Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 88% of Japanese have heard of bitcoin -- how about your country? --  (Read 2131 times)
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:34:42 PM

The creator of bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, is a Japanese

we don't know who Satoshi Nakamoto is and where he or they are coming from. some even say Satoshi may be European, since the news headline that was encoded in genesis block was from a European country.

Services there, even restaurants accepts bitcoin.

i have seen a lot of different shops accepting bitcoin over in japan but they usually are selling something digital like computers and cameras, etc, haven't seen a restaurant yet.

There is a FOMO brewing...
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

In my country, many have heard about bitcoin but does not know anything about it or thought of it as scam/pyramiding wherein they need to invite their friends for the price to increase. Most of the people here lack education about bitcoin. Also, the media always shows negative news about it. For the investors who have tried bitcoin or know something about bitcoin, I believe it's just less than 5% our population.
najmul33

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:15:40 PM

In my country in the Bangladesh not So many people Heard more knowledge about bitcoin, maybe  it's just less than 5 - 10 % our population.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:21:19 PM

In Pakistan, my country, the number of people around who got knowledge of bitcoin is rising at very fast rate. The electronic as well as print media have now started including a good frame of headline for bitcoin like you can see at tribune.com.pk, there's always something new about bitcoin present there.

I've seen many people in Pakistan now keeping bitcoins as an investment.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:24:45 PM

What do we think the word 'heard' entails?

You can hear a word and not know the slightest thing about it. I've no idea about my fatherland's stats but people who've heard the word must be well into the majority. Knowing what it is takes a few years. Understading what it is may take far long or more likely never.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:28:11 PM

i have seen a lot of different shops accepting bitcoin over in japan but they usually are selling something digital like computers and cameras, etc, haven't seen a restaurant yet.

In Serbia, bitcoin isn't that much known, tho it got a lot better in the last year or two, where I knew nobody that actually even knew what bitcoin  is. Today, we have 3 ATMs, 2 restaurants, and a few caffes where you can pay with bitcoin and every second person I meet knows about bitcoin and have actually read something about it.

What do we think the word 'heard' entails?

You can hear a word and not know the slightest thing about it. I've no idea about my fatherland's stats but people who've heard the word must be well into the majority. Knowing what it is takes a few years. Understading what it is may take far long or more likely never.

Well I assume that by that he means if you ask someone "you know about bitcoin?" he replies with "yeah, I've heard of it" or something like that.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
rog1121

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:24:47 AM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

This is not surprising considering that Japan is the most up dated in terms of technology.  Assuming that the creator of bitcoin is really Satoshi then he is a Japanese.  And considering further that Japan is the first country I guess to legalize bitcoin ,there is no doubt that Japanese are aeare of its existence.
If Japanese get their rate that 88% of Japanese know about the bitcoin than it is a good sign for them. In my country the rate less than them because a half of our population use the internet and half of them will know about the bitcoin we need to advertise it and we are doing well. I hope bitcoin will know by everyone who use internet very soon.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2142

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:01:51 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 06:32:00 PM by gurunanakji777

I would say very high awareness in japan 88% is really very high. I think the reason behind this that government of Japan is also supporting bitcoin. But in my country I would say roughly 5-10%  people are aware about bitcoin as of now because almost 30% population is residing in rural areas & until and unless the reach of internet everywhere in rural areas. It will not be widely known.

The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 09:17:41 AM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

I think that in my country people who have atleast heard of bitcoin is around 60% since it recently become a trend in the cities and it is still continuously getting and getting more fame from different media sources. But if I will only include investors and people who are really involved with bitcoin then I think our country has around a roughly 40% of the population.

cancuncrypto

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:26:24 AM

Probably not that much considering it's still an emerging market (my name only reveals where one of my vacation homes is, but really I'm from Europe). Some of the countries I've visited really are just starting to get into it, so a lot of potential. I'm glad Japan's going full out like that though.
LegGekkouga

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:31:50 AM

At first I didn't know that bitcoin is popular here in the Philippines then few time passed and I heard that many of my schoolmates are now in to bitcoin. Then I explored the discussion pages then I saw that there is a separate forum for Filiponos so I think bitcoin is pretty popular here.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SNAPCITY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Geo-location adventure game ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ TOKENSALE   ❱ ❱  ANN   ❱ ❰  BOUNTY ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:12:13 AM

I think that the sensation around bitcoin was not heard only by a deaf and blind person. The last 9 months about bitkoin are spoken and written in all the mass media.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:39:54 AM

Japanese people are really techies where they embrace bitcoin's technology that leads to the speedy growth of its economy. Seems that they are all united as one towards one goal. In my country, i think, it's only 4 out of 10 have known bitcoin and the crypto and included in the 4 are people who have strong accusations that bitcoin is a scam. It's just so pathetic how these people doesn't know the good news of bitcoin.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Brangos99

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:53:31 AM

In my country, the name bitcoin is not foreign to everyone, 75% of people in my country have heard of bitcoin, but in my country about 15% to 20% of people who go into bitcoin world.
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Let's say about 50 or 60% in our country probably heard of bitcoin because some establishments here in our country are accepting bitcoin as mode of payment and can be used to cash out our money in our bitcoin which is definitely amazing because we are like one of the contributors for the increasing price and demand of bitcoin.

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

My country is a developing one so not everyone does have access to Internet and these cryptocurrency news and stuff..thus..there is a huge division of people that are cut off from the whole world and out of them the major are farmers and beggars and their population is quite high ..almost.. 50% of the population in my country would have never heard of bitcoins for sure..and even those remaining 50% one should subtract the old people and the babies and the housewifes..and i think after roughly estimating the number will be around 10%.. if not less.
Well japan is technologically advanced thus its something that was forseen..

Same with my country. I think only around 20-30% at most know about the concept of bitcoin or cryptocurrency, in general. I think amongst the that percentage, only 5-10% actually delves in deep in to the bitcoin market and uses it for profit. Many may encountered it, but most are still not in the stage where they would want to actually risk it and try their hand in it because they are still unsure of how it will work out, or if it is a scam of some sort. Also, in my country, the government, the central bank, and the media are giving lots of negative vibe about it that prompts people to doubt it even more. Hopefully that would change because bitcoin can really do a lot of good for the market and local economy.

sarfwr

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

In my country, the penetration rate of bitcoin is still very low. People only know that investing in crypto money can profit but do not know how much risk is hidden in them.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:26:48 AM

It is easy to hear about bitcoin, since the media talks about them, even though very superficially. But I guess that 99% of the people who heard about Bitcoin still have no clue about what it is and how it works.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

I am from Russia and I believe that a lot of people have heard about Bitcoin already, it is almost every day on TV, but I think not everyone got what is it exactly, how it works and how to make money with that.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

i'm from indonesia, most of indonesian people haven't heard about bitcoin , i could say only 10% know bitcoin and only 5% have bitcoin or other cryptocoins..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: