Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:10:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange DDOSing and the LTC Dump coming  (Read 490 times)
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:42:02 PM

There have been a lot of exchanges that so happen to have maintenance scheduled all that the same time.  Now BTC-e is down for a prolonged period of time.  If I were running an exchange I would want high availability and keep at least 2 servers up and running one to take down to to maintenance while the other one hosts the site in production.  But that is besides the point.

Btc-e is the biggest LTC trading exchange.  With it being down for a period of time I expect that miners who need to sell LTC to pay expenses will build up a lot of LTC that will be dumped on to the market at the same time.  That drops LTCs price.

Now what stops someone from coordinating multiple DDOSs of all the LTC exchanges to build up and supply of LTC in miner hands.  When you feel that enough people have LTC they want to sell you stop the DDOS and now you get the price action you intended.  A drop in LTC price.  Why would you want to crash the price of LTC?  Because you missed the boat and you want to pick up the shares that the miners will be dumping.

Thoughts?
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 10:50:51 PM

hah perhaps.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:52:57 PM

Really? 50 litecoins every 2.5 minutes is 12000 coins in 10 hours. Not all of them are going to be sold, so even if half of those are dumped immediately as BTC-e goes online, it won't make a huge difference in the price.
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

Really? 50 litecoins every 2.5 minutes is 12000 coins in 10 hours. Not all of them are going to be sold, so even if half of those are dumped immediately as BTC-e goes online, it won't make a huge difference in the price.

But they put current buyers at a loss, so they might panic sell.  Also It might trigger bots to action.  I'm just speculating.

Oh and I guess BTc-e is back online. lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: