Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:30:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Farm with "Hot Room" and "Cold Room"  (Read 396 times)
miner6464 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:11:24 PM

I've seen some youtube videos of people using the "Hot Room" where all the hot air from the miners is being blown to. And the "Cold Room" where the miners are placed in racks and the temp is lower. Need advice on the following questions:

Lets say I have 20 S9's blowing 200CFM each = 4,000 CFM, and in the summer It gets hot 40C.

In the Hot Room, should I place a vent (intake fresh air from outside) of 5,000 CFM + $4,000 from the miners, and remove it with another vent of 9,000 - 10,000 CFM? or do I go only with the outtake fan equaling what the miners are blowing into?

In the Cool Room, I need to supply them with 4,000 CFM of air. I have an A/C of 5 Tons (2,000 cfm only), so do I need 2,000 of fan vent from outside? If so, what is the point of having a 5 ton A/C if the air from outside is warm-hot?

Thanks in advance for your help.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:38:00 PM

If you are air conditioning your miners you have already made the biggest mistake in mining.

You dont use a fresh air intake in the HOT side of things. The point is to bring fresh air in on the COLD side and exhaust all of the heat on the other side.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
miner6464 (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:02:10 PM

Forgot to say electricity is less than 1 cent.
banman24

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:42:41 AM

You need around 9 Tons of Cooling for that amount of miners.

The Cold would be where you pipe cool air into/from
The Hot is where you exhaust
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:22:41 PM

If you are air conditioning your miners you have already made the biggest mistake in mining.

You dont use a fresh air intake in the HOT side of things. The point is to bring fresh air in on the COLD side and exhaust all of the heat on the other side.
It would be much better to have that way. Air conditioning isnt really suggested the thing must avoid here is the moist than can possible interrupt the operation. Just a simple system let fresh air intake on cold side the same on the opposite side on hot the same as suggested. 
Edman007

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

y мeня в шaxтe лeтoм мaкc тeмпepaтypa 35(этo нa ypoвнe 1,9м), a oт пoлa дo 1,7м.  24гpaдyca.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:19:23 PM

Unless your ambient temps are already very high AC isn't really needed and it adds a lot onto your electric bill which you don't want. Instead, install a couple large fans for air intake and exhaust if possible for maximum airflow and position your miners so that heat has somewhere to escape and the miners are taking in cool air. Even if your electrical costs are very cheap it's still not worth it IMO, a simple one room setup worked for me with 10+ S5s in the past.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: