Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:48:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Ledger now backed by Australian federal government  (Read 693 times)
uartasic (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:09:08 AM

Good news for those who have an interest in Power Ledger, as this article explains the federal Australian government have bough into the project which is the first crypto / blockchain foray ever in  Australia to be backed by the federal government.

I know many other companies are watching this project with very keen eyes.

Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time

<a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/turnbull-government-invests-in-cryptocurrencybased-company-for-the-first-time-20171121-gzplb4.html">Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time</a>

this is BIG!!! for Australia and blockchain tech / crypto.

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
Brothersav

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:37:49 PM

I rarely buy for FOMO, but I'm not going to lie. I heavily invested in this when the SMH posted the article. Luckily I got in at 6000sats  Roll Eyes Tongue

bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:40:13 PM

Good news for those who have an interest in Power Ledger, as this article explains the federal Australian government have bough into the project which is the first crypto / blockchain foray ever in  Australia to be backed by the federal government.

<a href="http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-economy/turnbull-government-invests-in-cryptocurrencybased-company-for-the-first-time-20171121-gzplb4.html">Turnbull government invests in cryptocurrency-based company for the first time</a>

So, we finally realized why this coin grew so much. This is a very serious news.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:45:41 PM

I rarely buy for FOMO, but I'm not going to lie. I heavily invested in this when the SMH posted the article. Luckily I got in at 6000sats  Roll Eyes Tongue
You're so lucky dude, but i've participated in the ico and i still hold my power ledger token. The ico price was 0.08 and this time the price over $0.8 this is very good return for me. As the AU already announced that the power ledger to be the first crypto project backed by the government and this will become so big.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
aliba

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:46:13 PM

I also strongly argue with you because there are many successful users in their investment and this is the proponent of why many are investing real on this digital currency.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:05:03 AM

Where did they buy tokens from?  From developers of from exchanges. Is super silly if they bought them way experiencing from exchanges after pump if they could get them in ICO.
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:20:28 AM

Yeah it is.  Australia is projected to be 13th in gdp this year. If Power Ledger could team up with Elon Musk that would make it even better.
uartasic (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:18:54 AM

You could once register for ICO but i was late.

I bought it on Cryptopia for 16 cents.

The devs for Power Ledger are well known in australia.

Where did they buy tokens from?  From developers of from exchanges. Is super silly if they bought them way experiencing from exchanges after pump if they could get them in ICO.

Crypto Vest coin fan \ Alt-Coin Blockchain Assembler \ BTC faithful \ POWR faithful
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:24:03 AM

You're so lucky dude, but i've participated in the ico and i still hold my power ledger token. The ico price was 0.08 and this time the price over $0.8 this is very good return for me. As the AU already announced that the power ledger to be the first crypto project backed by the government and this will become so big.

You are so good when you hold your powr token so now you get very good return.
Actually i dont participate in ico but i bought around 360 token when it was $ 0.2 per token. But i just sell it in $0.4.
I got profit but i regret why i dont hold for any longer.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:51:28 AM

Just because something is backed by government doesn't mean that it's going to be a good idea to invest in it. This could even make the cryptocurrency more centralized as the government has a large share in it.

I don't know, but there is really no difference between government investment vs. a whale's investment. Yet people respond much stronger to government investment.

But anyways, this shows that the Australian government is doing a good job of acknowledging crypto, which isn't happening elsewhere.
uartasic (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:03:00 AM

My point exactly! Wink

But anyways, this shows that the Australian government is doing a good job of acknowledging crypto, which isn't happening elsewhere.

iwill100

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:24:01 AM

one of the best ICO which held recently, and this is adding some fertilizer to the POWR tree. But poor me missed that train mate. Sad waiting for a chance to buy this.  Cry
serian

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:33:36 AM

Great news for early investors. I wish our government would be so keen to crypto and blockchain. 

semar nyengir

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:40:10 AM

certainly if it had happened there was a belief in the world of crypto and the other thing is the australia community itself already know the big advantage of crypto world.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:54:05 AM

I've invested my free like 30$ that I had on the exchange when it was about 10 cents per token. Unfortunately I still can't buy yacht for the profit I've got but it is still a good news just because I've almost forgot that I have their tokens Smiley

gjtnwls1

Activity: 378

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:06:27 AM

for some reason i don't trust their team, and i'm not sure they will be able to execute.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:13:55 AM

one of the best ICO which held recently, and this is adding some fertilizer to the POWR tree. But poor me missed that train mate. Sad waiting for a chance to buy this.  Cry
I was lucky enough to fit gold of power ledger in ICO itself but slightly disappointed at the first day of trading at Binance because it almost went 50% down the price I bought in. But now I'm very happy that I didn't panic sell! lol. If you are looking to buy then just wait for the dust to settle down and then buy because now it is in superior FOMO mode.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:48:05 AM

What a great news this will go a long way in the development of power ledger
EasyGoing

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:52:27 AM

As far as i know Australian gov is very welcome to cyptocurrency adoption, This is normal for Aussie but good for $POWR
uartasic (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:06:33 AM

More suburbs and states are adopting this kind of power scheme in Australia which all use Power Ledger as the trading platform.

There is more news to come about overseas interest from India and Thailand.

Here another state has started its own system / trial, this appears to be catching momentum as they all now look at our state as the platform for the energy / crypto / blockchain revolution that Power Ledger is now driving.

https://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/agl-expand-p2p-trial-adelaide-consumers-embrace-solar-sharing/

Excerpt from article:

The good news for consumers is that there is an increasing number of these sort of trials going on in the Australian market.

Among them is a a pilot project with Perth-based blockchain energy market provider, Power Ledger, that was launched by another big gen-tailer, Origin Energy, in September.

The three-month technical trial will use “anonymised and historical” data from Origin customers to explore the benefits and challenges of peer-to-peer energy trading across the regulated network.

In particular, the trial aims to prove the accuracy and security of an energy trading platform based on “cryptocurrency.”

This is a specialty of Power Ledger, whose P2P solar trading platform was launched at the White Gum Valley housing development in Fremantle last year, allowing residents to trade rooftop solar energy with one another, without the addition of market costs and commercial margins.

Results of another WA trial, involving 10 households and about 20 people at the Busselton Lifestyle Village, on the Western Power network, is said to have showed that households could save $A600 a year on their electricity bills using Power Ledger’s peer-to-peer trading.

Another cutting edge program, which is being conducted in collaboration with a broad range of energy market players, is GreenSync’s deX: an open decentralised energy exchange where energy capacity can be transacted between businesses, households, communities and utilities.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: