Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:42:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] [30/50] Australian ASICMINER USB Block Erupter Group Buy  (Read 4360 times)
daemondazz (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 01:12:12 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 05:07:01 AM by daemondazz

Australian ASICMINER USB Block Erupter Group Buy

GROUP BUY IS NOW CLOSED
I was very kindly approached by another group buy operator who offered to bundle the orders I have to date with his order. I have taken this option and payment has been sent, so this buy is now closed. I will cover the difference in the shipping cost compared to buying direct from ASICMINER, so the price should be the same for my purchasers. The final tally was 30 Erupters ordered.

I am putting this group buy together to service other Australian users who have had difficulty purchasing these for a reasonable cost. This group by will be open until 5.00pm CST on 5th July 2013. If there is still further demand at the end of this period I will consider running another buy.

Pricing
The price per unit will be BTC1.15. This fee covers paying GST on arrival in Australia and express shipping and handling from me to the seller.

On a case by case basis I am able to accept Australian Dollars via direct deposit, although I recommend the buyer purchasing BTC directly through Bit Trade Australia. If you require a direct deposit option please send me a PM. The 4 hour MtGox AUD average exchange rate will be used for AUD purchases, plus a purchase fee. The current value can be seen at the top of my website at https://afoyi.com/.

In the event that GST is not charged upon the units entering Australia (this will depend on what value ASICMINER declare), I will refund a portion of the fee paid. The exact amount refunded will depend on what unforseen costs I may encounter (not expecting any, but that's why they are unforseen!)

Ordering
Send me a PM with your requested number of units and I will provide a unique payment address. Orders will be confirmed using the Bitcoin block chain. I will post regular updates to this thread with the number of units ordered so far.

Please only send BTC from an address you control and can sign messages. I will require you to sign your shipping address before I am able to send any units out.

Once I receive payment and there have been 6 confirmations, I will send a confirmation message via PM signed using the payment address. For payments received in AUD, I will sign confirmation message using my GPG ID 0xB98F8E89.

Refunds
Refunds will be possible up until the point that the order is placed with ASICMINER. After this refunds will not be possible.

Shipping
The shipping fee covers express postage within Australia, we can negotiate for alternative shipping methods if required. Buyers from outside Australia will need to request a shipping quote based on the number of units and destination.

Local pickup is available in Adelaide. Discount on the shipping fee applies!

Order Status
We are currently up to 30 out of minimum 50 units required.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:22:04 AM

Hey daemondazz,

Hate to burst your bubble but there's already an Australian GB going:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242154.msg2567894#msg2567894

0.99 BTC per device and flat shipping cost of 0.05 BTC on all orders across Australia.

Sorry,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:02:40 AM

Please don't PM people randomly either.

dip
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

Hate to burst your bubble but there's already an Australian GB going:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242154.msg2567894#msg2567894

0.99 BTC per device and flat shipping cost of 0.05 BTC on all orders across Australia.

Thanks QG, I hadn't seen that one (I did look!).

I'm not sure how he can do shipping for BTC0.05 though, unless he's expecting most orders to be > 5 or 10 sticks. BTC0.05 is about $5, the smallest express post satchel is $10.45, so he's either not sending express or he's losing money.

Also, depending on what ASICMINER declare the goods at on the customs form, GST may be payable as well - 50 units @ $115 each (or thereabouts) is well over the $1000 GST exemption limit. Which could be another $500 on top!

Please don't PM people randomly either.

Sorry about that, I had meant to change the wording on the one I sent to you to include NZ. I wasn't intending to spam anyone - I only sent 3 messages. Apologies if anyone thought I was spamming.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:53:12 AM

I have updated the first port to highlight that my price includes GST which will be payable on arrival in Australia.

cypher1024

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:25:36 AM

Also, depending on what ASICMINER declare the goods at on the customs form, GST may be payable as well - 50 units @ $115 each (or thereabouts) is well over the $1000 GST exemption limit.

They sent the blades with a declared value of $250, so hopefully they'll do the same for these. If that's the case, you shouldn't have to pay GST.
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:31:22 AM

They sent the blades with a declared value of $250, so hopefully they'll do the same for these. If that's the case, you shouldn't have to pay GST.

Ah, that's good news - I can't bank on that until they arrive though.

Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:59:22 AM

Have you got minimum order requirement  yet ?
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:00:27 AM

Have you got minimum order requirement  yet ?

No, I have not set a minimum quantity, although of course a few orders at 5 or 10 means we'll make the target faster than 50 orders of 1 Smiley

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:57:42 PM

Australian ASICMINER USB Block Erupter Group Buy

Pricing
The price per unit will be BTC1.15. This fee covers paying GST on arrival in Australia

Since when do we have to pay GST on imported items?!!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:18:47 PM

"All imported goods are subject to assessment for duty, Goods and Services Tax (GST) and other taxes and charges even if you imported those goods for your own use." - http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

As QG posted above, anything imported with a declared value of $1000 or more is subject to GST being paid before it will be released by customs.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 03:03:59 AM

no escrow?
My friend in Perth would wanna get some.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 03:40:37 AM

no escrow?

Not sure how escrow would work in this case, as I need to be able to pay for the ASICs before they are shipped, and I do not have the resources to buy upfront.

I am happy to have my ID verified and held by a trusted forum member, such as John K or Burnside if that would be sufficient for you?

Edit: I'm also happy to GPG sign a statement in the first post with a GPG key I've held since September 2004 and should be well connected in the Linux / Debian community.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:54:33 AM

Order Status
We are currently up to 14 out of minimum 50 units required.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:51:30 AM

Updated the first post with a recommendation to purchase BTC through Bit Trade Australia instead of buying from me in AUD. This will be faster and cheaper for buyers!

Also added a note about confirming payments have been received either with a bitcoin-qt or GPG signed message.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

Order Status
We are currently up to 23 out of minimum 50 units required.

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:13:35 PM

Have you pre ordered these with friedcat as I believe there is limited stock only for resellers and new orders are being suspended until further notice... Angry

This is the information thread of sales for our Block Erupter USB sticks.

Temporarily Out of Stock
Please ask for stock information to our official resellers. Currently all USBs in stock of our place are either placed as orders or reserved for resellers. We will process existing orders, but not new ones, till our stock is refilled by our factory.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:39:47 PM

Have you pre ordered these with friedcat as I believe there is limited stock only for resellers and new orders are being suspended until further notice... Angry

I haven't, no, although myself and stripykitteh have approached friedcat to become a reseller, we haven't heard back as yet.

For the moment I'm still collecting orders, if there is no news buy the end of the week when I have scheduled the group buy to finish and we haven't heard back in regards to becoming a reseller, then buyers can request a refund. As per the first post, a full refund will be available up until payment is actually sent to ASICMINER.

daemondazz (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:32:22 AM

I have issued a refund to one buyer who has decided not to proceed. So:

Order Status
We are currently up to 19 out of minimum 50 units required.

I also have a few requests to hold units until the buyer can procure BTC. As per the first post, I'm not able to do this, however, there is still a few days to run and we may need to delay if the miners are not back in stock by Friday - so plenty of time!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: