Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC.  (Read 4112 times)
niktuneable

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:04:51 PM

They way bitcoin operates is secure, the insecure thing is where you store them. The device is hackable but the algorithm of bitcoin not. So you can minimize the risks of being hacked, the best way is to store them in hardware wallet, or in a device always offline.
White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:10:35 PM

You shouldn't scared to hackers if you know how to keep safe your account or wallet no body can hacked your bitcoin. Just make sure that you use a cold wallet with security and never attempt to click any suspicious website will appear on your screen. Ofcourse dont let someone knows your private key.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
RakknRoll

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:43:44 PM

Yes you should since you are the target of those bad person. They will do all things to steal your money so you shoukd be careful enough in all actions that you will do.
BlasterS

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:34:42 PM

Yes, you should be scared since the eye of hackers are in your account. I think you should be careful enough in all informations that you will provide in order to protect your wallet from any threats  hacking.
Aside the company itis your duty to be careful in all actions that you will made.
ShadyMash
Copper Member

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

https://wesp.io

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

if you have lot of bitcoins store them in different places.always use hardware wallets to store your bitcoins because hackers can't hack  hardware wallets.i think that is the best way to store your bitcoins.if you are using online wallets don't give away your private keys.don't click on phishing links.don't share your email address in public.lot of scammers send phishing links to email account.use a best virus guard for your computer.it will remove malwares like Keyloggers from your computer.

Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:37:42 PM

Basically there is no security guarantee if we save bitcoin, but I suggest to divide bitcoin into some kind of wallet, so if there is damage or stolen by hacker then there is still another.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Minionnn

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:20:58 PM

The hackers are very dangerous, although bitcoins are stored very carefully in the electronic wallet, but the hacker still find the ways to steal bitcoin. I think people have many bitcoin will be very worried about the hackers. I think they should be more careful in storing bitcoin in order that hackers can not steal their bitcoins.

divyasdm11

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

No need to scared of hackers rather
it's better to secure your account with double protection like using 2FA features if available and save your seed key .You should logout after using your account,and use user id and password  such a way that which is not used in other site
Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

Well I still have those old vintage version of PC which is a 386 and its still running as of this time, this version of PC which used floppy disk where I've saved my private key and Lotus 123 as my spreadsheet application and most especially it is offline never connected into internet even once so I think hackers won't be able to accessed it. I only connect to internet with my other PC with complete anti hacking ang anti virus program which I heavily invested to keep my system being hacked.
Boysisig207608

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:06:25 AM

I think not because I also save my private keys in my financial ledger all kept in the same room where my 486 computer is kept with 2 door locks in which the keys are always with me. My other PC which is connected to the internet are installed with the latest anti hacking and malware software for safety precautions.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 06:13:37 AM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

You probably should be afraid of them of you don't really take your security seriously. I think you should just transfer your funds to a paper wallet or cold storage if you're going for the long run of hodling. Try as much as possible, to not stay connected to the internet.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:42:06 PM

If you have few or many bitcoins, then you should be afraid of hackers and secure your wallet. It's a hard-earned investment and you have to be the person who can enjoy the benefits and not the hackers who can have but all the certain circles or groups that can defend it. Cool
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:45:04 PM

If you have a lot of BTC then you should be more worried about the increasing number of physical assaults of criminals forcing their victims to transfer bitcoins into their wallet. They aren't just after cash anymore, they want your bitcoins!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

There's really nothing to be scared about if you have done all of the precautionary/security measures in order to protect your BTC. Those who were hacked and are now complaining are those who were simply careless. They may have been fond of clicking on unknown/suspicious phishing sites which gave hacker access to their accounts/wallets. This should be a learning for all of us.

There is almost nothing you can do if your wallet got hacked and your BTC's got stolen. The transaction may be traced and identified. But I'm pretty sure the culprits won't bother giving back what they took from you. So all we can do to prevent being hacked is to be vigilant and do whatever we need to do to safekeep our investments.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

You should be scared of hackers if you're an idiot, not if you have a lot of BTC. There's no way for anybody to hack your BTC address, just by knowing the address. They would need to compromise your computer, and this would only be possible if they know who is the owner of that address (ergo YOU). So if you're careful, and keep a low profile, and don't make yourself a target, you'll be fine.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:05:01 PM

Ofcourse you should still be scared. Prevention is better than cure. Cryptocurrencies are virtual since things do work through the use of technology. Technology is complicated so I think despite of the strong security of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, such instance is still possible to happen.it is still better to be scared but prepared than to be so confident.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:16:47 PM

Well you should not really be scared of them instead you will just have to be cautious of the things that you may be doing online. There are lots of sites that may steal your information that can be used to hack your wallet or some phising sites that offers a great offer but then they will just steal your account. There are really lots of hackers these days even with some small amount of btc can also be a target. So I suggest that we just have to be safe for our accounts to prevent such hacking incidents.

Artlee87

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:20:52 PM

Social engineering will make up 99% of attacks. Get a paper wallet, take a picture of it, encrypt that picture, and put the paper wallet in a safe deposit box.
poisonivy77

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

it is inevitable that some hackers could get into your account but it all depends on you, you must be careful regarding phishing sites, careful what you clicked and always remember to get your wallet secure.

jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:35:20 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 08:52:13 PM by jackolinyoko

Of course,hackers nowadays can hack everything,which is why we should be using hardwallets so that our bitcoins will be protected from these hackers.Also it is suggested to use metamask extension to protect your browser from getting into phishing sites or potential websites.As far as i can see they have emailed me some phishinh sites,but the metamask extension has saved my ass from getting hacked.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: