Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Disabled Withdrawls for Unverified Accounts?? Please help me :(  (Read 666 times)
WaddleWigs (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 11:27:44 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:50:06 AM by WaddleWigs

So the last few weeks bittrex has been like "we're not supporting US residents anymore. You aren't one, right?"
And I was obviously like, "no" even though I am.

But now they reduced withdraw limits to 0 for unverified customers.

I got some of my portfolio out ahead of time, but I'm sorta freaking out that my funds are trapped forever.

Any ideas as to what I can do would be so greatly appreciated.

Edit: The unverified account thing still stands, but I was wrong about the US resident thing. That was Bitfinex and I just misread the email... whoops! My bad everyone. Apologies.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WaddleWigs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:16:19 AM

Bumping this.

Any US residents using bittrex? What's the deal?

I haven't tried to verify because they changed that policy, but if i can do it and withdraw, I totally would. Any insight is so welcomed.
A!

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:22:18 AM

Bumping this.

I haven't tried to verify because they changed that policy, but if i can do it and withdraw, I totally would. Any insight is so welcomed.

I'm not a US resident but they also do the same for me. I can't withdraw anything. They basically stole my money. Their support did not reply.

WaddleWigs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:39:01 AM

Bumping this.

I'm not a US resident but they also do the same for me. I can't withdraw anything. They basically stole my money. Their support did not reply.

Sigh. There has to be a way around this... right? No?
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:55:55 AM

If you are not US resident then why dont you try to verify your account??
After verify so you can withdraw your portofolio.
Is that so hard to verify?? As i know in the other exchange they need scan of identity card, scan of utility bill and might be verify phone number. I dont know what they need in bittrex.
richlipkin

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:03:18 AM

I have a verified account, but I am from the US. Am I in trouble? lol
WaddleWigs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 01:15:15 AM

I have a verified account, but I am from the US. Am I in trouble? lol

Can you make a withdrawal? Have you tried since Nov 16?
shunyata

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:24:13 AM

US Bittrex Customer here, verified “Enhanced” account, just withdrew 2 BTC no problem. Been selling BTG all weekend and buying BTC and alts and withdrawing them no problem.
shunyata

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:30:30 AM

So the last few weeks bittrex has been like "we're not supporting US residents anymore. You aren't one, right?"

Are you sure you aren’t talking about Bitfinex? I haven’t seen anything from Bittrex that says they aren’t supporting U.S. accounts.
WaddleWigs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:44:41 AM

OHHHHHHHHHH shiiiiiiiit. I feel stupid. I misread the email, and thought there was a pop up when i signed in on bittrex. But I think you're totally right. Shooooot.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:46:06 AM

Just follow all the requirement if you still want to use their service, I just get my account verified lately and it does not require me a long period of time to know the result, it was instant actually so now I am enjoying trading in bittrex. I have read good feedback on bittrex and the volume is really good so I would do everything to protect my account, so far I have not face any problem.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:21:23 AM

I got some of my portfolio out ahead of time, but I'm sorta freaking out that my funds are trapped forever.

Edit: The unverified account thing still stands, but I was wrong about the US resident thing. That was Bitfinex and I just misread the email... whoops! My bad everyone. Apologies.
I don't think this could be a trustworthy post. There are many flaws from the writer side. The issue of the US national was resolved earlier as the exchanges has announced them to withdraw their funds.
Sometime we make mistakes by ourselves and then complain from others. For example why will someone be using unverified account? If you are using unverified account then you will definitely meet the consequences.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:33:28 AM

It's really not their fault, what you can really do it to verify your account in order to prove that you are not a citizen from U.S. , Bittrex might be legal in other countries but not in U.S. It is not about stealing your money it is about maintaining their business  as a cryptocurrency exchange and if they experienced issues like this they might faced a complaint for their business and the worst scenario they will be shut down with all the other funds of verified users. It is really good that this kinds of businesses are complying with legal requirements.
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:08:42 AM

Bumping this.

Not only in your country, in my country there are many bittrexxer can not carry out the withdrawal . And there are many people who cannot verification bittrex account.
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:30:56 PM

It's really not their fault, what you can really do it to verify your account in order to prove that you are not a citizen from U.S. , Bittrex might be legal in other countries but not in U.S. It is not about stealing your money it is about maintaining their business  as a cryptocurrency exchange and if they experienced issues like this they might faced a complaint for their business and the worst scenario they will be shut down with all the other funds of verified users. It is really good that this kinds of businesses are complying with legal requirements.

PLease! Stop lying about an obvious scam situation.

Who are you? A Bittrex shareholder or what? Thousands of accounts, verified, legitimate accounts, has been disabled and the victims have lost millions of dollars worth of coins and you come here telling fake stories about regulatory compliance? Do you think people are stupid? All of them?  Huh

Bittrex is  a scam site. Don't deposit a single satoshi there and take your last ones out asap, if you are a dumb ignorant user who doesn't read anything and isn't aware of the last two months events with this shitty site, Bittrex, otherwise, if you are closely related to them, as a perpetrator and a scam runner, remain silent (just like their support) and STFU! Angry
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:48:11 PM

I lost two thousand dollars worth of NEO and ethereum in this exchange, i just had an account who had no verifications, but i was still able to withdraw because it was an old account.
They have locked my account right after away that i deposited those $2k worth of neo and ethereum, they asked me for an enhanced verification (which i really provided) but they denied this, i had to send a ticket but they still did not answered to my inquerie, and more than seven days have passed since i sent it.
I consider it as lost money, because i know that they are never going to return this to me.
a HUGE scam.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
WaddleWigs (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 07:39:06 PM

I don't think this could be a trustworthy post. There are many flaws from the writer side. The issue of the US national was resolved earlier as the exchanges has announced them to withdraw their funds.
Sometime we make mistakes by ourselves and then complain from others. For example why will someone be using unverified account? If you are using unverified account then you will definitely meet the consequences.

I'm sorta confused how this is an untrustworthy post or what the "flaws on the writer side" are. I made a mistake and edited the original post to say the US resident thing wasn't the issue. But the undeniable truth is that they allowed unverified members to withdraw, and then without warning, they didn't anymore. Yes, you can just verify, but I tried to do it and it failed. I sent an email to support and they're SLOW to do anything, unsure what they will eventually do. Regardless of whether or not I will be able to eventually get my funds out, this unannounced change in policy has negatively affected my ability to trade and makes me not want to do business with them anymore. Decentralized exchanges FTW.
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:54:55 PM

They have been disabling a lot of accounts, i have a friend who got his account closed because he did not made the enhanced verification too, and he had a lot of altcoins in there, now they all are stucked.
of course that there is no way that you can get your money back, because those people are never going to reply to the tickets, and less to the accussations because they have thousands of them in all around the internet.
so it is a waste of time to complain about it, because there is no way to get their coins back, no matter what you are looking to do with it.

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:05:48 PM

You nedd to update your port folio into real one im from the 3rd continent of the world and they need some id’s i don’t know what is this for but for me i din’t aggree with this because they getting someones information we can’t guaranteed the safety of those information they needed.
Chol_gol

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:56:14 AM

I have launched a telegram group. I want all those whose account has been disabled to join to this group. and if we needed to file a lawsuit against them we can do it collectively for better results.
everybody is welcome
here is group:
https://t.me/joinchat/BjmOlA2Ir-_l5XhBATHoTg
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: