Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to know which is the good ICO ?And which will not go for scam?  (Read 229 times)
AshikurRahmanKhan16 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:57:36 AM

Hi,

Greetings! There are many ICO's coming in every month. But how can I know which is the good ico?is there any sign or anything like that?
Because I asked my Senior brother which is the good ico for invest or anything then he said one name and after finishing that ICO, that was really big successful ICO! So, How does he know? I asked him, but he didn't reply me you know  Grin

That's why I am here brothers. Please kindly tell me.

Thank You very much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
summertimesad

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:59:39 AM

Researching about them is the best way you can do or you could ask advices from your success friend.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:01:16 AM

Now that coinfido stoled a lot of money, i think that people would be very afraid from lossing their funds, and there is nothing new with this. But this ico was probably one of the most trusted in here because it had a lot of campaigns in this forum, and that made it a little bit more trustable.
But they ran away with the funds, just like the other coward ico's are doing too, and i saw that a guy who lost more than 1 bitcoin in this ico, he really broke my heart.
Mate, there is no way to decide about which one is a good ico, you just need to make your own desicion about it, you can not ask it in here.

Hello
sozvdhua

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:09:13 AM

I choose the ICO project and I usually like to see the stars in the development team, such as whether a developer is a top talent in the industry or has a unique perspective. In addition, greedy ICO I will not choose to attend, the team needs so much money, I am afraid to be squandered rather than used in the development.

KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:15:56 AM

Did you make profit from the coin your brother said? But dont believe anyone. Do your own research. It will help you in the long run

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:18:12 AM

I think Ideacoin is gonna be pretty awesome! Previous ICO's similar to this has gone 5x after hitting the exchange. Sign up here: https://ico.ideacoin.co/invite/Pikachu

kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:20:13 AM

If an ICO has any of these problems/issues, do NOT invest in it.

1. Project/Concept cannot be achieved, no basis for it to work now or in the long run.

2. Too expensive, soft caps/hard caps, token value also.

3. The board of members and advisory team are not solid, inexperienced, no knowledge, no feedback.

4. ICO website doesn't exist or not descriptive, No groups/channels for community and no communication between team and community.

A good and current example below:

I would suggest trade.io that is a new Blockchain Trading platform. It's currently on PRE-ICO and doing very well.
It's soft cap was $5M and they are on their way to hitting $10M in less than 2 weeks. With the help of their solid team, they will achieve a great many things. This is only the beginning for trade.io. You can find them at the links posted below.

Registration: https://account.trade.io/en/signup?ref=chrisgellere&mtype=i
ANN Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367245.0
Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BlockGemini

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:32:39 AM

To determine if it is a scam or not, here are some basic points that you can look at:

Read the whitepaper to gain a better understanding of what they would like to accomplish.
Do research on the team to see what their influence is in the community.
What other information can you find about them on the internet?
Is the Idea original and new?
Look at how they would spend the money once the ICO is completed.

AshikurRahmanKhan16 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 251
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Now that coinfido stoled a lot of money, i think that people would be very afraid from lossing their funds, and there is nothing new with this. But this ico was probably one of the most trusted in here because it had a lot of campaigns in this forum, and that made it a little bit more trustable.
But they ran away with the funds, just like the other coward ico's are doing too, and i saw that a guy who lost more than 1 bitcoin in this ico, he really broke my heart.
Mate, there is no way to decide about which one is a good ico, you just need to make your own desicion about it, you can not ask it in here.

Oh, i am very sorry to hear this. 1 BTC is a lot of money to me, if that scam happens to me then I don't know what will I do! Maybe I will get stuck!
And thank you very much for your suggestion. I need to be more alert before investing in any ICO.
R_Block

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

Along side some of the great advice given above I will add some of my own.

White Paper

It often takes a long time if you wanted to read it from cover to cover. Try to look for videos explaining the main concepts and summary on steeemit reddit etc.
This will give you a good primer for understanding the paper and reading it for main points. Now do some other research and come back to white paper for double checking.

Github

It is easy to run ads and other campaigns but much harder to hire talented technies. Seeing Github activities is a great way to ascertain the quality of the project. There is a good article on this here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@ashr/crypto-due-diligence-using-github-to-check-out-projects

Bitcointalk!

Looking at the types of content and user activities is a great way to ascertain the type of people you are investing in. Here to find out more. https://steemit.com/altcoin/@ashr/crypto-due-diligence-2-using-bitcointalk-org-to-check-out-projects

Belief in founders

Ultimately if you are investing in a project at such a early stage what is most important are the founders. And what you are looking for in these founders are 2 things: genius and integrity. When looking for genius, I would look at their technical,industrial or social competence. If someone is technical person stalk them on Linkedin, Github and various sources to see the level of complexity the person needed to overcome. If they are a industry expert, look at some of the successes they had before. Lastly, if are don't have either of these you need to look at the founder for their ability to unflinching move projects forward faster than any other human being out their. Looking at the kind of people they were able to attract to the project is a fantastic indicator of this. I think Brian Chesky of Airbnb is a great example of this.

Second most important factor is integrity. Is doesn't matter if the founders are extremely able if they are just going to run away with your money. This is even more difficult to make it tangible but I typically use the following. Does the project deliberately do things that are against their financial interest but good for integrity? e.g. Polkadot not doing pre-sale, Litecoin preventing premine,etc Or throughout their career has the founder done things that are difficult to do but need courage and integrity? If they are famous there maybe some good stories.

I found this to be practical enough for an average investor like me would love to hear other people's thoughts!

xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:14:19 AM

Hi,

Greetings! There are many ICO's coming in every month. But how can I know which is the good ico?is there any sign or anything like that?
Because I asked my Senior brother which is the good ico for invest or anything then he said one name and after finishing that ICO, that was really big successful ICO! So, How does he know? I asked him, but he didn't reply me you know  Grin

Thank You very much.

The best way is to research and gain useful details about the team or entity doing the ICO. You can actually check their whitepaper and all other details pertaining to the company, the developers, even the project managers. You can also rely on the companies previous ICOs or at the same time their long term goal. Although none of these details can be taken concretely to say that you won't be scammed, at least you can lower the risk of it from happening.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:22:16 AM

Oh, i am very sorry to hear this. 1 BTC is a lot of money to me, if that scam happens to me then I don't know what will I do! Maybe I will get stuck!
And thank you very much for your suggestion. I need to be more alert before investing in any ICO.
yes, be very cautious before investing in any ICO or cryptocurrency!

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tienigarazz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:25:14 AM

In my case, i always read, research and inpect carefully all the ico that i want to join with. And the other way i always do is to ask my friend some advice about what ico should i join and if this ico will become successful. As a result almost all the ico i always join is becoming successful.

lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:26:15 AM

Try to research yourself about those new ICO's and you'll know if they're scam or not you need to trust your instinct in choosing an ICO after searching their background, the creator and those white paper are really important although some ICO are scam even they have a really good background but at least you need to try searching to prevent scam.

CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:50:41 AM

The only way is the ability of making good research by yourself. I think that the main aspect in legitimacy of any project is the founders, team and advisors.

passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Hi,

Thank You very much.
If you have brother to guide you where is the best ICO then follow them, there are many ICO right now and its very difficult to see if its scam the only thing you can do is search  for your own before investing other investors also the same. do not just invest because the project is promising check all thier data if this is real people or just using other peoples info to open an ICO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: