Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:11:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs refusing refunds?  (Read 5304 times)
Odin50

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

I need miner not refund
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

I asked for a refund and was refused here is a copy of the email for your amusement.

I am going to challenge paypal even though it has passed the 45 days because according to their terms you can not take money for products that they do not have to sell.

So I will see what happens - not holding my breath though

Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 5:49 PM
To: Chris J R******
Subject: Re: Order Number 100034910

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs.  According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final.  Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed.  Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Best regards,
Sabina
BF Labs, Inc. Customer Service

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Chris R**** <Chris.*****.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,

I placed my order on the 6th Arpil order number 100034910, I was aware it was a pre order item - but you did state that it would be 2 months! I can not wait any longer and I require the money due to a change in circumstances.

Therefore I would kindly request that you cancel my order and refund the money.

Many thanks

Chris R*****

You know Chris. BFL noted at the bottom of each miner's info page that it could take 2 months or more to ship our miners. I remember reading it months before you even placed your order. Worst case scenario, in a few months you should receive your miner. You can sell it at that point. Or you could try to auction it off.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 11:13:10 AM

I asked for a refund and was refused here is a copy of the email for your amusement.

I am going to challenge paypal even though it has passed the 45 days because according to their terms you can not take money for products that they do not have to sell.

Thank you for contacting Butterfly Labs.  According to the terms you agreed to on checkout, all sales are final.  Now that shipping of orders has begun, refunds will not be processed.  Your order will be shipped per your position in the order queue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For Jody's Customer Service Blog, and more, please visit our new BFL Forums at <https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/>

Best regards,
Sabina

Hello,

I placed my order on the 6th Arpil order number 100034910, I was aware it was a pre order item - but you did state that it would be 2 months! I can not wait any longer and I require the money due to a change in circumstances.

Many thanks

Chris R*****

You know Chris. BFL noted at the bottom of each miner's info page that it could take 2 months or more to ship our miners. I remember reading it months before you even placed your order. Worst case scenario, in a few months you should receive your miner. You can sell it at that point. Or you could try to auction it off.

it might be worthless by then

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:01:54 PM

I need miner not refund

This is very likely not the thread for you...  Yet!
rovchris

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:03:56 PM

Best regards,
Sabina

Hello,

Many thanks

Chris R*****

I was fully aware when I ordered the products  that it said 2 months or more but they can not leave a a notice at the bottom of the order page saying 2 months or more for five months while still taking more orders - the 2 months is just a blatant lie - it is a complete misrepresentation of the facts.

In reality it should say 6 months or more.

I suspect this was put there to get around the 45 day limit on paypal claims.

No one wants to buy it - I have already tried selling it at COST price aka making nothing.

BFL will not give a shipping date or estimated delivery date or even say how many units they have shipped.

Why would a company not refund an order if they were financially stable?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:11:02 PM

I may be interested in purchasing it from you. PM me with what you ordered and what your asking price is.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
Mr.Dreamanonym

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:34:24 PM

You cant get refunds because BFL is a scam.

Yes scam
tanya.cryptocurrency

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:37:38 PM

I need miner not refund

Laughted at this , this is all very interesting.

It easy to see a wave of refunds heading towards BFL in the near future.

I wonder what this will do to thier working capital , who wants to vote /bet that Josh end up doing time?

Unless he has some pretty large backers .

* I have nothing to do with this and never ordered from BFL.
But I don't think BFL has any special friends at the federal level , well maybe not anymore.
rovchris

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 12:47:55 PM

I need miner not refund

Laughted at this , this is all very interesting.

It easy to see a wave of refunds heading towards BFL in the near future.

I wonder what this will do to thier working capital , who wants to vote /bet that Josh end up doing time?

Unless he has some pretty large backers .

* I have nothing to do with this and never ordered from BFL.
But I don't think BFL has any special friends at the federal level , well maybe not anymore.

I don't think they have any working capital left or are running extremely low - otherwise they would just issue refunds.

By not issuing refunds - it is going to raise suspicions, it is doing untold damage to their already poor reputation and people that were on the border line before will now be getting cold feet and no doubt want their money back.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
foobaz

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:10:42 PM

They need to clearly represent the units take over 6 mos (at least) to turnaround.  Based on the progression of the difficulty level, people would not buy the units as the smaller ones will be mostly obsolete by the time they arrive.   Unless they have already ordered/received the ASICs for your unit, I don't believe they can make any claim of damage or costs incurred.  CC is safer because you can dispute easily (AMEX the best, they side with consumer almost 100% of the time).   
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:24:50 PM

They need to clearly represent the units take over 6 mos (at least) to turnaround.  Based on the progression of the difficulty level, people would not buy the units as the smaller ones will be mostly obsolete by the time they arrive.   Unless they have already ordered/received the ASICs for your unit, I don't believe they can make any claim of damage or costs incurred.  CC is safer because you can dispute easily (AMEX the best, they side with consumer almost 100% of the time).   

Funny how BTC loyalty goes down the drain as CC with chargeback are called for rescue Smiley
rovchris

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:46:40 PM

Funny how BTC loyalty goes down the drain as CC with chargeback are called for rescue Smiley

This is true!

All that will happen going forward is people will just use escrow services.

I think people felt there was a bit more of a community and trust with bitcoins but BFL have completely destroyed that one.

It is companies like BFL that are damaging the reputation of Bitcoins for the exact reason you can not do a chargeback.

I have to say I will never purchase any high value item with bitcoins without an escrow service.

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 01:51:34 PM

This is true!

All that will happen going forward is people will just use escrow services.

I think people felt there was a bit more of a community and trust with bitcoins but BFL have completely destroyed that one.

It is companies like BFL that are damaging the reputation of Bitcoins for the exact reason you can not do a chargeback.

I have to say I will never purchase any high value item with bitcoins without an escrow service.

terrahash and avalon are doing this as well, which is a shame.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
LimKopi

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:03:05 PM

Haven't they shipped out orders already?
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:11:38 PM

I need miner not refund
This is why you'll get neither refund nor miner.
foobaz

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:47:05 PM

i don't understand why these companies are selling the ASICs, they should just be building farms and selling shares, much more profitable and less hassle with "customers"

rovchris

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:22:10 PM

i don't understand why these companies are selling the ASICs, they should just be building farms and selling shares, much more profitable and less hassle with "customers"

Well if they did that it would centralise the network and defy the entire point of bitcoins which is a decentralised currency.

What would happen when those companies then decide to work together and completely control the money supply - we would basically end up with central banks again. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

rovchris

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:23:46 PM

Haven't they shipped out orders already?

They have probably shipped 1% of the orders in a 1 1/2 year period - at that rate anyone at the end of the order queue will be long dead before it arrives.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 07:59:15 PM

Well if they did that it would centralise the network and defy the entire point of bitcoins which is a decentralised currency.

What would happen when those companies then decide to work together and completely control the money supply - we would basically end up with central banks again. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Firstly money supply doesn't depend on the extend of bitcoin centralization and secondly, mining pools (not ASIC manufacturers) can work together with much more success to control bitcoin network.
rovchris

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

Firstly money supply doesn't depend on the extend of bitcoin centralization and secondly, mining pools (not ASIC manufacturers) can work together with much more success to control bitcoin network.

Of course money supply can be impacted by centralisation - If the mining cartel decided not to sell their bitcoins for 6 months or a year then there would not be an increase in the money supply for 6 months or a year.

If one of the large cartels data centres catches fire and burns to the ground there would be a massive impact to the network and transaction times would go through the roof. Look what happens when the "mighty" ASICminer has a 30 ths wobble - suddenly the time between blocks increases massively.

Please examine this graph http://www.asicminercharts.com/

The entire point of bitcoins was to decentralise the money supply

So I am unsure what point you are making.

The number of people now mining Bitcoins is reducing massively as it is impossible to make any decent cash. The reason the network hashrate is increasing is because of the few people that have ASICs are cleaning up.

The other thing with mining pools - its only the pool operator that really knows what is going on. Miners just point their rigs at them and forget about it - he could be doing anything.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: