Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin to partner with other leading alt currencies  (Read 11253 times)
justabitoftime (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:28:57 PM

Hopefully this coin crashes and burns, 40% of current supply was mined first day.

I'm glad you mentioned this, I have a Litecoin comparison video to address this very statement. I appreciate you reminding to finish producing it.  With Bitcoin at an all time high, miners sitting around the forums like vultures, the amount of mining behind Feathercoin was quite reasonable.

Again, video to come. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:47:03 PM

^ lol. it took 6 weeks for 2 million Litecoins to be produced. 2 million feathercoins were produced in the first 7 hours. No shitty video can explain that difference.

FeatherCoin Network Alert: Please upgrade your Litecoin Wallet!

*Bing!*

You forget to mention all the other coins that had the same alert.  We noticed it, immediately responded and put out a new client.

Thanks for your interest in replying to the thread.

It didn't happen to digitalcoin.

Feathercoin is too similar to Litecoin to ever be very successful. It's always going to stand in Litecoin's shadow... and even if Feathercoin does successfully innovate, Litecoin can just apply the same idea with it's superior devs and community support.

Feathercoin going on mtgox is also a pipedream. There is no hope in hell mtgox would start trading a coin which was successfully 51% attacked recently, it would be a PR disaster if feathercoin got 51% attacked whilst mtgox was trading them and it would cost them dearly. Maybe it would happen one day, years from now... but I would bet within a year it's value is under 1 cent a coin.
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:08:51 PM

Great to hear your opinion, even with the annoying red text. Shitty this, crap that.. did i somehow end up in a 3rd tier frat house?

You had a few interesting arguments concerning Litecoin dev team, unfortunately, I lost interest when I felt like I was reading something from 4chan.  Again, great to see the passion, thanks for the interest in making your point. Smiley

mubit

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:10:22 PM

I am concerned because the alert issue shows how close to litecoin your source actually is.  It's easy to go in after the fact and make changes when you are aware of the problem, but understanding what is going on in the clients should be your job.
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:13:14 PM

I am concerned because the alert issue shows how close to litecoin your source actually is.  It's easy to go in after the fact and make changes when you are aware of the problem, but understanding what is going on in the clients should be your job.

Noted.

mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

Great to hear your opinion, even with the annoying red text.

It's not an opinion. 2 million litecoins were produced in the first 6 weeks. 2 million feathercoins were made in the first 7 hours. Those are facts.
thef

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:20:19 PM

The numbers speak for themselves. Feathercoin had a terrible release.

http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_90_day_charts.html

Litecoin's first 90 days total supply chart shows 500,000 created in two days and a relatively constant amount created afterwards.

http://cryptometer.org/feathercoin_90_day_charts.html

Feathercoin had 2.9 Million created on day one or 37% of the current supply of coins.

http://cryptometer.org/digitalcoin_90_day_charts.html

Compare that to digitalcoin's release and the difference is astonishing.
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:20:25 PM

^ lol. it took6 weeks for 2 million Litecoins to be produced. 2 million feathercoins were produced in the first 7 hours. No shitty video can explain that difference.

FeatherCoin Network Alert: Please upgrade your Litecoin Wallet!

*Bing!*

You forget to mention all the other coins that had the same alert.  We noticed it, immediately responded and put out a new client.

Thanks for your interest in replying to the thread.

It didn't happen to digitalcoin.

Feathercoin is too similar to Litecoin to ever be very successful. It's always going to stand in Litecoin's shadow... and even if Feathercoin does successfully innovate, Litecoin can just apply the same idea with it's superior devs and community support.

Feathercoin going on mtgox is also a pipedream. There is no hope in hell mtgox would start trading a coin which was successfully 51% attacked recently, it would be a PR disaster if feathercoin got 51% attacked whilst mtgox was trading them and it would cost them dearly. Maybe it would happen one day, years from now... but I would bet within a year it's value is under 1 cent a coin.

The same critisism you give here was already given in the LTC announcement thread . LTC was simply copy-paste etc etc.  Look where the coin is now.
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:22:42 PM

You seem to leave out the following:

- FTC has 4x the amount of coins

- FTC was released when Bitcoin was at it's height in price

- FTC was released when miners were circling around alt currency looking to mine

- There is nothing wrong with allowing people the ability to choose. Simple.

There was no pre-mine, already shot the kids down on that one. So basically, your argument is centered around controlling the actions of others? People chose to mine, I don't see your issue.

More importantly, typical of this section, we're off topic.   We're looking forward to working with our partners.

Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

SMH all these things being done for feathercoin could have been done for Litecoin.
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:25:09 PM

Hopefully this coin crashes and burns, 40% of current supply was mined first day.

I'm glad you mentioned this, I have a Litecoin comparison video to address this very statement. I appreciate you reminding to finish producing it.  With Bitcoin at an all time high, miners sitting around the forums like vultures, the amount of mining behind Feathercoin was quite reasonable.

Again, video to come. Smiley

Yup, you make videos to earn money from FTC "developer", who are paying PR of the coin.

You can make as many videos as you want, you can't change that fact. If others were worse (which were not), that does not excuse your coin. Its like saying Hitler was a saint because less people died because of him than because of Mao or Stalin.

40% of current supply mined in 1 day. GOOD JOB EARNING $$$ that were scammed by developers.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:26:10 PM

The same critisism you give here was already given in the LTC announcement thread . LTC was simply copy-paste etc etc.  Look where the coin is now.

LTC is different enough from Bitcoin to warrant interest. A different hash algorithm which is expensive to calculate with an ASIC and signigicantly faster transaction times. This gave miners reasons to believe in it and it quickly became the number 2 cryptocurrency, which in itself is another reason to believe in it repeating Bitcoin's success.

How is FTC different enough from Litecoin to warrant interest? Also bear in mind with your answer the current cyprocurrency climate with new coins popping up daily, compared to when Litecoin was launched and slowly gained attention.
usahero

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:27:10 PM

Oh guys, he is right.

It wasn't premine. It was a SCAM!
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:28:14 PM

You won't convince anybody FTC is worth any fiat just because you decide it.
We should create a group and 51% FTC until you stop with this marketing bullshit and come up with some real innovation.

mubit

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 09:30:05 PM

mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

You seem to leave out the following:

- FTC has 4x the amount of coins

- FTC was released when Bitcoin was at it's height in price

- FTC was released when miners were circling around alt currency looking to mine

- There is nothing wrong with allowing people the ability to choose. Simple.

There was no pre-mine, already shot the kids down on that one. So basically, your argument is centered around controlling the actions of others? People chose to mine, I don't see your issue.

Mentioning pre-mine is a false argument, I don't even talk about that. You can't prove or logically argue why Bitcoin being $260 caused the 3 million feathercoins being produced on day 1. And I never said there is *anything* wrong with allowing people to mine. Good job again addressing something else I didn't even mention.

2 million litecoins were produced in the first 6 weeks. 2 million feathercoins were made in the first 7 hours. The reasons *why* this occurred are largely irrelevant it's the fact it *has* occurred is the problem.
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:32:46 PM

The same critisism you give here was already given in the LTC announcement thread . LTC was simply copy-paste etc etc.  Look where the coin is now.

LTC is different enough from Bitcoin to warrant interest. A different hash algorithm which is expensive to calculate with an ASIC and signigicantly faster transaction times. This gave miners reasons to believe in it and it quickly became the number 2 cryptocurrency, which in itself is another reason to believe in repeating Bitcoin's success.

How is FTC different enough from Litecoin to warrant interest? Also bear in mind with your answer the current cyprocurrency climate with new coins popping up daily, compared to when Litecoin was launched and slowly gained attention.

Litecoin wasn't the first to utilize scrypt. I don't quite understand the love affair, but hey, I respect the opinion.

Re-read the first few pages of the Litecoin launch. Do the criticisms look familiar?

usahero

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

Also, there was managed pump&dump where FTC forum members were encouraged to troll on btc-e to hype up the price, at the same time as there was 51% attack going on. There is reasonable chance it was inside job where 51% attack just served as protection for buy walls that were in place to increase demand.

Good job scammers!
wtogami

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:34:39 PM

SMH all these things being done for feathercoin could have been done for Litecoin.

The Litecoin Project does not do shameless self-promotion and pumping of its value because we feel it would be improper to do so.  The ONLY role of the reference project is to protect the security and stability of the network.  The reference project must also never endorse or be unduly influenced by any vendor as it would create unnecessary drama from the perception of conflict of interest.  If the coin is properly maintained by a trusted team of professional developers such that the network is stable and dependable, then others may trust it and build things on top of it.

If you appreciate my work please consider making a small donation.
BTC:  1LkYiL3RaouKXTUhGcE84XLece31JjnLc3      LTC:  LYtrtYZsVSn5ymhPepcJMo4HnBeeXXVKW9
GPG: AEC1884398647C47413C1C3FB1179EB7347DC10D
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:34:51 PM

Litecoin wasn't the first to utilize scrypt. I don't quite understand the love affair, but hey, I respect the opinion.

I know it wasn't the first, I am talking about why Litecoin is different to Bitcoin. That is what I was addressing. Saying Feathercoin is going through the same phase Litecoin went though makes no sense at all, for the reasons detailed in my post.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: