Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3-D Printers ,The Perks and The Cons  (Read 612 times)
joycece (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 12:50:03 PM

To print you need all the raw materials so i've ony seen it done with small non-bake cakes. I highly doubt they can print even simple machines as you cant just squeeze circuit's into a tube. they really cant do anything that isn't just layers of material. Sure someone could print a mold but then you would need to hollow it out and add add circuitry and complex parts yourself manually. they really cant do much right now besides some non-cooked food items, and solid shapes/simple molds. wait till the technology is improved save your money, unless you just want something to play with and love non-baked treats.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3045

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:07:43 AM

What are you talking about? You can 3D print literally any simple machine. Wheels, screws, gears, you name it; if it's simple, you can print it. You can even print a few complex machines like cams and bearings and such. And we've been printing circuits since before 3D printing was even a thing. What did you think the P in PCB stood for?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

To print you need all the raw materials so i've ony seen it done with small non-bake cakes. I highly doubt they can print even simple machines as you cant just squeeze circuit's into a tube. they really cant do anything that isn't just layers of material. Sure someone could print a mold but then you would need to hollow it out and add add circuitry and complex parts yourself manually. they really cant do much right now besides some non-cooked food items, and solid shapes/simple molds. wait till the technology is improved save your money, unless you just want something to play with and love non-baked treats.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. I am sure there are plenty of people around here who know more than me on the subject, but I could address a few points.

"To print you need all the raw materials so i've ony seen it done with small non-bake cakes." What? Of course you need the raw materials. You can't make something out of nothing. 3-D printers usually take as their input a sort of plastic wire, which is melted and placed by the printer.

"I highly doubt they can print even simple machines as you cant just squeeze circuit's into a tube." Go do some more google searching for things made by 3-D printers, they can be quite complex.

"Sure someone could print a mold but then you would need to hollow it out and add add circuitry and complex parts yourself manually." You can print hollow structures with a 3-D printer. If you do not see how that works, then you should go back to kindergaten.

"they really cant do much right now besides some non-cooked food items," I don't think you understand what 3-D printers are used for, nobody prints any food items.

I think you are trolling, nobody could possibly that stupid/misinformed, right?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:59:16 PM

"I highly doubt they can print even simple machines as you cant just squeeze circuit's into a tube." Go do some more google searching for things made by 3-D printers, they can be quite complex.

Here's something cool. A 100% 3D printed automatic transmission model. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FyC3dn3HJY

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:06:18 AM

Here's something cool. A 100% 3D printed automatic transmission model. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FyC3dn3HJY
sorry, but with all due respect, I think I can top you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: