nice little investment that will keep paying for a while (I assume it uses next to no electricity).

Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: