Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 88% of Japanese have heard of bitcoin -- how about your country? --  (Read 2131 times)
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:12:36 PM

in my country may be less than 5% of total  have heard of bitcoin and 2% only use bitcoin we are less than 30 member in my city and may be 2000 member all over country
Oh that is really bad to hear. Actually our governments are not interested to make any progress in this field that is why things are often fall as bad as pig. Bitcoin is amazing world in itself but due to lack of our administrations in this field, majority of populations in many countries don’t know anything about it. Our condition have same problem and almost same numbers of people knowing bitcoin.

jirene21

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:52:05 PM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

My country i think 45% some of people know bitcoin but they've not used this kind of thing because they're afraid on scamming

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:00:08 PM

In our country 3 to 5% knows about Bitcoin and those are working in IT or Freelancers as the rest of them doesn't trust online sources and even in my area none knows.

No one here is interested to hear about Bitcoin or making money from home. I only heard in other forums, so those don't work online they never get the information.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:08:59 PM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

Maybe 50-60% of people here in our country heard about bitcoin but they are still not investing in it because they still have many counts and what ifs in their minds. They will just ignore it even though they already heard some people said that bitcoin is good for anyone who wants to have an extra income. Sometimes, they are a little but convinced but when they heard some people who are so negative about it, they will change their mind.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:16:35 PM

In developing equatorial regions it is a contrast of your report. BTC is known by a few and a further few owns then but it's getting better each year out. A lot of awareness all over the internet and anything involving money and prosperity, people are will jump to it so i trust we will get to 50% someday but not 88%c as in Japan's situation
bitcahunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:17:24 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 07:41:05 AM by bitcahunter

There is about 3-5% in Russia. There is not so much information of Bitcoin in my country. TV does not speak about this one so much.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:19:56 PM

a quote:

This is not surprising considering that Japan is the most up dated in terms of technology.  Assuming that the creator of bitcoin is really Satoshi then he is a Japanese.  And considering further that Japan is the first country I guess to legalize bitcoin ,there is no doubt that Japanese are aeare of its existence.
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:51:56 PM

in my country already many people who know bitcoin but many also only know the name only and do not know about the understanding, because the average knowing it is just a few groups and not circulating in general, maybe only people who follow the advancement of technology and internet.

jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:23:13 PM

in my country already many people who know bitcoin but many also only know the name only and do not know about the understanding, because the average knowing it is just a few groups and not circulating in general, maybe only people who follow the advancement of technology and internet.
It's the question of legality; bitcoin is not legalised yet in my country, so the number of users is very less. I think mere 1% of the total population may be using it, as we don't get the exact numbers, as bitcoin is not legal here.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:19:43 PM

The awareness of the population on cryptocurrencies in any country depends on policy of the government. If the government to be positive to bitcoin as in Japan, then this topic in all media widely will be covered. Therefore anyway learns the majority of the population about it. In the countries where cryptocurrencies are forbidden or in hover, the governments aren't interested in wide dissemination of data on cryptocurrencies among the population. Therefore news can be learned about bitcoin generally from the Internet there.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:25:29 PM

It's the question of legality; bitcoin is not legalised yet in my country, so the number of users is very less. I think mere 1% of the total population may be using it, as we don't get the exact numbers, as bitcoin is not legal here.

Bitcoin is not really popular if you think if this. Bitcoin is legalized in Japan, still there are only 88 percent of the population knows bitcoin? How about the countries that don't even legalize bitcoin.

I think bitcoin is used in our country gaining popularity little by little, I may say it is close to 5 percent to 6 percent of the total population of our country. I think if many more was introduced to these digital currency, bitcoin will be ore popular to our country.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:34:08 PM

Bitcoin is not really popular if you think if this. Bitcoin is legalized in Japan, still there are only 88 percent of the population knows bitcoin? How about the countries that don't even legalize bitcoin.

I think bitcoin is used in our country gaining popularity little by little, I may say it is close to 5 percent to 6 percent of the total population of our country. I think if many more was introduced to these digital currency, bitcoin will be ore popular to our country.
Using this site :
http://www.indexmundi.com/japan/age_structure.html

The population of Japan has 12.97 percent of 14 years old and below in 2016, I think you better be amazed because even there are a lot of young people and some of now what bitcoin is.

Of course we also need to consider that the 12 percent don't really came at that age span, some of that remain of 88 percent comes also from the old people raging their ages at 65 - 75 years old.
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:42:24 PM

There no exact number yet for my country, but according to my personal survey to people around me it is less than 50%
It might be slightly higher than 50% for young generation, but for middle-old generation perhaps even less than 30% ever heard about bitcoin

Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:44:20 PM

a quote:

Japan is the most vital country in the bitcoin histroy. Because after their acceptance of bitcoin, the price started a giant trend. In my country, I don't have any source, yet my intenion says that the popularity of bitcoin is way lower compared to Japan.
worldwifiICO

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:48:48 PM

In our country it's a big hype currently! Probably, 70%, except schoolchildren and old people
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:53:13 PM

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:57:26 PM

a quote:

Japan is the most vital country in the bitcoin histroy. Because after their acceptance of bitcoin, the price started a giant trend. In my country, I don't have any source, yet my intenion says that the popularity of bitcoin is way lower compared to Japan.

Yup after making bitcoin legal in Japan the demand of the bitcoin is increased and many projects started based on this technology, so the price is now near to $10k. If all countries accept bitcoin just imagine what will be the price for 1 BTC. in my country there is no news like accepting bitcoin as legal.
leanhtuan

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:01:24 PM

I read a news about Japan. That is Japan have accepted bitcoin as a legitimate currency, they can use bitcoin to buy the necessary items.
My friend in Japan used bitcoin to buy things in the store. That is very normal in Japan. That's why 88% of Japanese people know about
bitcoins and 44% of them already own bitcoins .

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
anjuara29

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:09:02 PM

I am sorry to say that,bitcoin is banned from our country. But bitcoin is very popular here in Bangladesh. I think 70% Bangladeshi have heard bitcoin and it's popularity increasing daily here.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:11:20 PM

It's not surprising if Japan has this high percentage of learning when it comes to bitcoin because they are one of those countries who gives so much support in bitcoin. In my country I think its around 10% has heard bitcoin but only 5% uses it because even if there are many news about bitcoin people are still in doubt that this is a good currency and that this is a legal thing
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: