Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:59:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TGE] OriginTrail (TRAC) - First Purpose-Built Protocol for Supply Chains  (Read 34708 times)
OriginTrail (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 10:00:28 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 08:08:17 PM by OriginTrail

Token sale is succesfully finished - Hardcap reached. Thanks for your support!

JOIN OriginTrail Community:

Web | Twitter | Facebook | Medium | Telegram | LinkedIn | GitHub

Whitepaper (Technical) | Overview Document (Roadmap)

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Main details

Token: Trace (TRAC)
Total supply: 500 000 000 TRAC
Available for sale: 250 000 000 TRAC
Token Standard: ERC20
Accepted currencies: ETH

PRE-SALE

Start: January 15th, 2018
End:
January 28th, 2018
Token price:  1 TRAC = $0.10
For sale: 125.000.000 TRAC (10 Million USD)
Soft cap: NONE
Hard cap: 125.000.000 TRAC
20% discount in the first week; minimum contribution 5 ETH

Public Crowdsale

Start: January 29th, 2018 - or as soon after presale's cap is reached
End:
February 12th, 2018
For sale: 125.000.000 + (any outstanding distribution from Pre-Sale)
Soft cap: 5 Million USD (all periods)
Hard cap: 125.000.000 TRAC + (any outstanding distribution from Pre-Sale)
Token price: 1 TRAC = $0.10
Minimum contribution 0.5 ETH

Our Mission

We believe that transparency is the new norm for better safety and quality of products we use every day. OriginTrail is a protocol that addresses the crucial challenges that need to be overcome to enable trustless sharing of data in supply chains. By introducing decentralized protocol we are creating a foundational technology for trusted supply chains. Our team is building on years of experience with product traceability and OriginTrail protocol was already recognized by the world’s largest retailer.

Winner of Walmart 2017 Innovation Award

What Is OriginTrail

OriginTrail enables seamless data sharing along any supply chain. The decentralized, blockchain-supported network protocol ensures trust, transparency, and security. It helps companies exchange relevant data seamlessly and in a secure way to build accountability, protect their brands and increase efficiencies. Token Generating Event will enable development of the OriginTrail Decentralized Network that will be scalable and applicable to any product supply chain.

How OriginTrail Works

OriginTrail is a purpose-built decentralized protocol running on a network of public nodes and enabling blockchain supported data sharing in supply chains. It enables seamless and automatic data connection and interoperability between IT systems and devices of different stakeholders in multi-organisation supply chains, with consensus mechanisms for ensuring integrity of data. Data exchange is based on globally recognised GS1 standards, while existing blockchain solutions are being used to keep fingerprints of the graphs ensuring immutability. This brings a profoundly new way of building transparency in supply chains and provides a necessary foundation to build new value - increased trust, optimised supply chain efficiencies, automated compliance and enforce quality assurance processes.

Using OriginTrail, all stakeholders can securely share their data and keep sensitive data fully encrypted at all times. By supporting global standards for data exchange (GS1, IoT, compliance standards), OriginTrail assures compatibility with existing ERP systems, making implementation process quick and efficient. Finally, it is fully decentralised. It removes the possibility of collusions and introduces full accountability for the data provided. OriginTrail is built on existing use cases.

Token Generating Event will enable development of the OriginTrail Decentralized Network that will be scalable and applicable to any product supply chain.

Who Will Benefit

Partners in Supply Chains
OriginTrail is based on industry-standard global GS1 standards which are needed for wide adoption of the solution and is also ready to incorporate Internet-of-Things (IoT) data. This will enable development of a wide range of decentralized apps for supply chain management, certification, brand protection, and much more.

Consumers
Modern supply chains are complex and opaque, information can easily get lost. We have experienced a number of affairs in the recent years, leaving consumers concerned. OriginTrail solution will enable the brands to be more transparent to consumers, thus increasing the standards and trust in global supply chains.

Environment
More transparent supply chains, with less risk for fraudulent behavior, bring benefits to the society in general. In addition to increasing efficiency and brand protection, trusted information, hashed on the blockchain, diminish possibility for bad environmental practices and poor labor conditions.

Supporters
OriginTrail will issue pre-mined, non-inflationary utility tokens (TRAC), which will be used to safely store information on the OriginTrail Decentralized Network. Value of the tokens will increase with the use of the network.

Founders

Tomaž Levak, CEO - LinkedIn
Žiga Drev, COO - LinkedIn
Branimir Rakić, CTO - LinkedIn

The rest of the team is listed on our website.

Advisors

We are proud of our board of industry-renowned advisors.

John G. Keogh - Supply Chain Integrity & Standards - LinkedIn
Tomaž Štolfa - Growth & Integrations - LinkedIn
Jan Karnath - Marketing & Communications - LinkedIn
Andrej Muževič - Business Development - LinkedIn
Srdjan Krčo - Internet-of-Things - LinkedIn
Brigham Ricks - Legal Advisor - LinkedIn

Media

Mapping the Blockchain Project Ecosystem

OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale

Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about the updates

Web | Twitter | Facebook | Medium | Telegram | LinkedIn | GitHub

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xelle3000

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:08:04 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2017, 12:28:17 PM by xelle3000

Hi, just registered because of this project, because I have been following it for couple of weeks.

Why exactly is it reasonable to participate in ICO? What would I gain by holding TRACE tokens bought at an ICO price?

How does OriginTrail differ from similiar projects that address supply chain traceability issues through blockchain (Ambrosus, Modum etc.?).

What is Walmart's role in all this?

thx for reply in advance.
maja_voje

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:13:17 PM

Hi, I had a lecture yesterday at an insurance company and we were discussing your case. The question that was raised is if the protocol is compatible with logistic companies (and IoT data) as well to determinate who is liable for the damages. For example, can we use https://origintrail.io/token-sale/ for tracking if the goods were corrupted during transport based on let's say sensor data in the truck? Tnx.
laiwendersky

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

B2B - Find, Connect, Trade

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:45:34 PM

detailed content and has a strong team, if this really work then it will provide a good information for the web and it will be very useful for Many companies.

OriginTrail (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:56:34 AM

Hi, just registered because of this project, because I have been following it for couple of weeks.

Why exactly is it reasonable to participate in ICO? What would I gain by holding TRACE tokens bought at an ICO price?

Thanks for your support!

TRACE is a utility token that will be required for any use of the protocol (adding data to it or reading from it). The most important function of the token itself is therefore to be used in the ecosystem. Because Trace is limited in number, higher demand for it driven by the users of the protocol will increase its value. A model showing the demand based on certain usage phases will be released in the next weeks for the community to see.

How does OriginTrail differ from similiar projects that address supply chain traceability issues through blockchain (Ambrosus, Modum etc.?).

OriginTrail protocol functions as a “middleware” built on top of different blockchain technologies on one side and applications for supply chains on the other. Our protocol adds to the blockchain layer through an off-chain decentralized network of nodes that provide an efficient way to store supply chain data and perform necessary data checks (consensus check between inputs of partners in supply chains, data replication checks, data quality checks involving a tailored zero-knowledge proof mechanism for sensitive data...). OriginTrail as a tailor-made protocol for supply chains therefore complements other platforms/blockchains/applications/hardware in the field by providing functionalities that currently don’t exist and will make building transparency in supply chains easier for them.

The crucial bottlenecks OriginTrail will help others address are:
1) poor interoperability of data within supply chains (or even within one organisation);
2) inadequacies of blockchains to efficiently store highly interconnected data needed for supplychain;
3) issues with sensitive data that make companies more reluctant to share data.

What is Walmart's role in all this?

Walmart has given us a great recognition by admitting us in their Innovation Pipeline. We were even more excited as our pilot project with Yimishiji (an online retailer) received a special Food Safety Award at the same time. In more tangible terms, being a part of this ecosystem will give us a chance to collaborate with other companies in the Pipeline and shape how food safety systems will look in the future. In the process, we will be working with a wide network of Retail & Logistics professionals from Walmart and beyond, with experience in implementation in global supply chains. We will shortly share more updates about this development.

Be sure to join us on Telegram to chat with the team: http://bit.ly/OriginTrailTelegram

OriginTrail (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 10:12:02 AM

Hi, I had a lecture yesterday at an insurance company and we were discussing your case. The question that was raised is if the protocol is compatible with logistic companies (and IoT data) as well to determinate who is liable for the damages. For example, can we use https://origintrail.io/token-sale/ for tracking if the goods were corrupted during transport based on let's say sensor data in the truck? Tnx.

Great to hear that you used OriginTrail as a case, that’s very cool!

TLDR: Yes, that would make a great use-case.

The protocol is both ERP-agnostic and blockchain agnostic. It is based on GS1 standards, so it can be set up with any product supply chain and can include IoT data from sensors. By providing integrity to the data sent from the sensors, OriginTrail can act as a foundation that supports exactly such cases. It boils down to creating accountability using decentralization, hope to see that case in reality soon Smiley

maja_voje

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

Ok, I get it. Thank you for your answer.
alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:46:36 PM

Why do all tokens have such high minimum buy amounts? I would love to support some projects, but am ready to give around 10€, not 50ETH.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:15:39 PM

Why do all tokens have such high minimum buy amounts? I would love to support some projects, but am ready to give around 10€, not 50ETH.

I'm right here with you. While I understand that this is a pre-sale where there are usually larger minimum buy amounts. Still 50 ETH is pushing it. I know people that would invest 1-2 ETH, but not 50.

$10 however is definitely something that is only for the crowdsale.
feizy

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:22:16 PM

will wait for the crowdsale.
timmyzhl

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

Recently a very popular way to white list promotions, I did not see the total amount of coins and distribution programs, I have a question, why the minimum purchase is 50eth?
alko89

Activity: 150
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:36:45 AM

I'm right here with you. While I understand that this is a pre-sale where there are usually larger minimum buy amounts. Still 50 ETH is pushing it. I know people that would invest 1-2 ETH, but not 50.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated about 10€, but I just wanted to tell the point. Still if I wait for crowdsale, I won't get the discount Tongue
xelle3000

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:49:11 AM

Recently a very popular way to white list promotions, I did not see the total amount of coins and distribution programs, I have a question, why the minimum purchase is 50eth?

Total amount of tokens can be seen on the roadmap on their site (500 mil). Regarding 50 ETH for the presale, it really seems absurd. I hope they change this to at least 10 ETH, if not 5 ETH (with this rise in ETH price and all...). I really don't like the idea of whales getting an upper hand on the discount. This seems to be such a nice project, they should fix this. How about it?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

You can invest in ICO and not preICO. If ETH price will increase for 20% til new year and that is possible in such hype as Crypto have right now you will not lose anything. You will get same amount of tokens as first round  PreICO investors.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:41:39 PM

Minimum buying of 50 ETH in pre-sale is way too high for many people. You have your own policy but lot of small investors will have to wait for normal sale to participate in this project. This will be common concern as some have already showed this requirement is too strict. Only big investors will be able to get high bonus.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:43:26 PM

I also would like to wait for details about ICO structure the requirement of pre-ICO is not fit for me because of high amount required to contribute during this phase. Let's wait how this will get response from investors.
tombolo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:54:20 PM

Any airdrop?

maja_voje

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:25:06 AM

Airdrop is a super cool idea.  Grin
Scytic

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:13:44 AM

is there a bounty programme?|Good luck!
OriginTrail (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:24:58 PM

Dear all, thanks for the positive feedback about the project. We were aiming for broad access to our crowdsale since the beginning, that’s why hard cap of the presale is maxed at 50 % of the total hard cap.

Today we revealed final dates for the crowdsale and updated this announcement accordingly. Due to the strong interest, we decided to allow the acceptance of lower contributions already in the presale. At the same time, we joined the presale with the crowdsale. You can read about the other reasons for that in a new blog post: http://bit.ly/tokensale-final-dates-revealed

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: