Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 88% of Japanese have heard of bitcoin -- how about your country? --  (Read 2131 times)
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:45:49 AM

Japan has ambition to be the number one cryto state, so the population should be informed on all these things.
Sapphire9

Activity: 298
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

I would say 10% of people in my country know what Bitcoin is. Government do not support bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. So, most people who heard about it just do not trust Bitcoin and even do not try find out what cryptocurrency is

Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:39:31 AM

In my country few people heard about Bitquin can be 10% and not everyone trusts in digital currencies
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

If calculated by percentage, maybe in my country 10-15% people know bitcoin. But I think only about 7-10% alone that makes bitcoin as income or invest money. This is probably because in my country bitcoin dibanned and also the spread of uneven technology that causes few people to know bitcoin

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Beymax08

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:04:40 AM

Because they want japan to be the capital of bitcoin. And they accept/embraces bitcoin for the change so they started to use bitcoin. Bitcoin in my country is not yet accepted. Still hoping that it will become legal in my country.

GSC Platform ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▌█▐ Whitepaper ▌█▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█ Ann ▌█▐
▐▌Telegram▐▌Twitter▐▌Reddit▐▌Medium▐▌Linkedin▐▌Facebook▐▌Instagram▐▌Youtube▐▌
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:29:21 PM

It is been called the bitcoin capital of Asia, Japan continuously making advancement in bitcoin investment and many of the Japanese people knew bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies very well. Other countries, particularly in Asia, might also take Japan as a  role model in managing their own crytpcurrency exchanges. In my own country, majority of the bitcoin users are young and almost all of them used social media to to get the latest update on virtual currencies. Sad to say, only a minority knew about bitcoin if you compare it to other countries like Japan.

Well, the reason as to why is because of the people in japan alone together with the president and the government officials that are open minded and are willing to adapt and accept all the benefits their country may get from the innovation that the crypto world can offer to their country. It would be pretty nice to have those kind of people here in my country. But sad to say, people here do not even try to learn more so they can understand the benefits that the crypto world can bring not just to our country but for the whole world. I wish someday something would make the people in my country be more friendly with new ideas for improvement.
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 12:40:13 PM

Japan is the only country that uses bitcoin and recognizes bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument in that country.
in my country INDONESIA maybe only about 10% people know about Bitcoin.
I do not know, that's just my opinion.
pinggoki

Activity: 1526
Merit: 418

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

Well, I can say that there's a large od proportiom that bitcoin has been known in our country because of news. However, bitcoin here has a notorious image due to scammers online. But I guess it is also their problem because they are relying too much on ponzis. I hope that one day one man could share his experience upon it so that the image of bitcoin could now change.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:24:00 PM

Japan has ambition to be the number one cryto state, so the population should be informed on all these things.
Japan is a small country which is thickly populated as well as the literacy rate of the Japan is much higher as compared to many other nations. The point which I want to make is that for crypto currency knowledge you must be in knowledge of internet and its usage whereas in my country there are people who still do not know what internet is and others only have access to the social media and that’s it, so in my country may be 10% (optimistically speaking) of the people know about this.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

To grievously, in my country if people heard about bitcoin, it is only in the most General terms, but few really know what it is.

Citataw

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:14:27 PM

I think a lot of people have heard about cryptocurrency and bitcoin, but not everyone can use it
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:29:49 PM

It's great that at least one country uses bitcoin so well. Because in my country it is something absolutely extraordinary, many have not heard of it yet.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:40:22 PM

I've always considered Japan a world leader in technology, and it's not surprising that they use bitcoin so much. Unlike my country. We have it very poorly developed.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:45:18 PM

My country is a developing one so not everyone does have access to Internet and these cryptocurrency news and stuff..thus..there is a huge division of people that are cut off from the whole world and out of them the major are farmers and beggars and their population is quite high ..almost.. 50% of the population in my country would have never heard of bitcoins for sure..and even those remaining 50% one should subtract the old people and the babies and the housewifes..and i think after roughly estimating the number will be around 10%.. if not less.
Well japan is technologically advanced thus its something that was forseen..

Well, my country has the same issues; however, Internet access has been rapidly being spread all over the country; I think that problem why people don't embrace or have interest with cryptocurrencies is the fact that some have this stereotypical idea that it is too technical or hard to learn, which makes them feel that it's just a waste of their time to try it. Another reason is the fact that the government and some media entities continue to somehow discredit how the market works and the advantages it can give because of the negative things regarding scams, its volatility, and the failure of many projects that lead to the assumption that it's not a safe market to invest or trade in.

laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:46:02 PM

I'd be curious if Bitcoin Forum members can chime in on what the estimated awareness might be for their region or country:

https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/

a quote:
 "A recent survey of 10,000 men and women across Japan shows that 88% of them have heard of bitcoin. Among those that have bitcoin, 47% said that they have used it in retail stores but long-term investment is most respondents’ main reason for purchasing bitcoin."

Japan today is legalizing bitcoin because they want their country to be the capital of cryptocurrency and what's the good thing about that is, japan is using bitcoins for their own accountability and even their people can use it for their daily needs.

dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:52:51 PM

Japanese government allowed bitcoin for his country for a good currency but most of the country government are not allowed it.In this reason the most country people are not a very good knowledge about bitcoin.If one day bitcoin be a world wide currency that day all people knew about bitcoin with a proper knowledge.
ace9989

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:03:51 AM

I dont know whats the current percentage of people who are using bitcoin in my country but all I know is that they use it as transaction and for paying bills. Many know what bitcoin is but they only know it as a fraud and scam due to the bad publicity of it in the media.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:09:12 AM

Hah, i guess that in my country around 30-40% have heard about bitcoin and 1-2% from them understand what is it)))
SteinsGate

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:11:20 AM

Most of the teenagers here in the Philippines are well aware of bitcoin because of the growing trends of technology and their adventurous mindsets. I think most people know bitcoin if they have internet. They just need to keep digging for information about it if it piques their interests.

▮█    KRYLL    ▮█
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
Token sale start on Feb 7, 2018 (https://kryll.io/)
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:00:28 AM

As you all know, Philippines is a poor country, and they don't see Bitcoin as a form of payment, or a secure currency but as a form of Investment, I saw different Investment firms and also Financial Advisers/Firms uses Bitcoin as a form of Investment, they even said that they will teach the participants on how to generate profit from Bitcoin, which is currently impossible since they cannot even dictate what will be the price and how will they handle their investments when bitcoin is volatile. As for the percentage, I think 99% have heard Bitcoin since there is a Television program that reported the Scam relating to Bitcoin, as for the Knowledge and Idea, I think lower than 10% knows the technology behind Bitcoin and the Idea of Cryptocurrency.

It does not matter whether the country poor or not but the matter is they can accept new technology which will be great in the future or not? Are they smart or not? If they smart take the chance of crypto, then they will open their eyes to accept bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: