Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is illegal in some country  (Read 1709 times)
Triple

Activity: 847
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:39:48 PM

I wish people would just start being accepting of cryptocurrency instead of bashing it just because it isn't green paper or tangible and because of the fact that they can't collect tax as easily on it.

That's not the major reason I don't think. Yeah, it can't be regulated, but the thing is, BTC isn't practical for everyday use as of right now. The fees associated with micro transactions are way to high and the fact that there is a chance that transactions can be double spent and no confirmations etc. This is what the government is banging its head over.

Available for Rent - 25 Posts $100/Week. PM me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:40:07 PM

the use of the cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries and punishable special at MOROCCO (North Africa)

just bitcoin or the whole crypto currency ? because i know an alt coin now having an ICo for the development of their internet.. it will provide the fastest internet that africa never had .. in this case your country is cutting the line to have  development there.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:46:08 PM

:'(Yes, some governments do not recognize bitcoin, but this does not negate the value of it
Yes it’s true that bitcoin is illegal in some countries and in some countries its legal because other countries think bitcoin can make problem for them but I think they are wrong because bitcoin is trying to help in economy of countries that’s why bitcoin is legal in some countries so I’m sure that in coming time bitcoin will be legal soon in the rest of countries.
Yeshualive

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:47:28 PM

I am suprised to see that using Bitcoin is punisheable in some countries. I mean, if you know bitcoin is forbidden on your country, you just have to use VPN to buy and sell, there's no secret. The trend is more often the governments banning the cryptocurrency all around the world. In my country, the IRS have said that Bitcoin might be dangerous because it lacks of regulations.
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:20:28 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 05:31:44 AM by slyfox

Well I mean, is something like this all that surprising? In smaller countries, where they're already ridden with corrupution and the governments trying to squeeze as much as they can out of people. Do you think they're going to allow for a decentralized currency to come in as a way to hide money from the government? No, they're obviously not going to leave any power to anyone else. Because if they do, that'll lead them down a long line of them probably losing their position for being too WEAK.

There's a lot of money to be made in centralized banking, especially for governments and banks, teehee.
Correct, while I would like bitcoin to be legal all over the world I cannot blame them they are understanding very clearly that bitcoin a threat to them and they are taking actions to protect themselves unfortunately for them that is not going to work.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:52:20 AM

Surprising isn't it? I had read some news about "is bitcoin illegal?" Most of the information I got says that bitcoin will be only ILLEGAL if and only if the user is using it in illegal way. So lets go back to the question. Why bitcoin is illegal in some country? Probably, most of the people in the country where bitcoin is illegal are using it in wrong way it might be for killings or some unwanted acts.
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:28:44 AM

In some big countries, the government's conservative policies have made it inaccessible to people to get bitcoin. , China prohibits people from using bitcoin in their country of unsupported bitcoin. I hope that in the future bitcoin will be legal for many countries.

btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:31:02 AM

See if it illegal than why can't country ban the Bitcoin. Every central bank is mentioning the same but they are not banning the Bitcoin. They will realize once they understand technology behind the Bitcoin.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:34:36 AM

the use of the cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries and punishable special at MOROCCO (North Africa)

although bitcoin is illegal in some country, we still have many country that will support bitcoin so the citizen can use bitcoin without worried about anything. i think this is only temporary in morocco and soon we can see in morocco, bitcoin can be used and it will be legal so people from morocco is free to use bitcoin. we can not push the government to accepting or approve bitcoin because they need to learn about bitcoin before they decide to accepting or not.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:37:24 AM

yes, some of the countries still they banned bitcoi. like in china, chinese people are very open-minded incomes in money, they very good in business. i don't know why they banned bitcoin in china.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:44:05 AM

Because of anonymity, there are some countries that ban bitcoin because they cannot track the inflow and outflow of cash and cash equivalents so it would be hard for them to know if the people in their country are doing something illegal or not. Because it is decentralize, it is hard to keep track of the people who are involve with it which is not favorable for the government. Though there are some who are open to idea of accepting cryptocurrencies in their country, some just can't risk their financial status that may be compromise because of it.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:26:22 AM

Bitcoin is not totally illegal, because in some country bitcoin is usually using as natural currency, maybe you just need to reconstruct new word for that. Most of the country in Asia using bitcoin, also in my opinion it will become illegal if this crypto currency abused using it. Moreover as far as I know in the business that decentralize ownership it was allowed by the government if they can't violate the credibility of their own currency.

Therefore if the business have a good intentions to the people why they can banned it? However if the people used bitcoin in evil, yeah government have a power to suspend it in their country.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:33:00 AM

People can earn money on Bitcoin without paying a tax to the country. Therefore it is not profitable for the country.

Shanjida Akter

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:39:05 AM

Yeah i have also read some articles that bitcoin is prohibited in some countries like Bangladesh,India,China etc. But i think these countries have made a wrong decision where many developed countries have approved it.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:53:16 AM

Bitcoin become illegal because of some users who get caught by the government that deals with illegal transaction using bitcoin if this can only be prevented but since bitcoin does not control by any government it would be hard for them to prevent illegal activities so for their protection they just banned bitcoin transactions and others declare bitcoin as illegal stuff.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:02:37 AM

Yes. Governments of other countries does not approve the legality of bitcoin in their country. The reason of it is having illegal transactions that involves bitcoin. But goverment cant prevent users from having bitcoin and using/investing it so that illegal transactions cannot be prevented. Maybe the thinking of some governments is "Crypto will down all the banks and fiats if Bitcoin be approved".

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:11:00 AM

Yes, it is true. But I do not think to use Bitcoin to wait for the government to legalize it first, because without the legalkan we can use Bitcoin. that's what happened in my country, which has not legalized Bitcoin.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:36:46 AM

Bitcoin being illegal in some countries probably has reasons. Maybe bitcoins are used more on illegal transactions or crime that is why the government announced bitcoin as ilegal. Or maybe they just don't have any profits from it.
Government and the users are the factors to consider here.
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:42:20 AM

Bitcoin being illegal in some countries probably has reasons. Maybe bitcoins are used more on illegal transactions or crime that is why the government announced bitcoin as ilegal. Or maybe they just don't have any profits from it.
Government and the users are the factors to consider here.
Sooner or later it will be implemented, for the part of the government and their good own reason why some of them ban it actually, because of what you have said maybe there are some illegal activities happening, and its true that it is so hard to track the certain person doing behind those happenings, that is why the most effective way they can do is to ban. It doesn't mean that bitcoin really is illegal, its just the people who used it doing so makes it illegal.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀