Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying an ASIC for mining  (Read 445 times)
smailler

Activity: 38
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:40:47 AM

This can be a good alternative instead of a trade that can be exploited long term and can make the most profit possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:06:46 AM

At this stage i would stay away from mining with those energy cost, your ROI period would be above 1 year if im not wrong, soo would be better buy bitcoin and hold it into those period. Unless you focus into start a big mining operation, with cheaper energy, at those well its another history, and well market is waiting for the first Japan miners wich should compete with bitmain miners.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:12:27 AM

At this stage i would stay away from mining with those energy cost, your ROI period would be above 1 year if im not wrong, soo would be better buy bitcoin and hold it into those period. Unless you focus into start a big mining operation, with cheaper energy, at those well its another history, and well market is waiting for the first Japan miners wich should compete with bitmain miners.

it still depends. let say if your on a country that electricity has a less cost hen compared to most countries that has a standard charge fees and also if you have a good capital to start a different kinds of mining hardware and rigs , then that would be much better if to mine instead of buying, trading or investing that may cost you much more of your time and cash.

Nowadays gpu mining in bitcoin is pretty obselete since the ASICS shown up with your gpu you can't gain a profit with that you are just wasting your time and electricity and the ASICS are pretty expensive. I suggest that you should move to mining altcoins because the difficulty is lower and some coins except bitcoin cash is asic free so you can earn a lot in altcoin mining than bitcoin mining with only gpu.

yeah right, mining bitcoin is pretty hard these days , knowing that op is only using a gpu instead of an actual mining hardware although he can still use it to mine altcoins then sell or convert those altcoins to get a  bitcoin , then i guess  that will solve his problem.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:53:03 AM

So after having some looks at bitcoin mining and setting up nicehash on my pc (single gtx 970) to have a look at how it works (ofcourse I won't be able to make any profit because of power consumption), I wondered if buying an Antminer S9 and starting to mine at home with a powercost of 0,26$/KwH would be profitable or will I just lose my investment.

maybe you can reach profit with Antminer S9 but my advice is you can use your gtx970 or the newest vga card. with vga card, actually you have more option to mining coins and you can move from one coin to another coin and you can expect more profit. maybe you can try to solo mining for one coin and see if its profitable for you or not because some people get their luck with solo mining.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀