Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bubble  (Read 3075 times)
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:59:56 AM

Bitcoin is never a balloon. a real payment system.
But how many users are actually using bitcoin as payment system?
I think there are much more people who invested money in bitcoin just because they heard or read somewhere that it will go to moon. I can't imagine what would happen when those investors decide to get out.

You are correct - unfortunately it is too easy to imagine what will happen.
freightjoe

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:01:22 AM

Bitcoin now is too big for a bubble or the risk is ever the same?

"too big for a bubble"? No, it is different - as it grows bigger faster, the bubble is expanding further which means that the crash will also be bigger

I don't think bitcoin is in a bubble but what can happen is that countries regulating
bitcoin or even worse placing a ban on it.

I guess that is the only way the bubble will burst.

First you say it is not a bubble - but then you say the governments can burst the bubble.

Clearly you are in denial. You know it is a bubble, but you are just hoping that it will not be popped.

It will.
378budiman

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:22:41 AM

Bitcoin may always be bubbles. This cycle will continue until we see a large drop or some stabilization in bitcoin prices.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:43:44 AM

I think it's a bubble in April and May I think there might be a bit of hot air and a surge in the economy, but it's impossible to get to the top. After all Bitcoin quantity is fixed. You can always build more homes or factories, which make the market easier to crash.
Kwothe117

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:54:42 AM

The tricky part is that Bitcoin has no inherent value of its own other than the cost of the power to mine it. People are excited at Blockchain technology and it's potential so they are associating a lot of value to it. The truth is the cost of the power required to mine a single bitcoin (according to my very rough calculations) is 1000USD to 2000USD. As you can tell from current prices, it is FAR beyond that. So yeah, BTC should come down eventually either by a "pop" or by an increasing cost of mining/processing transactions.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:28:08 AM

I do not think bitcoin is in a bubble, rather I think the world is just noticing the great potential of bitcoin and that is why right now many have decided to make up for lost time and start investing in bitcoins, as recently announced by CME Group, for which this accelerated increase in price is nothing more than an adjustment in the price that bitcoin always deserved to have.
vfrcbv911

Merit: 144

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:35:25 AM

It seems to me that the risk bubble is still very high. Now it is better not to buy bitcoin and wait for lower prices.

Bitcall (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:51:39 PM

Yes i think BTC is overated and all cryptocurrency is overated ATM.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:05:37 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 09:16:39 AM by Spoetnik

"too big for a bubble"? No, it is different - as it grows bigger faster, the bubble is expanding further which means that the crash will also be bigger

If you think it is a bubble, that is. The price is rising, yes, but what exactly makes yoı think it's a bubble?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_housing_bubble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_foreclosure_crisis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%9308

Crypto coins are identical to worthless mortage derivative bundles.

Well said

You know there was a story in my local news about the price of bread at stores (it's high)
Also a few about the minimum wage needing to be increased.

Point is inflation.. which came from the 2008 world wide recession.
A recession that had grave consequences for many.. it collapsed the economy of smaller countries.
It made tons of people homeless and poor. and all of us ever since has been hammered with inflation.

Why ?
A lack of Regulations + Greed.

They chanted NO LAWS !
Greenspan said they would not let the system collapse (again)
He was fucking wrong.
They did.
They did because it was PROFITABLE.

One guy i seen on CNN said it was easy his firm made over a billion dollars over night.. and much more.

You bet your damn ass there is a bubble.
And i know people who got burned on the one we had in crypto in 2013 too.
But this place is full of happy greedy willing participants they will not be bothered by the turd in the punch bowl chanting DOOM.

I am not amused when i have to pay pretty much double for everything in society when financial pundits warned ever since '08 the fix Greenspan and then Bernanke put in place was nothing but a band-aid.. a larger crash is possibly coming and no a broken and fucked up inflated Bitcoin will NOT be taking over if the dollar collapses.
It can't.. it's broken.

GREED RULES and you all love it and chant NO REGULATIONS like pigs.
Problem is the consequences flow around the globe for all to deal with.
Yes a bubble is a bad thing guys.. not something to celebrate.
It's warning.

You all are mostly noobs with no experience or grasp of the context of traditional economies or crypto.
You are blind and dumb and lambs led to the slaughter ..that carrot on the stick will lead you right off the fucking cliff.
Seriously how the bloody hell are the worlds biggest and most popular companies worth a tiny fraction of a scam coin called Ethereum let alone fucking Bitcoin at 8 grand ?
Do you all fathom how utterly retarded that is ?
"Investment" ? I'd sooner invest in Alphabet inc (Google) or Microsoft etc than this inflated idiotic bullshit.

For fuck sake's Microsoft's stock price is worth $83
And Bitcoin is worth $8,000.00 ?
Are you idiots fucking high or what ?
Bitcoin is broken and unregulated.
Like in '08 there will be no bail outs when you get burned investards.

..how quickly people forget Roll Eyes

EDIT:
By the way, Hitler got elected because the US's economy crashed.
He tried unsuccessfully for close to a decade to get elected before that and failed.
When times were good no one wanted his brand of Trump'esque soap box anger.
As soon as the depression the US bankers created crossed the sea it was game on !
You reap what you sow.

FUD first & ask questions later™
freightjoe

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:16:38 AM

You know there was a story in my local news about the price of bread at stores (it's high)
Also a few about the minimum wage needing to be increased.

Point is inflation.. which came from the 2008 world wide recession.
A recession that had grave consequences for many.. it collapsed the economy of smaller countries.
It made tons of people homeless and poor. and all of us ever since has been hammered with inflation.

Why ?
A lack of Regulations + Greed.

They chanted NO LAWS !
Greenspan said they would not let the system collapse (again)
He was fucking wrong.
They did.
They did because it was PROFITABLE.

One guy i seen on CNN said it was easy his firm made over a billion dollars over night.. and much more.

You bet your damn ass there is a bubble.
And i know people who got burned on the one we had in crypto in 2013 too.
But this place is full of happy greedy willing participants they will not be bothered by the turd in the punch bowl chanting DOOM.

I am not amused when i have to pay pretty much double for everything in society when financial pundits warned ever since '08 the fix Greenspan and then Bernanke put in place was nothing but a band-aid.. a larger crash is possibly coming and no a broken and fucked up inflated Bitcoin will NOT be taking over if the dollar collapses.
It can't.. it's broken.

GREED RULES and you all love it and chant NO REGULATIONS like pigs.
Problem is the consequences flow around the globe for all to deal with.
Yes a bubble is a bad thing guys.. not something to celebrate.
It's warning.

You all are mostly noobs with no experience or grasp of the context of traditional economies or crypto.
You are blind and dumb and lambs led to the slaughter ..that carrot on the stick will lead you right off the fucking cliff.
Seriously how the bloody hell are the worlds biggest and most popular companies with a tiny fraction of a scam coin called Ethereum let alone fucking Bitcoin at 8 grand ?
Do you all fathom how utterly retarded that is ?
"Investment" ? I'd sooner invest in Alphabet inc (Google) or Microsoft etc than this inflated idiotic bullshit.

EDIT:
He tried unsuccessfully for close to a decade to get elected before that and failed.
As soon as the depression the US bankers created crossed the sea it was game on !
You reap what you sow.

Great piece

And I love your word "Investard"
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

I just want to see people care about the thing they are investing it gets fixed and succeeds in a healthy and productive way.

There shouldn't be a bubble nor is one something to support.

We need people that actually care and they clearly don't when they make BTC worth 8k while they know damn well it's broken.

I want to see BTC at 10 grand as the infamous Vl2Vlad said long ago because the ETF accepted it for example.
In other words a sign that it is experiencing growth based on real usage as intended.. as a currency.

Investing in a "stock" because the stock is worth lots is.. stupid.
Just what are all these guys investing in ?

..guys it's been 8 years.

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

I am not amused when i have to pay pretty much double for everything in society

EDIT:
You reap what you sow.
So Microsoft, Facebook Stocks are worth to buy? People have been losted hopes in those stocks and obviously they are making some money from these Crypto's. I agree on most part of your post, but Bitcoin is not a Bubble and it will live more than 2 years and in this time people can make some decent money.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:37:23 AM

I think there are much more people who invested money in bitcoin just because they heard or read somewhere that it will go to moon. I can't imagine what would happen when those investors decide to get out.

Both of you are correct in my opinion. I'll it explain better.

It is true Bitcoin was made to be a payment system and you can already actually buy lots of stuff with Bitcoin. But it's also true Bitcoin is rarely used to buy stuff nowadays, because of high fees, long confirmation time and also because many people just use Bitcoin for speculative purposes or for long-time hodling.

MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:50:42 AM

It is true Bitcoin was made to be a payment system and you can already actually buy lots of stuff with Bitcoin. But it's also true Bitcoin is rarely used to buy stuff nowadays, because of high fees, long confirmation time and also because many people just use Bitcoin for speculative purposes or for long-time hodling.

Right. The only way to prevent this so called "bubble" to explode is more adoptions from different countries and business institutions. And in order to be really accepted, they need more upgrades on its systems. High fees and slow confirmations are unacceptable. Well, who knows bitcoin gets replaced by other solid contenders like BCH.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:31:17 AM

I am not amused when i have to pay pretty much double for everything in society

EDIT:
You reap what you sow.
So Microsoft, Facebook Stocks are worth to buy? People have been losted hopes in those stocks and obviously they are making some money from these Crypto's. I agree on most part of your post, but Bitcoin is not a Bubble and it will live more than 2 years and in this time people can make some decent money.

WOW.

You didn't get the point.
Microsoft is a real company that has spent decades providing usable and working products sent to market.
Bitcoin has accomplished fuck all and is broken and drowning.
MS is worth $500 and Bitcoin is worth $1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.00

Wrap your stupid fucking noob heads around this concept.
Bitcoin is not about profits.
It's about a currency.

..and i quote again

..people can make some decent money

And ?
What is your point ?

If you say stupid shit like that you are raising your hand saying.. YES, indeed it is in fact a bubble.
I feel sorry for you all.
You are actually too stupid to understand the consequences of your poor behavior.
No your profiteering is not helping Bitcoin.
And hoping more people come into the pyramid scheme to bump the price up more is not going to help BTC either.
Which is what you just said noob.

It's not 1 guy with this broken English investard mentality.
It's all of crypto.
Hence why i got the fuck out fast & hard.
I morally will not contribute to the pyramid scheme antics nor will i mingle and associate with profiteers.
I also would not hold the future of my investment with noobs acting like greedy morons.

I pray to god Satoshi sees this perverse abomination that crypto has become and dumps your Bitcoin into oblivion to teach you all a valuable lesson.

poliy1219

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:44:14 AM

Yes, there's a lot of bubbles in bitcoin right now. Sometimes I have to wonder how long this trend will last. I also have a bit of money to invest in. I don't dare to go on buying now. Maybe it's time to make a profit. What do you think?
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:46:57 AM

Right. The only way to prevent this so called "bubble" to explode is more adoptions from different countries and business institutions. And in order to be really accepted, they need more upgrades on its systems. High fees and slow confirmations are unacceptable. Well, who knows bitcoin gets replaced by other solid contenders like BCH.

I guess there is a massive global adoption of bitcoin  and that is why the price keeps increasing astronomically but others are trying to attribute it to a bubble that is going to burst any time soon and  so we wouldn't need any solid whatever like BHC which is everything an altcoin except bitcoin to salvage the situation. It is original bitcoin and nothing else.
Paranuatu

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:26:21 PM

bitcoin is definitely a bubble, one of the largest we have ever seen. It price has risen so dramatically, and after the fees have grown, risen even more. The elss useful bitcoin is, the more people are entering to invest. No real inherent value (im not buying the 'crypto is the future of technology' Whz excatly?)Why is the bubble so big? Mainly because it is accesible to absolutely everyone, unlike the realeaste market or the financial markets. Here irresponsible millenials, people from anywhere in the world dreaming to be rich, like in anz bubble.

But of course Im sad I didnt get in the bubble when bitcoin was 200.

I missed the BTC train Sad donate bitcents: BTC:1CWpbYGZVmC14zqLgNmnU8R8CbM9dbx4CY ETH:0x546A87681f70929634236Ad243AE4722A5CbDcC6
Tabanta

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:31:50 PM

I dont think that BTC is a bubble. People WANT Cryptos, and BTC is the old king of cryptos, and will continue to reign.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:47:34 AM

I dont think that BTC is a bubble. People WANT Cryptos, and BTC is the old king of cryptos, and will continue to reign.

WHY do people want "cryptography" ?

The practice and study of techniques for secure communication in the presence of third parties called adversaries

Why again is the crowd out there who are computer illiterate idiots clutching cash interested in SHA256 ?

SHA-2 (Secure Hash Algorithm 2) is a set of cryptographic hash functions designed by the United States National Security Agency (NSA).[3] Cryptographic hash functions are mathematical operations run on digital data; by comparing the computed "hash" (the output from execution of the algorithm) to a known and expected hash value, a person can determine the data's integrity. For example, computing the hash of a downloaded file and comparing the result to a previously published hash result can show whether the download has been modified or tampered with.[4] A key aspect of cryptographic hash functions is their collision resistance: nobody should be able to find two different input values that result in the same hash output.

ohhhh becasue it's a currency that has horrendous wait times and horribly high fees and only gets worse by the day.

AHHHH i see  Cheesy

WRONG.
You are full of shit noob.
You are all 100% here "investing" because it is in fact one giant massive ponzi / pyramid scene facade that is run illegally with no requirements.. except when you sign up at an "exchanger" as you dipshit pajeets like to call them.
THEN, they are govt AML / KYC compliant.
Which is yet another point that takes a fat stinky rotten shit all over the *REASON* Satoshi created the fucking thing in the first place.

I could go on and on and on.. but you all do not care.
You are all 100% greedy deceitful little ponzi idiots clutching FIAT.
Hoping to pour FIAT into Bitcoin so you can "invest" and then dump your Bitcoin and get FIAT *again.
You did not come here to support or use cryptoz as you put it investard.

I will enjoy the IRS and REV-CAN audits and when you all scramble to cover your tracks.
The no regulations and no laws massive free for all will have to come to end end eventually.
I will be cheering for the police because you all deserve it.
You ruined crypto.. forever.

And i don't give a shit what any of you think.. it is a bubble.
It is not natural growth.. when it pops is another discussion all together.
Investards, currency adoption is not a crypto circle jerk for profits.

PS:
DeepOnion is a confirmed scam coin.
Regardless if the noob above me commenting is participating in the SIG campaign.
Yup i prefer my investment advice from nameless shady noob accounts flogging scam coins.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: