Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:48:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin to partner with other leading alt currencies  (Read 11255 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:53:17 AM

I'm looking forward, not backwards. Too much drama has ensued on this forum. And yes I have added to it in the past (now i'm "growing up" as SaltySpitoon says).
Now you've started your coin business (good luck by the way), I think we'll lose the old smoothie.

polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 05:58:16 AM

How about doing a new video on how FTC was 51% attacked 3 times, forked, had thousands of coins stolen, and then afterwards was heavily manipulated and artificially overvalued by a few individuals.

+1

LOL ROFL

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:01:24 AM

I'm looking forward, not backwards. Too much drama has ensued on this forum. And yes I have added to it in the past (now i'm "growing up" as SaltySpitoon says).
Now you've started your coin business (good luck by the way), I think we'll lose the old smoothie.

Perhaps. Thanks!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:00:36 AM

Overall looking at this thread it doesn't look like Feathercoin is all that popular.

But I think it has one hope.

Once the difficulty starts getting too high at camp Litecoin, I think you'll get a surge of miners pointing their gear at Feathercoin.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:03:38 AM

People use the term 'premine' because it's easier than explaining what actually went down, which was an unfair distribution of coins.

I always found it amusing that FTC was claimed to take after LTC because the dev was enamored with what the LTC devs had done with their coin, but FTC actually is different from LTC in one crucial way.

LTC focused on a fair to everyone launch where the miners had plenty of time to see the post and prepare their miners. Let's not forget that GPU mining didn't exist at the time for scrypt, and despite that, FTC starting difficulty remained the same.

I figure I should chime in. Now that Litecoin is almost 2 years old, most people don't know or have forgotten how much effort I put in to make sure that the Litecoin launch was fair. I think that's one of the main reasons why Litecoin succeeded and why most of these recent alt coins will fail.

See the chart for the first week of Litecoin? http://cryptometer.org/litecoin_90_day_charts.html
Notice the days between the first 2 blocks and the 3rd block? Looks strange and none of the other alt coins have this. This is because I mined the genesis block and another block to confirm it, and then released the source code and binaries. People had almost a week to look over the source code and mine some Litecoin testnet coins to make sure the everything works. And they can decide whether or not they wanted to mine Litecoin from the start. Then at the community-voted launch date and time, I released the hash for the genesis block and pretty much everyone started mining at the same time.

This is pretty much as fair as I could possibly make it. It's too bad that all these new coins copied the Litecoin code but not the launch process.

A huge +1

Not one of these coins has put in the effort Coblee did. People dont ralize the launch of the coin is actually matters.

Releasing Source and QT ready to mine at the same time is ludacris. Coblee did it right. Reference this wiki for how to release a coin

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Alt-chain_release_RFC
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:10:32 AM

^ lol. it took 6 weeks for 2 million Litecoins to be produced. 2 million feathercoins were produced in the first 7 hours. No shitty video can explain that difference.

Okay let's compare them as you force us to.

In the seven hours from Litecoin block three 350,000 LTC were created. Remember that Feathercoin has four times as many coins per block so if we multiple those LTC coins up to be even we get 1.4 million equivalent Litecoins produced against our 2 million.

It is surprising the difference is not more considering how much more hash power there is out there. If you do not believe me then look at the Litecoin block chain from block 3 onwards. Blocks were solved in seconds much like the early Litecoin blocks.

http://explorer.litecoin.net/chain/Litecoin?hi=2018&count=2016

I see no problem in the way that Litecoin started and it has done very well for itself. I am a Litecoin holder and supporter. Bitcoin should not feel threatened by Litecoin and Litecoin should not feel threatened by us. In fact if we did pool resources rather than squabble then more progress would be made for all.

Feathercoin looks to work with whoever is willing regardless of what coins they have in their pocket.

mubit

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 09:21:23 AM

I'm not one for pumping of anything but for the most part I disagree with your implications about feathercoin being shameless and pumping. Taking pride in one's work is not a bad thing in my view.

To say that something should or shouldn't be done in terms of marketing an idea (bitcoin, litecoin, feathercoin) is a matter of opinion not a matter of morals and how right or wrong it is.

Let's keep in mind this is the free market. People can choose to do and say as they want. Warren although I disagree with your implications about feathercoin I respect your view as we are all part of the free market.

Let's keep things in perspective when it comes to what is "improper" or "right" or "wrong".

One more thing, your bolded statement is your opinion on how things should be. Not how everyone believes it should be. Once again, a matter of opinion.

Taking pride in one's work is one thing but this is money.  You are asking people to trust that the devs have things under control. To invest in the feathercoin network, by mining or holding/trading coins. It is clear the devs just copied the ltc code and grepped for a few strings. The developer clearly doesn't know what he is doing, and that should worry anyone involved.

This isn't something people should trust with their money.  This is a marketing ploy.  "Upgrade your feathercoin client to litecoin."

He unknowingly copied the alert key, and his solution was disabling alerts in 0.6.4.2?  With active clients without alerts you make it impossible to reliably alert the network in the future.

*actual image from feathercoin client*
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:24:05 AM

^ lol. it took 6 weeks for 2 million Litecoins to be produced. 2 million feathercoins were produced in the first 7 hours. No shitty video can explain that difference.

In the seven hours from Litecoin block three 350,000 LTC were created. Remember that Feathercoin has four times as many coins per block so if we multiple those LTC coins up to be even we get 1.4 million equivalent Litecoins produced against our 2 million.

It is surprising the difference is not more considering how much more hash power there is out there. If you do not believe me then look at the Litecoin block chain from block 3 onwards. Blocks were solved in seconds much like the early Litecoin blocks.

I see no problem in the way that Litecoin started and it has done very well for itself. I am a Litecoin holder and supporter. Bitcoin should not feel threatened by Litecoin and Litecoin should not feel threatened by us. In fact if we did pool resources rather than squabble then more progress would be made for all.

Feathercoin looks to work with whoever is willing regardless of what coins they have in their pocket.

Scrypt GPU mining did not exist at LTC launch. This overlooked when making the "X amount of coins were mined in Y amount of time from launch".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:25:39 AM

I'm not one for pumping of anything but for the most part I disagree with your implications about feathercoin being shameless and pumping. Taking pride in one's work is not a bad thing in my view.

To say that something should or shouldn't be done in terms of marketing an idea (bitcoin, litecoin, feathercoin) is a matter of opinion not a matter of morals and how right or wrong it is.

Let's keep in mind this is the free market. People can choose to do and say as they want. Warren although I disagree with your implications about feathercoin I respect your view as we are all part of the free market.

Let's keep things in perspective when it comes to what is "improper" or "right" or "wrong".

One more thing, your bolded statement is your opinion on how things should be. Not how everyone believes it should be. Once again, a matter of opinion.

Taking pride in one's work is one thing but this is money.  You are asking people to trust that the devs have things under control. To invest in the feathercoin network, by mining or holding/trading coins. It is clear the devs just copied the ltc code and grepped for a few strings. The developer clearly doesn't know what he is doing, and that should worry anyone involved.

This isn't something people should trust with their money.  This is a marketing ploy.  "Upgrade your feathercoin client to litecoin."

He unknowingly copied the alert key, and his solution was disabling alerts in 0.6.4.2?  With active clients without alerts you make it impossible to reliably alert the network in the future.

*actual image from feathercoin client*

I never said Feathercoin was a good/great copy of litecoin.

What I have said is the community has the right focus. That is something you don't see everyday. Just my input. Not like it matters anyway.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:32:33 AM

Well, I know that most of the Litecoin devs don't want to partner with Feathercoin so I wonder what the other "leading alt currencies" are?

The way I see it is just like this chart.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=1-year&resolution=day&pair=ftc-btc&market=btc-e

Starts off around 0.0055 (02-05-2013) and as of writing this post its worth around 0.00085 (27-06-2013)

That's about an 84.54% drop in value in less than 2 months!!!!!!!

Litecoin fell harder from its start of 0.011BTC to 0.00045btc.

Do the math. These numbers are not any indication of future success or failure.

First three months it went from 0.011btc to 0.0009 btc. Once again do the math.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bushstar

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:55:46 AM

Well, I know that most of the Litecoin devs don't want to partner with Feathercoin so I wonder what the other "leading alt currencies" are?

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/period-charts.php?period=1-year&resolution=day&pair=ftc-btc&market=btc-e

Starts off around 0.0055 (02-05-2013) and as of writing this post its worth around 0.00085 (27-06-2013)

The problem was people overvaluing new coins for their own short term profit. This has been solved by the proliferation of new coins.

The good news is that Feathercoin is now at a fair price Smiley

bushstar

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:17:46 AM

CAlerts are now three years old and come from a Bitcoin that was much less stable than it is now. I see the ability to send and display long custom strings to the user as a security threat. This old CAlert system was over looked and I apologise for that. Going forward we will have a much less intrusive way of informing users of an updated client. The idea is that a client will connect to a JSON feed to see if there is a higher number, if it is it will the user to upgrade and if it is not or it cannot find the site it will remain quiet. There will be no ability to display custom strings.

GoldBit89

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:28:33 PM

Starts off around 0.0055 (08/05/200313) and as of writing this post its worth around 0.00085 (08/06/202813)

These numbers dont mean much like that--take a look at this posted on wiki for bitcoin.

1)In late-2011, the exchange rate of the bitcoin crashed from over $30 in June to below $2 in October.
2)On 10 April ***added 2013***, the bitcoin exchange rate dropped from $266 to $76 before returning to $160 within six hours.

this posted on wiki for litecoins:

1)As of 04/28/2013, 1 LTC is worth approximately 4.11 USD or 0.032 BTC.[13][14][dated info] This makes Litecoin the second largest cryptocurrency by value of money supply, with a value of 70,000,000 USD.

now lets look at number 1 for bitcoin : 30 dollars to under 2 in 5 months (93%drop)
2) 266$ to 76$ to 160$ all in 6 hours (VERY volatile day)
today: May 1st 2013 133.86$ to today 103.55 avg at time of this post (23% drop)
and here with litecoin: April 28th 2013 $70 million market value 4.11$ USD
Today litecoin $ 54,562,948 market value 2.88$ USD (Drop of 30% in less then 2 months)

Feather as close to same timeline:April 16th 2013 launched May 1st 0.0055 BTC
today feathercoin $ 751,083 market value 0.089$ USD or 0.00087 BTC (yes a 84% drop)

and there were days for litecoin that saw huge drops but just daily generally.

So for last couple months, coins in general have fallen in value, for that matter the USD has fallen and while feathercoins 84% drop is huge , other coins including bitcoin have had huge % drops as well in their career.

I have coins in all 3 of these and honestly i feel and will continue to feel that these 3 coins are successful to this point. Are they the only ones?--absolutely not! Are they perfect? No . Could they get better ? I would like to believe they can. One thing that i have seen and researched when i first got into these coins is that the prices are very volatile on any given day or time.We could nick pick numbers like this all day long-Would that be productive to these coins ? No. While great numbers are great and high stock prices are always desired for stock holders, that is not the only quality that makes the stock. many other aspects need to be considered.

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
GoldBit89

Activity: 526

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:33:13 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 01:12:45 PM by GoldBit89

FeatherCoin Network Alert: Please upgrade your Litecoin Wallet!

*Bing!*

You forget to mention all the other coins that had the same alert.  We noticed it, immediately responded and put out a new client.

Thanks for your interest in replying to the thread.

It didn't happen to digitalcoin.

Feathercoin is too similar to Litecoin to ever be very successful. It's always going to stand in Litecoin's shadow... and even if Feathercoin does successfully innovate, Litecoin can just apply the same idea with it's superior devs and community support.

Feathercoin going on mtgox is also a pipedream. There is no hope in hell mtgox would start trading a coin which was successfully 51% attacked recently, it would be a PR disaster if feathercoin got 51% attacked whilst mtgox was trading them and it would cost them dearly. Maybe it would happen one day, years from now... but I would bet within a year it's value is under 1 cent a coin.

You do realize bitcoin was ***DDOS*** attacked just last week. And they are on MtGox.
story here:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-network-recovering-from-ddos-attack/

***edited out 51%*** the attacks were more denial of service, however,they are still absolutely brutal. 51% attacks are extremely costly and difficult to mount... and while important , they are on low on the list of worries currently. There are worse threats currently like network attacks.

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:36:10 PM

I used half of my Bitcoins to change for FTC, I do believe I will have a lot more to gain from this investment.   FTC fly like a bird with feathers Smiley
Metatron

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:15:48 PM

Congrats on the 'different' approach you're taking with these alts.

Many ask what's different/innovative when a new coin is launched,
expecting to hear some different variables, but it's not always the case
for innovation - thinking differently can play a big deal!

Grin

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:29:59 PM

I'm not interested in how you try and dress it up. 2 million feathercoins were produced in the first 7 hours. It took 6 weeks for 2 million litecoins to be produced.

7 hours vs 6 weeks (6 weeks is 1000 hours). The coins have not been distributed fairly. There wasn't even any notice given of the launch.

Bushstar would you like to explain why you made no pre-announcement of the launch? (I guarantee we don't get an honest answer to this question).

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 04:32:32 PM

CAlerts are now three years old and come from a Bitcoin that was much less stable than it is now. I see the ability to send and display long custom strings to the user as a security threat. This old CAlert system was over looked and I apologise for that. Going forward we will have a much less intrusive way of informing users of an updated client. The idea is that a client will connect to a JSON feed to see if there is a higher number, if it is it will the user to upgrade and if it is not or it cannot find the site it will remain quiet. There will be no ability to display custom strings.

Bushstar, why do you think that a centralized solution is better than using the dencentralized message system that is part of Bitcoin already? Having a centralized server for checking for upgrades is bad due to possible ddos and having the server hacked. The alert system works well and is really the only way for me to contact old clients. Some Litecoin users are running 0.5 and aren't on the forums. So there's really no other way for them to be notified of a critical update otherwise. By disabling the alert system without a replacement in place, you are shooting yourself in the foot if in the future you want to contact these clients of a critical security flaw.

It's true that there is a threat of the alert key being leaked and anyone can then send messages to all the clients. But if you look at the code, you will see that satoshi has thought of this already like everything else he's done. You can send a max priority alert that's hardcoded to tell everyone that the alert key has been compromised and that everyone should upgrade. And this alert will override any other alerts.

svennand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

Bushstar, why do you think that a centralized solution is better than using the dencentralized message system that is part of Bitcoin already? Having a centralized server for checking for upgrades is bad due to possible ddos and having the server hacked. The alert system works well and is really the only way for me to contact old clients. Some Litecoin users are running 0.5 and aren't on the forums. So there's really no other way for them to be notified of a critical update otherwise. By disabling the alert system without a replacement in place, you are shooting yourself in the foot if in the future you want to contact these clients of a critical security flaw.

It's true that there is a threat of the alert key being leaked and anyone can then send messages to all the clients. But if you look at the code, you will see that satoshi has thought of this already like everything else he's done. You can send a max priority alert that's hardcoded to tell everyone that the alert key has been compromised and that everyone should upgrade. And this alert will override any other alerts.

Your then assuming that bushstar is a zombie who can sit and stare at the client 24/7 to watch if someone has grabbed the alert key and are spamming the users with false information (update your client to this or this and so on).
If someone where able to get the key while he was sleeping, alot of damage could have been done within 8hours beauty sleep. Many may have updated to an walletstealing client and so on...

As of now the only thing bushstar has done is to remove that pesky autospam message which pops up ALL THE TIME. update now, NO, now?, NO, how about now?, NOOOO! ffs

As per now he has only mentioned a centralized server for checking upgrades, he hasnt implemented it. Its called analyzing, and getting feedbacks the community for smart solution. Its this way you get progress.

Overall looking at this thread it doesn't look like Feathercoin is all that popular.

But I think it has one hope.

Once the difficulty starts getting too high at camp Litecoin, I think you'll get a surge of miners pointing their gear at Feathercoin.

If you know anything about market research and such, you would know that for every negative person going at ftc theres 10 that are opposit. Same as if it was supposed to be a hardware product, its allways the negative feedback that fills the web.
The ones that are satisfied are just that. satisfied. Just have a look into the ftc forum. You'll have a hard time finding a more dedicated and welcoming society.

Theres just to much trolling going on on the forums/chats to bother with trying to defend it. Better to focus on providing better service/cryptocoin/widere market range. And let the people decide for themself, if they want to back this coin up,
those that are just here to ditch/destroy i have very little respect for.

Taking pride in one's work is one thing but this is money.  You are asking people to trust that the devs have things under control. To invest in the feathercoin network, by mining or holding/trading coins. It is clear the devs just copied the ltc code and grepped for a few strings. The developer clearly doesn't know what he is doing, and that should worry anyone involved.

This isn't something people should trust with their money.  This is a marketing ploy.  "Upgrade your feathercoin client to litecoin."

He unknowingly copied the alert key, and his solution was disabling alerts in 0.6.4.2?  With active clients without alerts you make it impossible to reliably alert the network in the future.

The message has been on most alt coins, so bushstar is not the onlyone overlooking it, he however is one of the few who within an hour or so of complaining on the forum. temporarly fixed it.
Feathercoin is still in its early states, and yes the code still is pretty similar ltc except the blockrate and some small other features. But have you looked at the planning going on at feathercoin.com forum???
There will be many client updates as the coin matures into something better, its called active development and is an important part of optimilising a product to improve it even better.
The devs thats says that this software is perfect, lets leave it at that is not a very good programmer...

Also regarding beeing able to alert the community about updates and such i do not see a big problem with this, i guess 90% of feathercoin enthusiast are closely monitoring the forum. and the other 10% will be notified in an other way
i have great faith in justabitoftime in this department. What other coin has had such and dedicated PR manager, feathercoin has gotten more publicity in this short time then ltc. Just look at all the radio apperents, ePaper readings and such.
Also the ftc pools have done a great job being on top when important ftc information/51% attack protection has been present.

As for those people complaining about premine, stop the whining. So some lucky bastard mined many coins worth 0^0, its a gamble, this time they struck gold, isnt that the reason we call it mining?.
The coin was not premined, and this has been proven. May the difficulty have been to low? i will say yes, should there been an pre information before launch, yes.
Was the coin profitable to mine several weeks after launch, hell yes. so why bitch, just because you made a bad gamle decision and kept mining some other coin with stable payout, instead of mining something worth zero,
but might one day be worth WAY more.
I however do wish that ftc would have had an better start, but past is the past, time to look ahead. And so far ahead looks really promising.

Im not sure what type of hw bushstar has, but if you look at justabitoftime he has embarracing little (sorry mate Grin), i for one would have really liked if them both had 1mill ftc coin in their wallet, what better motivation to make the coin
reach as high potential as possible?

Sorry for bad english btw...=P
Coblee, also thread carefully, its kinda disrespectfull to ditch other coins and start naging about other devs desition,after they made it... Constructive critisism while developing, great. Beeing a bitch about it after is not that great.
A good programmer is the one that doesnt know it all but are constantly learning,and willing to listen. The one that knows best, he's the dangerouse/unstable one...

im however impressed by the dedication from people trying to ditch the coin in an UPDATE/INFORMATION thread, we ftc supporters must be doing something right to piss of this many people... and YAY i got red text to, did it help?
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 06:47:27 PM

I'm not criticizing. Just giving constructive cristiscm about the problems with a centralized upgrade notification system. Here are a few more tips...

Use the alertnotify system to email and/or call you (bushstar) when an alert goes out. That way you will be woken up in the middle of the night if your alert key was compromised.

Instead of disabling alerts, just change the alert key from a key I own to a key you own. Litecoin alerts will no longer propagate to those clients because the alerts will be discarded when the signature does not verify. This is just a 1 line code change. If you don't like free form text, then restrict it. Also a very simple change.

I definitely don't think I know it all. What I do know is that satoshi and gavin are extremely smart and have thought of almost everything. A lot of thought has gone into the Bitcoin code but unfortunately most of it is not well documented. So my advice is to spend more time reading and understanding the code. It's definitely helped me a lot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: