Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs, not Bitcoin, are the bubble  (Read 1121 times)
rockyshala (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:23:26 AM

If token issuance looks like a claim on the future value of an enterprise, that is true. The problem is, among the scams that have emerged from what can be called the “token-layer” of the crypto hierarchy, investing in unproven applications (“ideas”) is the most prevalent.

Read more: https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2017/11/icos-not-bitcoin-bubble/
Tesorex

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

Scammer's bubble.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2103

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:44:53 AM

Of course they are.

Question being, how much of Bitcoin's growth was caused by the ICO hype? I personally think that Bitcoin is largely decoupled from the ICO market. However as always there may be relations at play that will be only obvious in hindsight.
sabrikks

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 11:49:51 AM

Curious to see what will happend to crypto currency when the bubble you know, BOOM

Jokes aside i think that those ico's are hurting the crypto world real bad, and they are spreading like cancer, it's a scammers heaven

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3847

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

Oh definitely. One way or another people will realize that most ICOs aren't really worth it. Unfortunately I don't think the "ICO bubble" will pop soon. There's so much ignorant holders in the cryptocurrency space that the hype itself from them is effectively rising the prices; they sort of shill the coins as if they actually know the coins inside out. What they only know is they would sort of double their money or something.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sangtuosimino

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:24:26 PM

Yes, the real bubble is not bitcoin and virtual coins, but ICO. There are too many ICO scams in the world, especially in this year, 99% of ICO projects are unsuccessful, and the last loss is these investors
hujanderas

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:26:20 PM

One way ICO is not too important Unfortunately I do not think "bubble ICO" will soon pop up. There are so many stupid holders in the crypto-kardia room that the hype is effective at raising costs; they sort of shill the coin chances they really know the inside coins out. What they do know is they will double their money.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

There is ICO's with unique algorithms and coins, this is really not the bubble. But useless ICO's existing too.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:52:17 PM

Many ICOs are fraud. However, fraud and a bubble are two different things. Fraud is the acquisition of material values ​​by deception or abuse of trust. Bubble, it's an artificial increase, inflating the value of something. The bubble in the ICO can be said in the sense that some projects can be implemented with few tools. and they are trying to collect much more. As for bitkoyna, there is definitely no fraud, but its cost is still inflated. This becomes obvious if we compare its cost and the cost of altcoyins.
brandonmark713

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:13:41 PM

There are some companies out there that will use these ICO's to legitimately create currency and run their business. But there will always be those trying to get rich quick... it's unfortunate but people just have to do their research.
MIT2K

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:34:40 PM

ICOs have played a huge part in Bitcoins growth recently, the quick invest now and be rich later with this exciting new technology has lead to a jump in demand against Bitcoins being the keystone to get to ICOs.

There have been some great ICOs but i think theres currently too many (and growing) and perhaps for every 10 theres 1 quality one, not everything needs to be decentralised and whether thats proven in time or a great company is simply beaten by competition in the race i'd say theres only a few Amazons, Ebay's and Youtubes. Like the late 90s were in a big blockchain bubble but this is good as after theres a reset I believe real value will emerge.

priyankg3

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:09:17 PM

mostly ICOs are bubble, i believe in bitcoin
EDWARD78

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:29:20 PM

My investing guideline: I invest depending on market cap. Vast majority is in Bitcoin. Rest is spread throughout several of the coins that rank #2-20 on the coinmarketcap.com list. They’re proven, with verifiable teams, mission statements, and business plans. By the time they reach #20, they’re ‘proven’ legit, so to speak.

I will stay away from all ICOs until they’re regulated.
Livewildeatwild

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

I really don't think it's in an absolute bubble, the big issue is people not doing their due diligence and Research into anyone group before buying into an ICO. Just like any other initial investment, there are risks involved, and plenty of them will fail.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:44:33 PM

Of course they are.

Question being, how much of Bitcoin's growth was caused by the ICO hype? I personally think that Bitcoin is largely decoupled from the ICO market. However as always there may be relations at play that will be only obvious in hindsight.
my thoughts exactly; if anything, ethereum is more tied to the ico scene, and when the bubble pops as a result of either unsustainability in the surge of ico's or a major scam and publicity of a fraudulent ico project, id expect the resulting effects to only scratch bitcoin.

Many ICOs are fraud. However, fraud and a bubble are two different things. Fraud is the acquisition of material values ​​by deception or abuse of trust. Bubble, it's an artificial increase, inflating the value of something. The bubble in the ICO can be said in the sense that some projects can be implemented with few tools. and they are trying to collect much more. As for bitkoyna, there is definitely no fraud, but its cost is still inflated. This becomes obvious if we compare its cost and the cost of altcoyins.
fraud can also contribute greatly to the growth of an economic bubble though, as it did in the 2008 housing bubble in the states. fraudulent or not, people dump money into ico projects and contribute to the development of these projects, and the creation of new projects entirely.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
marriams

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:49:04 PM

Without successful businesses on blockchain, everything is a joke. It needs to get real, to get useful, to be mainstream. And without ICOs this cannot happen. So, do not be superficial about this. Scams are in every business, it does not mean that everybody is looking to steal something or to create useless stuff.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:00:32 PM

well there are some ICO`s that are even funny to invest. So as anywhere else you have to open your eyes for scammers and I don`t believe that every ICO is a scam, because there are some ICO`s which have very good ideas and profits.
InnMind.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:00:54 PM

Well, not all ICOs but you are right as there are more and more really weak projects trying to launch ICO for whatever purpose without any real value to the community.
MIT2K

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:19:51 PM

My investing guideline: I invest depending on market cap. Vast majority is in Bitcoin. Rest is spread throughout several of the coins that rank #2-20 on the coinmarketcap.com list. They’re proven, with verifiable teams, mission statements, and business plans. By the time they reach #20, they’re ‘proven’ legit, so to speak.

I will stay away from all ICOs until they’re regulated.

Agree! although i do think theres importance in familiarising your self with ICOs, becoming white paper savvy and looking at how much they've raised for down the line decision making. ICOs are definately tied to Ethereum (380 and counting) - Bitcoin and Litecoin digital Gold and Silver Equivilant which could rise off a crash as people who want out with Eth will find it harder to sell for cash opposed to trade for another coin?

Mt Pelerin

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:45:01 PM

ICO is just one aspect out of hundreds of people's financial activities. And as with everything any activity can be turned good or bad depending on the people involved. Same with ICOs. There is a lot of scam and greediness behind many projects, but ICO is just another method of fundraising, and it's a great opportunity for some projects to have a successful launch from the very beginning. It would be a mistake to think of all the projects as a bubble. There are professional teams with strong ideas too.

The Swiss gateway to the crypto world
www.mtpelerin.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: