Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:38:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next financial crisis and cryptocurrencies.  (Read 1010 times)
NeoTech42

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:19:16 PM

The current crisis in cryptocurrencies is due to the growth of scams or hacking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:31:13 PM

When the crisis comes, the fiat money becomes scarce.
Very interesting, crypto currencies will become a "safe haven" for investors?
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:27:13 AM

Real world crisis will make jobss easy for cryptocurrencies i think. Peoples will begin to debate the value and credibility of state money. Crypto money will gain more credibility.

This will actually make the cypto currencies more powerful because when the investors will not get any return on financial asset class then they will switch to other products and thus cypto currencies will be on their plans. Thus a huge investment would be received and demand will soar thus leading to more high price rise.

Wont BTC and all cryptocurrencies also fail if there was a global financial crisis? The traction BTC has gained is not enough to make it a self sustaining financial system because we still base its value on fiat. Think about it, it's fiat that's making BTC fly. Without it we would not give a crap about BTC.
lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:50:44 AM

Real world crisis will make jobss easy for cryptocurrencies i think. Peoples will begin to debate the value and credibility of state money. Crypto money will gain more credibility.

This will actually make the cypto currencies more powerful because when the investors will not get any return on financial asset class then they will switch to other products and thus cypto currencies will be on their plans. Thus a huge investment would be received and demand will soar thus leading to more high price rise.

Wont BTC and all cryptocurrencies also fail if there was a global financial crisis? The traction BTC has gained is not enough to make it a self sustaining financial system because we still base its value on fiat. Think about it, it's fiat that's making BTC fly. Without it we would not give a crap about BTC.
I'm not completely sure with that,could be the same case for example with precious metals,so that when there is a recurrent or sudden crisis sometimes the value of metals rises considerably and also its value is intrisically related to fiat,that's why I'm in doubt with your position,the financial crisis could be something extremely complex that to be influenced by many factors and it takes many years for them to occur,the worst would be the duration maybe.

Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:36:06 AM

BTC dip down and up around 9000$ is showing some sign. USDT or good altcoin is the way to go.
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:21:57 AM

Everybody is talking about the financial system crash, so crypto is gonna be even bigger in 2018!
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:07:38 PM

I would like to say that at that point I think the banks will screw up and will have to be saved. To screw up cryptocurrencies, you have to screw all the miners.
Not only on the miners but you would need to screw up the community who do engage on it which we can see that it is really an impossible thing to do. We do see a strong support which mean it cant be easily screwed by them and would really still remain thats why they decided to ban or prohibit it either.If fiat currencies do crash then expect cryptocurrencies value would be mainly affected knowing that they do base on fiat itself too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ttrader

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:34:35 PM

The 20T plus deficet is also an issue.
DroidR17A

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

I think it would probably have a positive effect of cryptocurrencies. People already distrust corrupt government and financial institutions, a major financial collapse, could potentially push crypto fully into the mainstream as a true alternative financial system.
jwrent34

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:02:21 PM

I think crypto needs a few years to get to the level in allowing in the general public.
Better wallets, a potential paper money equivalent ( I know its weird but grandma ain't gonna use crypto easily).
And most importantly, a coin that does not have 6 decimals. Electroneum has a good idea there.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kmlkkl

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:24:29 PM

I agree with you. Most importantly, this new system is the fast-spreading of the new network, and people's interest in it is the future of bitcoin.

DroidR17A

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:20:52 AM

I think crypto needs a few years to get to the level in allowing in the general public.
Better wallets, a potential paper money equivalent ( I know its weird but grandma ain't gonna use crypto easily).
And most importantly, a coin that does not have 6 decimals. Electroneum has a good idea there.

The key for mass adoption in my mind is fast, easy to use mobile wallets. Even the majority of 70+ year olds I see have smart phones these days. If somebody can an app/network/crypto that as easy to use as Apple Pay, it will be a game changer. But, I agree, simplicity is crucial.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:00:12 AM

The key for mass adoption in my mind is fast, easy to use mobile wallets. Even the majority of 70+ year olds I see have smart phones these days. If somebody can an app/network/crypto that as easy to use as Apple Pay, it will be a game changer. But, I agree, simplicity is crucial.
The fact is that the presence of a smartphone in an elderly person, does not mean that he will actively use all his functions. Proceeding from this, I believe that the crypto currency will be inaccessible to most representatives of the human race. And this will be conditioned not only by the physical, but also by the moral conditions of its use.
alberdina

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 09:02:17 AM

if there is a financial crisis it will cause the economy in various countries will weaken. it could trigger an economic crisis. but in that crisis it is unlikely to affect the world's cryptocurrency because it uses the online system

ridertiger (OP)

Merit: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:32:04 AM

There are already bunch of institutions that are trying to get into crypto world and be a bank or something. They should be in it shortly, so they can benefit from this and the early adapters will hold the line.
sale.kripta

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

The crisis in the real world will give impetus to the development of crypto money, which is not relevant to the state. And the crypto currency is not subject to the crisis, it will only develop and grow.
kriptoman171

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:00:14 PM

If you invest in crypto money, the financial crisis will not in any way affect you. It's very bad that I did not know about it before.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:25:57 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 03:29:25 PM by christian07

The next crisis is already in motion for the subprime auto loans, student debt loan, and the re-inflated housing bubble.  than you also have the high yield junk bonds problem, high p/e ratio for big companies, increasing inflation, high unemployment rate,  Saudi's transitioning to China and the yuan, effectively killing the petrol dollar and our ability to print money out of thin air to pay of things, no manufacturing infrastructure due to outsourcing, explosion of domestic retailers closing shop, and the list goes on and on.  
When the shit hit the fan, it's going to be spectacular.  they won't have the tools like they did during the 08 crisis with interest rates already at historic lows.  be prepare for bail-ins.  there's going to be a bank holiday and like in Cyprus a few years back, when they reopened, a large portion of their deposits were gone cause remember, when you deposit money into banks, you essentially become a creditor and are liable to incur losses when banks can't cover their bad investments(bets).

it's not true crypto give so much conveniece actually we already experience this in bank here in our country but still it give good and easy way to save or to deposit money,The bank is the problem not the crypto because it has different value so that is not true and don't involve crypto in that,and why they going to kill their own money that is not good to do.Ban crypto if it's not good in your country that's all.
tickledlicker

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:22:34 PM

If there is crisis happening with fiat money it could potentially affect cryptocurrencies but it will not be badly damaged because of the strong cryptocurrency protection.
altcocollector

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:31:30 PM

I believe there are already people who are making their daily income from cryptocurrencies only.

Actually you are speaking fact. I know quite a few people who have left their 9-5 job and have started working full time in Cryptos!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: